• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I tried carrots with ranch. The aftertaste was still just as bad.

Brocolli's totally edible, I eat it raw. It doesn't look or taste like any vegetables I know of though.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I don't like veggies man, a salad is raw veggies. Lettuce, onions, tomatoes, and whatever else it has... Ugh. :scared:

I hate going into Subway and telling the guy that I'm sure I don't want any vegetables added to my sandwich.

The sentence could've also ended at Subway.

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
I looooove broccoli. Favorite vegetable by a landslide.

Although i am italian and my mom makes broccoli taste like a cloud directly from Palutenas palace, so i might be biased.
Come to think of it, her cooking is one of the very (and i mean very) few things that entice me to visit home during semester breaks

:phone:

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I love carrots. But I'm allergic to them. But I love them so much they're totally worth the allergic reaction. :D

If all else fails, I drink V8. And live in San Francisco with no car. Walking ftw!

(I stay thin cause my significant other lives 1.5 miles away on the other side of the tallest hill in San Fran. I regularly walk up and down a 33 degree incline hill. Does wonders for my legs and butt. Hahaha)

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
I hate Veggies........ period.

Except corn..........and lettuce........and cabbage... i guess peppers are okay to...

........ oh and pizza :troll:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
(I stay thin cause my significant other lives 1.5 miles away on the other side of the tallest hill in San Fran. I regularly walk up and down a 33 degree incline hill. Does wonders for my legs and butt. Hahaha)
pics or it didn't happen :p

I dunno how anybody could dislike carrots!

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
But seriously, whats the best technique for losing weight?? Besides the usual 30 min runs?? Eat less carbs per day? drink water?? eat apples??

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
There are a ton of ways which work differently for everyone. Praxis is having incredible results with Ketosis which isn't exactly the definition of healthy (by society's standards).

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
**** health, man. Better to live happy and slightly shorter life, than unhappy and slightly longer life.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
Thats probably what ive been doing wrong the whole time. eating because of cravings rather than actual hunger

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
So where can I find concrete directions on what can be eaten or what can't be eaten on that Ketosis diet?

I gotta see this.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I've spent a large amount of time studying health, so please forgive me for getting excited and writing so much. XD

I would take anyone giving health advice using absolutes ('all', 'every', 'always') with a grain of salt. The reason being that different people have different body types and won't necessarily see the same results using the same formula. Also, there are 'good' and 'bad' sides to everything.* <---- very important to remember

* I know 'good' and 'bad' are subjective, but for this purpose it's referring to 'healthy' and 'harmful'.

Example:
Carbohydrates (sugars) can be good for you. They can be used for long-term energy supplies, short-term energy supplies, replenish glycogen levels, and are used to produce glucose to feed your brain.

But why then do you hear talk about carbohydrates/sugars being bad for you? It's because on the other side of the coin there are 'bad' uses that can harm the body. Highly processed grains, white sugar, refined carbohydrates, etc. These kinds of carbohydrates are basically poisons that hold so little nutritional value that I can barely consider them 'food' and avoiding them like you would any other poison would be perfectly acceptable.

You can apply this to pretty much anything. Fats are good for your body because they're used for vital body functions... but you want 'good' fats that are from fresh food sources and aren't treated with chemicals. (Slightly off-topic, but a large majority of oil is treated with chemicals and is then boiled destroying a lot of the health benefits of the oil).

Proteins are also an essential part of a diet, but so many people choose to eat 'denatured' proteins or take their protein from unhealthy sources of food. Over their life-time the unhealthy substances build up n the body and cause health problems which result in a poor quality of life and degenerative diseases that often results in a slow and/or painful death.

tl;dr
Eat what you enjoy!
I advise making your choices from foods that aren't tampered with unnatural substances as much as possible.

Here are some interesting webpages I found on the subject:
What are Carbohydrates?
Weight Loss Resistance Due to Hormones and Toxicity

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
basically when that fat girl I work with says "the dentist told me to stop drinking so much sugar :c it's hard to cut down from drinking 5 sodas a day!" I think "there are other health benefits for stopping besides helping your teeth"

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
From what ive heard so far, heres a list of food/drinks to eat and avoid:

-Water(LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER)
-Raw Fruit
-Raw Veggies
-certain kinds of fat and grease(bacon, steak from what praxis said)
-Green tea( I heard it helps)
-Extra virgin olive oil.
-Canola oil??

And list of what to avoid:
-White sugar
-sweets(Definitely try your hardest to avoid this)
-Soft drinks(Especially Pepsi and coca-cola products, I've heard bad **** about that)
-Juice(Not sure if orange/apple juice falls into this category)
-EVERY FAST FOOD RESTAURANT EVER!

Does chinese food count as bad for you?? :O

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
This is a calorie calculator. This is really helpful

And also go out for walks. spring time is around the corner, so its really nice outside!

Feel free to add on to this list if you like.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
-EVERY FAST FOOD RESTAURANT EVER!
I'm not sure if these are actually bad. I don't remember if it was this thread or the Decisive Games Social, but the bad thing about places like McDonalds if you're doing that keto thing are if you eat a bunch of fries (lots of carbs.) The burgers are fatty but that's kind of what you're going for. I think. \(o_o)/

My body works weird, I swear. I want to try the keto diet and see if I could lose a couple pounds of fat, but considering how I don't gain/lose weight even when eating fairly unhealthy and stuff I don't know how it would affect me :c like Timmy said, bodies work differently.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Um, hi there.

I'm just a random user on the boards. Nice to meet all of you ^_^
I recently picked up Kirby and am loving him. So, i thought to myself that it would be a good idea to get active in the Kirby boards. So i'm going to try to frequent these boards. I probably won't be here that much because of this last semester of high school i got left. But enough of that, i might as well bore you all with how i got to be a Kirby main.

I've used Meta Knight ever since i started playing competitive brawl. However, after he was banned i had to look for another main. I kept testing different characters. Eventually i came to Kirby. Something just 'clicked' whenever i use him. It feels natural when i use him, i seem to be pretty good with him, and for once, now i really don't feel mad or like i failed so much whenever i lose with Kirby. Regardless of whether i win or lose with Kirby, i had fun playing as Kirby.

So that's mah story. I'll be sticking with Kirby. So yeah, God bless ^_^

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
From what ive heard so far, heres a list of food/drinks to eat and avoid:
Remember that a list of things can be helpful, but you really-really have to know the quality of the food itself. You had canola oil and olive oil listed as 'good' and by all accounts they can be great to include in your diet. The sad fact is that most canola oil is probably from genetically engineered seeds and the olive oil has been treated with a host of toxic chemicals. It's really sad to research this stuff and find out how much of our delicious food is being *******ized by Big Corporations simply so they can make money off of us. T_T

If you're looking for a good fat, try coconut butter! It's SO DELICIOUS and it has AMAZING health properties. It's a fat that helps with balancing out your cholesterol, losing excess fat, improves thyroid function, kills bacteria, and more. Try to find raw coconut butter and try it out before it becomes too mainstream and gets the genetically engineered treatment and injected with a ton of chemicals. XD

Kirby would be most displeased about all this healthy talk.
Why? Kirby is all about his health. He eats tons of healthy food (virtual reality food has zero calories and all the nutrition a growing Kirby could ever need). XD

Seriously though, I'd love to have a fresh Maxim Tomato right off the vine. :love:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
It's really sad to research this stuff and find out how much of our delicious food is being *******ized by Big Corporations simply so they can make money off of us. T_T
Aside from overeating and eating unhealthy stuff, isn't this a huge part of the reason America is so fat? Everything is overprocessed and unhealthy, and from what I understand, people in other countries such as European ones buy a lot of their food fresh.

Top Bottom