• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KIDs ATs (only high level Sonics need enter here) NOW WITH CHAR. SPECIFIC ATS!!!

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Protip: Memphis stated the slant trick we knew from like 4 months ago.

Camtip: Ayaz, have you forever dropped Falcon for Sonic?

Kinzertip: The Usmash spike is way to DI / Damage dependent to really go for purposely in a match. I mean, it's cool as balls when it works, but it's not something you have control over.

:093:
no way son! I use both in different situations.

Like at OiN4 I beat Lain's DDD and J.L's DK with Sonic. So fat/fast fallers are taken out by Sonic. people like MK and G&W get ***** by my Falcon.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I only really put stuff in this thread that I personally improve upon or create. I dont think im going to put general ATs and techs in here.

If I die or something, Id like to think that I can leave this behind as the amalgamation of my contributions to the sonic metagame.

Except for thenew thing im coming up with. Im planning to do some testing with xiivi soon, but if what I want to do works, Ill never tell anyone.

mwahhahahahaha

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
OK, I got something for you
See what we can do with drop down from ledge > Spinshot of Halberd (when the level flies)
When I did it I flew exactly over over the ground, giving me some sort of slide. You could also drop a bit lower and U-air trough the bottom, after which you spring back to ledge and repeat.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
What Kojin did in that vid wasn't a spinshot.
KID, yes, it is a ledgeshot, but it's different. You can attack trough the bottom of the stage, being sage, or do it quickly and get back on the stage somewhere in the middle.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i realise that whats in that vid wasnt a ledgeshot but it was the basis for what I was trying to do.

it shows a similar idea to what it was supposed to look like if you know what im mean

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
@JB
test my 2 remaining theorys.
I'm still working on it... But could you detail me exactly what is what you want? This is what I uderstood:

- SHBair with either part of the hitbox, hit the shield and cancel it, turnaround grab or
- SHBair with either part of the hitbox, don't hit the shield (or hitbox never come out), turnaround grab...

If isn't any of that above, I got wrong your Theory 2 :confused:... Please correct me to do a better job :)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
b-air, with the face part of teh hit box ( as in using the back air to hit with sonics head/face.) and either hit the shield or not and grab normally. (without having to turn around.

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
Got it!... I don't have video of that (Cuz I was doing another stuff, you saw it...) but I'll give it a try... The difficult part is that you have to literaly be kissing the opponent to pull this out (risky risky). Lets see what happens :)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
dont worry about it, if you cant test that one, theres probably something else for you to find, go experiment! thats what i do.

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
I can't pull it successfully yet. Everytime I hit the shield get my quills grabbed... I have to keep trying...

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
so since this is a strat thread i'll bring up some Canadian strats:

Nair has like no lag, if you FF Nair you can combo it into a Dtilt or Ftilt.......because Nair sends the opponent kinda farish, the Dtilt usually trips the opponent allowing for a quick grab combo, then you can continue your string.

ASC(2 hits)-->JC Usmash (fat people are prone to this along with ASC--> grab)

Ftilt is Sonic's top three moves...........use it

if your on a platform while your opponent is under you fall off and FF Bair, it has no lag and ridiculous range because of the (maybe?) disjointed hitbox

when Nair comes out Sonic sort of spins while falling, iff you get the Nair the connect when Sonic is moving back upward, it sends the opponent backwards allowing for a nice stage spike.

Sonic's dash attack is one of his 5 moves.......use it

ASC(2 hits)--> Uair combo's at nice percentages

EH?!

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Hm, Nair has no lag? I must be shuffling it too much because... it seems to have a bit of lag. No, not like Dair/uncanceled fair, but it still has a fair amount of lag like it's spinning on the ground for a bit.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Actually I dislike Nair's landing lag, but if you've managed to hit someone with it then there's probably enough hitstun for it to chain into Dtilt and whatever. Soooo..... yeah.

inb4nocombosinbawrl: there's some sort of distinction between "weak hits" and "strong hits" in brawl, where weak hits can actually cause "true" hitstun (no escaping with an early airdodge or aerial). I'm not sure what makes the distinction, but it's possible that at 0%-ish, Nair's actually giving a legit enough amount of hitstun for this to be a true combo.

Then again, I think weak-last-hit-of-Nair > jab was liek one of the first and only true combos us Sonics knew we had, lulz.

Tenki

Smash Hero
N-air has lag.
B-air has lag.

N-air's lag is less than B-air's lag.

But as I'd mentioned some time ago, it can go into D-tilt, and Umby apparently already does N-air>F-tilt.

But you guys do seem to have some kind of problem against using N-air lol. I love it though :3

Infzy: Generally, strong hits have longer hitstun than weaker hits.

However, this is not the case for extremely weak hits that make your opponent go into an "ow, that kind of hurt, but not really LOL" hit state (usually on grounded opponents) because those seem to have a fixed animation to go through, whereas 'launching' hits can be cancelled by attacks/airdodge.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
not really................ I do a lot (ASC JC Usmash)

it might not be a TRUE combo but it's one of thouse strings that almost combo, and if you do it people won't expect that it's escapable

it's like Falcon's Fthrow CG. It doesn't actually work but you can usually get it to chain atleast once, because people don't pay attention to Falcon. The same principle applies to Sonic.

and Nair does combo into Dtilt or Ftilt, but I don't know the percentages, I only try to do it at low percentages.

Tenki

Smash Hero
It's definitely something to do at low %'s. You can 'fudge' it into mid %'s (40-60+? I forgot, been a while since I messed with it) if you use weak N-air hits.

You can strong N-air>D/F-tilt at low %'s (under 20%).

and after D-tilt, you can probably run>F-air, or run> grab, etc.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
@MC
yo eff you son.

you are bad in both so why are you talking about tourneys...

when and where?

and take this mess back to your tourney thread. I left a sad note in there for you

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
yeah i saw that ****.
you suck.
D:

but yeah go look in the tourney listings, EVERYONE is going to this melee gig.

my boy KDJ is going, so i'm gonna try and hop in with him however hes getting there, but Chu, Azen, Mango, Cort, Pc, Scar, M2K, etc. etc.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Bump?

I think we should look more into Sonic's SDAP (Spindash Aerial Pivot)

infzy brought it up forever ago and we never took much time into it. I came up with one possibility for it.
We all know the Bair from edge

Edge - Reverse Spin Dash > Shield Cancel > Bair

But, I was thinking maybe for use of EDGE GUARDING instead of as a ledge option...

Edge- Reverse SDAP > Fair

Eh, eh?
SDAP is more of a situational thing it seems but...if we could found uses for it...just sayin'.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im bringing this thread back and opening it along with a couple others I made back in the day, because I feel the need to not only add to them but to bring them back for the info they have to possibly remind some people about them.

I cant remember what I wanted to addd right now, but when I remember, ill put it in.

Inf1nity

Smash Rookie
i read the stikies and still dont understand this...how do you slingshot or w/e with wiichuck

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
yo KID have u ever tried using bdacus

Top Bottom