• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
DKC2 wasn't that hard... Nowhere near some of the DKC3 levels/minigames. DKC2 I beat 100% without much trouble, but DKC3 I never managed to beat 100% thanks to that 1 god**** minigame where you're the spider and you had to keep stuff from falling by making webs under all of it, or some **** like that...

Also Viper, if it's at the point where not playing helps you improve, then a break is definitely needed.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I know this is a little off subject but I couldn't help it. My Kirby plush arrived today. Check him out!
Mirror Kirby. =D

But somethings off, isn't Mirror Kirby suppose to look like this:

I guess that's the Mirror Kirby based off the anime then.

Also Viper, if it's at the point where not playing helps you improve, then a break is definitely needed.
Strangely, this happens to some of my games that I play competivley for some reason like Soul Calibur IV and Panel De Pon the most. O_o

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
DKC2 wasn't that hard... Nowhere near some of the DKC3 levels/minigames. DKC2 I beat 100% without much trouble, but DKC3 I never managed to beat 100% thanks to that 1 god**** minigame where you're the spider and you had to keep stuff from falling by making webs under all of it, or some **** like that...

Isn't DKC2 the one where you have to face K. Rool in the lost world and he dies if you hit him once, but it takes like 5 minutes to get that chance?

I also forget the large amount of code things for DKC3. There was one where it gave you all the DK coins but with some sort of drawback, one "Ocean" which I forgot what it did...

(Yes, I managed to come here, but only for a few minutes).

T-nuts

Smash Ace
Yeah i had DKC1 and 3 on SNES and 2 on GB. good times.

I def beat DKC3 100% but it was so long ago i dont remember much. still...this discussion brings a tear to my eye ;_;

*mod changes header of thread to "so meaningful, it brings a tear to T-nuts's eye"*

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
DKC2 is the greatest game to ever grace the SNES.
Also, if you have it on the gameboy, it's not DKC. It's DKL.
Donkey Kong Coutnry = SNES
Donkey Kong Land = GBC

/nerd

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
I used to have a SNES when I was little, and I played it all the time. That old thing is to blame for me being a gamer now.
I don't know what happened to it, but it just magically disappeared.
My current SNES was my 18th birthday gift, since I couldn't think of anything else. So strange to see how much better I've gotten at the game when I couldn't play it for 5+ years

T-nuts

Smash Ace
I used to have a SNES when I was little, and I played it all the time. That old thing is to blame for me being a gamer now.
I don't know what happened to it, but it just magically disappeared.
My current SNES was my 18th birthday gift, since I couldn't think of anything else. So strange to see how much better I've gotten at the game when I couldn't play it for 5+ years
my snes stopped working about 3 years ago :( i miss super metroid

Ladybug

Smash Lord
The first vid game system -I- ever owned (other than GB, GBC, and GameGear) was an N64. But I used to play on my best friends NES/SNES all the time. OMG so much fun. I've always wanted one, just to have my own. Since all I got is my N64. But if I get one, I really really want a ROB. :p Then he can interact with my Wall-E.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Super great movie! For Christmas, I got a fully automated robotic Wall-E that interacts with EVERYTHING. He loves the Roomba that we have and my cat. I just turn him on and he just goes. And talks. And acts just like the real movie Wall-E. It's so awesome. :D

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I think my SNES still works. o.o With the original Kirby Superstar. First game I ever played, I think.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Super great movie! For Christmas, I got a fully automated robotic Wall-E that interacts with EVERYTHING. He loves the Roomba that we have and my cat. I just turn him on and he just goes. And talks. And acts just like the real movie Wall-E. It's so awesome. :D
I totally want one now. Probably would freak out my cat before he starts wrestling with it.

About 10-11 hours til the tourney, TAG XXII, in Sacramento, CA. I don't think anyone here lives near me, but hey, if you can teleport and want to meet the giant ego that is me, come on down.

I'm gonna get *****. =/

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha, FRANCE? I could imagine losing your snes in your closet or something but another country ahahah

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I don't even know why I main Kirby. I mained Pikachu since I liked Pokemon when I first got Super Smash Brothers..but my friend used Kirby and I started using him too, and never stopped.

I've never even been a huge fan of the Kirby games, except probably Kirby 64. The only one I've beaten besides that is the one I have for gameboy color: Kirby's Dream Land 2.

pretty random...

I still haven't beaten Superstar Ultra on my brother's DS. I've been stuck on some castle for months now. We should be going to Lake Michigan tomorrow so I'll probably play it on the car ride 8D

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
The only Kirby games I've ever played were Kirby Tilt and Tumble, and Air Ride.
I miss playing both D:

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I love Kirby's Dream Land! :D That was one of the first games I ever beat.

@Asdioh - Don't feel bad about still not beating Superstar Ultra. I could never make it out of the town on Zelda for the original Gameboy. And that was... 17 years ago? >.>

I've beaten all the other ones... Just not -that- one.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I don't even know why I main Kirby. I mained Pikachu since I liked Pokemon when I first got Super Smash Brothers..but my friend used Kirby and I started using him too, and never stopped.

I've never even been a huge fan of the Kirby games, except probably Kirby 64. The only one I've beaten besides that is the one I have for gameboy color: Kirby's Dream Land 2.

pretty random...

I still haven't beaten Superstar Ultra on my brother's DS. I've been stuck on some castle for months now. We should be going to Lake Michigan tomorrow so I'll probably play it on the car ride 8D
You suck! No Kirby Adventure, no Kirby Dreamland 3, no Kirby & The Amazing Mirror!? This is all bad for you since those are basically the top Kirby games besides Kirby Super Star, but since you have a taste of Kirby Super Star Ultra, you basically played it. Also if you need to know any tips on a Kirby level on any Kirby game, I'm the instruction guide, I beaten and played every Kirby game at least ten times including spinoffs.

The only Kirby games I've ever played were Kirby Tilt and Tumble, and Air Ride.
I miss playing both D:
Good, but those games don't show the epicness of Kirby like some of the games I just said, but at least Kirby Air Ride shows all the Air Ride Machines so I won't call that a spinoff and some of them was in the anime. I wonder if the Kirby anime will come out with another series? They haven't fully explain everything about Kirby or some of the stories in Kirby of the Stars, I hate when animes do that. -_-;

I love Kirby's Dream Land! :D That was one of the first games I ever beat.

@Asdioh - Don't feel bad about still not beating Superstar Ultra. I could never make it out of the town on Zelda for the original Gameboy. And that was... 17 years ago? >.>

I've beaten all the other ones... Just not -that- one.
Ah Kirby Dreamland was the second Kirby game I played, (Kirby Adventure was first), too bad it didn't score high on ratings, but that Kirby game is still a classic, I love the waiting room theme in that game, and Floats Island is my favroite Kirby song, (I wish it was on Brawl since it was on Kirby Air Ride). Also, Zelda is just hard like that, I mean the main reason I didn't like Zelda was because Link couldn't jump without an item... though a stupid reason to hate Zelda but it's my reason, lol.

Also don't forget:

Top five Kirby games you need to play

Kirby Super Star (Best Kirby game ever, when you copy different enemies powers, you have the most options to do different types of moves than the other Kirby games. Not only that, there's a lot of different modes to go through that it's just impossible to not have fun with)

Kirby Super Star Ultra (Remake of the best Kirby game ever, for the better. Though most of the game modes from Kirby Super Star has been untouched but the cool 3-D move scene and the graphics is improved, this game still have the same charm as Kirby Super Star)

Kirby Adventure
(Highest rated Kirby game out right now, and a lot of good reasons why. This is the first Kirby game that Kirby has his powers, and if you haven't played it, your obviously missing out on a great game, get this game on emulator or the Wii's VC)

Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
(The longest Kirby game to get a 100% on. Also this game is a great... no by bad, the best co-op in the Kirby games that out for those who have the same game)

Kirby Canvas Curse (Lastly, the game that brought up the DS from bad handheld to buy to best handheld to buy when the DS was at PSP's mercy. This game provides a lot of challenge, and the third hardest Kirby game to get 100% as well)

Top five games you might want, but have to think about it

Kirby Air Ride (To me, this game is great, but when you complete the game, this has a low replay value and doesn't have enough multi-player options to make the game last. But at least can last for enjoyment for those who love Kirby)

Kirby Dreamland 3 (This Kirby game provides a lot of challenge if you want 100% and this is the most underrated Kirby game that's out right now plus it has good co-op. But for those who are use to Kirby Dreamland 2 would be glad to play this game because this game you need helpers, for those who don't like helpers... well this game you don't have to use them, but if you want 100% you need to)

Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (To me, this game is very over hyped, mainly because the rating of this game isn't high, but this game is however very popular in the Kirby game charts. This is also a great game to own, getting all the Crystal Shards is a *****, but at least you can merge powers together that the other Kirby games can not do... except for Kirby Squeak Squad)

Kirby Squeak Squad (This game is ultraly underrated, but for a good reason. This game is extremely short with easy puzzles to solve when you trying to get 100% and not only that, the final boss is extremely easy as well. Well this game is fun but this game won't last long in many peoples eyes, it's a good game, but it's also one of the easiest Kirby games out)

Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble (Ah, the best Kirby spinoff game that's out besides Kirby's Sparkling Kids but that's a Japan only game, so I won't count that. This game is so fun when you have a Gameboy Color or a Gameboy Advance, if you only have a Gameboy Advance SP then you can play this game right unless you get a Gameboy Micro. But enough about that, this game is challenging, may be one of the top most challenging Kirby games out, but this game isn't played normally like a Kirby game, meaning no ability power, and not to forget that it's easy to fall off the edge on this game plus the boss battles are almost all the same boss. But above all this, this is a fun Kirby game to have)

That's all I have to say during my experience will all the Kirby game's I own, which is all of them. =3

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
bahaha i only started playing kirby in smash 64 cuz he was the only character i could screw up with twice while recovering and still have a reasonable shot at making it back to the stage :p

also, kirby crystal shards is awesome! OMG ROFLCOPTER EPIC EXPLOSION ROCK OF WIN!

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I remember the story of why I main kirby (I have probably said this several times):

So, I was playing melee a year or 2 back with my friend, who introduced me and another friend to playing it on a regular basis. I'd played melee at this annual party this family my family's friendly with, but a few hours every year wasn't much. When I was playing with my friends, I remembered so much and it was so fun (on hyrule temple with 5 stocks and lots of items, of course). At first I was just screwing around with random chars, I used mario for a time, and then I saw kirby was a playable character. I was like :D :D :D. At that point, I had never played a kirby game (I've played nightmare in dreamland right now), but I had seen them, and they looked awesome. So I was like "sure, why not use him?" (aside from the fact that he was terribad, which I didn't know). It was so fun. Most of the first few weeks I just used stone and had fun. Me and my friend used to tb against my other friend, who was beastly to us. They only let me kirbycide once per game :'( but it was worth it. It was so epic, I loved the game so much. I saw the tier list a little while later, but didn't really care.

Those 2 are still scrubs.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Kirby 64 is the best because of all the awesome power combinations.

I mean, seriously.

(I was searching for a Kirby 64 chart with all the powers, but I found this instead)

LOL

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
>_>

10doubleposts

Did I mention that Smash 64 Kirby would make Meta Knight cry in his pants any day?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
One might say that kirby wears the pants in that relationship.
Hl! YOU WANT ATTENTION I GIV U ATTENTION.

I need something good in this post. Uhm...did anyone know that pivot grabs are amazing? :D

Top Bottom