• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede

paralasalud

Smash Ace
looks like he doesn't have ground pound, as in NOT like bowser/yoshi.
i wonder if his neutral B has to do more with the mechanizing. the waddle dee toss looks like win. muhah.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
Dude, its his Up B what are you talking about!? I knew that if it wasnt the hammer jump, it would be the ground pound...
i know, i edited my post.

...CLEARLY its his charater...Not some poor thing of ninja spawn >_>;;
Dedede was made by the man himself so meh, I have confiedance that it'll turn out to be golden...unlike a ninja that attacks with a smoking pipe... ( how the hell is that kid friendly?!? )
that's what i meant, i knew sakurai created him :p

Fawriel

Smash Master
Mindgame'd by Sakurai.
The down b... is his up b. Masahiro-san, you sly fox.

And just when I thought Dedede couldn't get any more awesome, he uses a motorized hammer.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I wonder how many enemies you can unleash on the stage at a time. This seems a lot like Peach's turnips, but he doesn't have to take the time to pluck them.

Mrs. Saturn

Smash Cadet
I was hoping his Side B would have something to do with Wheelie.

BUT THROWING WADDLE DEES IS **** WIN!

Chepe

Smash Lord
Whats crazy is that someone mentioned a while back that he shouldnt have the ground pound as his Down B because of Yoshi and Bowser, and I said that it could be his Up B... Call'd, heehee...

Dedede just got a lot cooler with them moves! You know, the Down B is a personalized version of Hammer Kirby's Up Attack move from Kirby Superstar and Amazing Mirror (charge the hammer then swing upwards)...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What!!?!!? They give us Kirby's hat to speculate but don't give us his Neutral B!!!!:mad:

Hong

The Strongest
It'd be wrong to not give King Dedede his inhale in some form. While Kirby's inhale is cool, King Dedede's is just comical! Especially if he spits them out the same way he did in his original games. Oh, by the way.

BEST
SIDE B
EVER!

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I'd've though his Up B would've been the floating attack he does in some of the earlier games, where he puffs up like a pufferfish and is a little hard to avoid, but I guess they're emphasizing the heavyweight aspect and gave him another one of his attacks instead...

I'm loving that Side B and the Rocket Hammer, though.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I'd've though his Up B would've been the floating attack he does in some of the earlier games, where he puffs up like a pufferfish and is a little hard to avoid, but I guess they're emphasizing the heavyweight aspect and gave him another one of his attacks instead...

I'm loving that Side B and the Rocket Hammer, though.
I thought that too, at first. I'm very confident that Sakurai will incoporate King Dedede's "float" it could just be in the form in his basic jumps. Perhaps after he jumps, you can put King Dedede into float mode by holding in the jump button.

-Knight

Sonallvegqu

Smash Cadet
I really gonna have fun playing as "tubby." His Side - B and Down - B are fun to play with. But, I wonder if he can multi-jump and fly/float in the air like Kirby?

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Haha, awesome, it looks like his down b is Kirby's up hammer special move in Kirby Super Star, only instead of lighting on fire of its own accord, its powered by a giant jet. And I had a feeling that his big jump would be his up special. Now, is his neutral B just "mega inhale" or what?

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
ok guys, as promised I am posting the link to my fan fiction. as said, Dedede has been given a mention in the first chapter. I had done what was told and made him say nothing to Whyt as he walks past. he's getting a chapter which has a good focus on him fairly soon, so I thought it might appeal to you. if it isn't that good, I appologise, and I'll see what I can do for the next chapter

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3856770/1/Smash_Bros_Brawl_Enter_Diablos

enjoy!

BIG-T

Smash Apprentice
Dedede looks mad fun to play with. He will probably suck but hey, i guess you can use him to have fun against your noob friends (we all have them).I hate all of you.......

bushidoyoshi

Smash Rookie
www.smashbros.com has King Dedede as an official character in Brawl. Check that site daily if you want "for sure" facts. I hope most of you knew about this...

It also makes sense why there are 3 Dream Land characters in already. The same group that made all the SSB...made Kirby and such.

To my opinion he seems like a really cool addition...as unexpected as he probably was. His down B reminds me of Peach. (Pulling out Waddle Dee's and such...throwing them...and the Waddles are not always the same...like Peach's turnips) And of course they reminded me of Links bombs a little too.

A heavy character with projectiles will be VERY interesting. Aside from Bowser he will be one of my first heavy characters to pick up...so far.

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
Dedede looks very interesting but what I think is going to be the most interesting is if he'll be a floaty heavyweight. that would be interesting indeed. since they made dedede, they know what he can do, he can be seen floating in the background of a kirby stage in melee so i think he's going to have a float jump. but heavy and floaty would make an interesting combo.

psyt

Smash Journeyman
dedede is ganna be a mo'fo'in powerhouse, and waddle dee throw is just nasty, with all those nastalsia(mispelled) ridded kirby chars all the way bak from nes, aww, the siknes is just unbelievable

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Sooo....what the hell does he exactly do with the rocket? Does he HIT them with it or does he dash around madly with it? :/
I think of it a lot like Kirby's hammer in Super Star (and later games). The attack where he powers up the hammer swing with flames before unleashing a powerful attack.

seshun

Smash Apprentice
BACK ON PAGE 4 THEY STOLE MY WADDLE DEE THROW FROM THE MOVE SET I MADE. SMASH TEAM DEFINITLEY GOES ON THIS SITE. see for yourself lol.

King_Dedede

Smash Cadet
Texas King?

I wonder if king dedede is going to have a taxan accent like on the saturday mourning cartoon show " Kirby, Right back at'cha". In all games there have been no recordings of kind DDD talking, so that outcome will be intrestresting.

Fawriel

Smash Master
They should totally just keep the voice-acting Japanese.
If only for the off-chance that I get to hear someone say "DeDeDe daioh da yo!"

Top Bottom