• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Meh, I hated the end to all 3, and every time it made me drop the controller and give up the game.
In fact, I didn't play the 2nd one because of how much the first one pissed me off.

~Shao~

Smash Ace
Asdioh, play Kirby Air Ride, you don't know what you're missing. Despite some people saying it sucks, I really like it. And collecting all the cards in Crystal Shards is annoying as hell =X

Oh, and Metroid Prime = win

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Crystal Shards was pretty good. I wish he got hats though. >_<

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Crystal Shards was pretty good. I wish he got hats though. >_<
Hats would have made that awesome. I agree.
That game wouuld have had some sweet hats like a fridge (ice+electric) or a volcano (rock+fire) and other stuff from combo abilities.
Didn't TNT (rock+fire?) Kirby get a helmet when he blew up something??

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
What every you do, do not hold down with Final Cutter when you touch the edge, you will go right pass it and die. Man I wish I knew this stuff before I picked up Brawl. XD

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
What every you do, do not hold down with Final Cutter when you touch the edge, you will go right pass it and die. Man I wish I knew this stuff before I picked up Brawl. XD
I found out the hard way, also. :D ...

And you know what also sucks? When you ledgehop>upB and go back to regrab the ledge, but find out you went a little too far back, and fall to your doom.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Yeah... Luckily I found out about the "don't hold down" before I went to tourney. Training friendlies ftw! I also have the issue of my b button not recognizing fast enough and I don't come out of stone before I can save myself. >_< I've killed myself more times then not doing that. Haha.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
That game wouuld have had some sweet hats like a fridge (ice+electric) or a volcano (rock+fire) and other stuff from combo abilities.
Didn't TNT (rock+fire?) Kirby get a helmet when he blew up something??
omg i remember that
Holding C-down was a helmet to protect Kirby from the dynamite blast

and O2 was much easier to fight than O (or were those zeroes?)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Haha true. Also, what you said about Stone, I agree! I've failed my stone edgeguard because the person I hit lengthened it and I died before.

Also, ealier today, for the lulz I was using stone on the Pictochat Spring over and over... Wasn't paying attention when it disappeared lol.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
lol, I didn't even know that. I guess it would be common sense though...

And you know what also sucks? When you ledgehop>upB and go back to regrab the ledge, but find out you went a little too far back, and fall to your doom.
It's worse when you try to regrab the ledge and you accidently land on stage, and your opponent shield and punishes you with a KO move.

freaking wifi...

Yeah, holding down when you want to grab the ledge is a no no with any character or attack lol.
Yeah, I learned that with Fox. You can aim Firefox down, just make sure to set the control stick to neutral before you reach the ledge or you'll go right past it o_O

I like playing against Falcos. The problem is I always spend most of my time trying to laserlock them, and I get punished quite a bit for it XD

edit:
Metriod Prime Trilogy is coming out this fall.... It will have all three Metriod Prime games for $50... Maybe you already have the other two though.
Yeah, I do. I have all 3 now :O

Aren't they remaking 1 and 2 for the Wii? Or am I just making that up?

easy mac

Smash Apprentice
are there any kirby mains from az in here? i am about to pick up kirby and i want to find someone who is good in az i can practice with.

Triple R

Smash Lord
edit:
Yeah, I do. I have all 3 now :O

Aren't they remaking 1 and 2 for the Wii? Or am I just making that up?
They remade them for wii and already released them in Japan separately I'm pretty sure. In the US they are just bundling them together as Metriod Prime Triology I'm pretty sure. So the first two will have wii controls too and I've read that they added like achievements or something like the 3rd one has to the other two. I haven't played the 3rd one yet....

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
WTF has the Kirby boards done all day?!? We need more social on this board. Also I've just got back from a tourney near me. I'll say more later, I'm hungry and tired.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I've been lazy, forgot the Kirby boards existed, don't know too much about Zelda.

I hope you still love me. :(

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
There just... hasn't been much to talk about today. It IS a regular tourney day anyways (which is why you were gone for most of the day, right Viper?). Saturdays never see much action on the boards.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
What? Since when do any of us Kirby players go to tournaments?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
NO STRAKED! GET OUT!

J/K, I still love you!

Also Viper, I want to know how it went ****it!

Finally, grrrr... whyarejobssounavailableinOhioitsuckslikepunctuationwhichIhavedecidedtoforegoforsomestrangeandunknownreasonbutitdoesntreallymatterbecauseIamplayingFireEmblemanywayandFireEmblemisprettyneat.

EDIT:

Straked, we go when we can afford to go... Kind of like the Mario boards...

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I went to a tourney today, but I didn't compete, so I don't have any recorded matches... Sucks, because I expected to have some in order to help out with the video thread(s)... I DO have Samus videos, though. o_o

I didn't participate because i felt out of practice... I was pressing all the buttons too fast and the game wasn't reading what I was doing (for example, shield>jump>bair... I shield and jump, but I hit bair too fast, so the game doesn't read my pressing of the A button and just does an empty fullhop instead).

Which gets me wondering.. Can aerials be buffered? Or s it just ground attacks? o_o

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
NO STRAKED! GET OUT!

J/K, I still love you!

Also Viper, I want to know how it went ****it!

Finally, grrrr... whyarejobssounavailableinOhioitsuckslikepunctuationwhichIhavedecidedtoforegoforsomestrangeandunknownreasonbutitdoesntreallymatterbecauseIamplayingFireEmblemanywayandFireEmblemisprettyneat.

EDIT:

Straked, we go when we can afford to go... Kind of like the Mario boards...
You scared me there. :( Eh, not really. But I did get a good laugh out of it.

Yeah, I understand that. I haven't been to a tourney in about 4 or 5 months... :urg:

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
Can aerials be buffered? Or s it just ground attacks? o_o
I wouldn't think so, considering we can cancel the jump with things like tosses. I'm sure you can buffer the jump, though.

@Fromundaman: Yes, Fire Emblem is awesome.

@Straked: Nothing to worry about. The chances of the Kirby boards kicking somebody out are about as good as... well... I dunno. I've never seen it happen before. XD

@Viper: Isn't that the way it goes, though? I know I can come back to a game after not playing it for years and be far better at it than I ever had been. I hope the tourney went well for you.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I've been to one (My first one! :beams: ). And I didn't rep very well. :( I got stuck playing two lucarios and an Ike. I went Marth mostly.

And, I don't know much about Zelda either.

Edit: I did have a friend of mine draw me the most adorable thing today to help me feel better. It was a combination of the best thing ever and one of the cutest (Star Trek and Kirby). It was a Spock Kirby. It would be the coolest texture ever if I had a Spock Kirby. :D He had little pointy ears and everything. I'll post a picture later.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Since we care for his tier placement. =3

We do? :lick:

Also Bug, don't wprry about it too much. I flat out sucked at my first 2-3 tournies, and am only now finally getting to a point where I am placing somewhat decently (though that has more to do with tournament stress than actual skill IMO.)

Also Kewkky, you can definitely buffer aerials, but you know, you can't buffer things too far in advance. The game can't read your thoughts and know what you meant when you hit a bunch of buttons at once.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Yeah, Kirby against Lee's Lucario... Not such a good idea. Kirby against any lucario isn't smart, but against Lee's it's just stupid.

Beyond that, I was kinda impressed with myself... I suicided 4 times in two matches... And in the second set I still almost managed to win it. Got him up to 111% last stock (he had three to my one thanks to my suicides) before he finally knocked me off. Lack of tournament experience johns. Haha.

I apparently have a love of killing myself. I don't know why. O.o

I blame Dallas. I didn't used to have that problem until I started playing with them. :p

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I main Pika and second Kirby so I dont count.

WTF has the Kirby boards done all day?!? We need more social on this board. Also I've just got back from a tourney near me. I'll say more later, I'm hungry and tired.
I took three knee caps to the back, a full headbutt to the mouth and like like 10 elbows to the face in a mosh pit last night. Concert was awesome though!!!
BTW I'm still man hawt.

Oh and I am hosting a tournament today.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I have to say, I never really understood the appeal of paying to get a mob to kick your *** while a band plays overhead. Of course, you're too busy getting the **** kicked out of you to notice the band, but that doesn't really matter, right?
Sure, I guess it's kind of like being in a bad movie, but meh...

RoflWafflez

Smash Apprentice
Lol mosh pits hurt. The good thing is that nobody (for the most part) takes it personally/seriously, so they wont like freak out if u punch them in the face, its all fun n gamez. But once in a while u come across a huge biker dude that holds a grudge on u if u touch his shoulder and he follows u all night...=/

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Lol mosh pits hurt. The good thing is that nobody (for the most part) takes it personally/seriously, so they wont like freak out if u punch them in the face, its all fun n gamez. But once in a while u come across a huge biker dude that holds a grudge on u if u touch his shoulder and he follows u all night...=/
...... o_o ......

... Personal experience? o_O

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
The game can't read your thoughts and know what you meant when you hit a bunch of buttons at once.
Ah, that would be awesome. The johns would be endless.

"Hey, me jamming all those buttons was supposed to JC a dash and then cancel that with a jab, buffer an inhale, then copy and buffer a fullhop uair. Instead, I turned around, taunted and got hit by your fsmash."

Button mashers who play against CPU's could place high in tournies O_o

Top Bottom