• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

~Shao~

Smash Ace
I've always been a regular poster here in the Kirby boards, mostly the KGD, because I'm lazy to write stuff about match-ups, etc. However, I did post frequently on the old MU threads.

I just don't spam post as often as most top posters. Specially because my schedule was pretty tight. But now I'm on vacation... :DDD

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
J! No! My life is tragically affected my by this tragic turn of events. Tragic.

...Okay, it's not tragic, but he was a true Kirby guy as someone said on the last page (I'm too lazy to check).

NKN, sorry I never got around to brawling Friday, but I arranged lots of stuff with friends. I can definitely find a place to brawl next week, because I have nothing at all happening, since I was supposed to be in Santa Fe until Wednesday.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Very nice, BBQTV! How much did you win? How many people were there? *is proud*

BBQTV

Smash Master
Very nice, BBQTV! How much did you win? How many people were there? *is proud*
i got 40 bucks. i think there were 39 people. all my matchs were close as hell. super close as hell. i used kirby and mk. i was the only mk, their was one other kirby and he put up a good fight. the characters used the most in the tournament , luigi,falco,pit,captain falcon,link,marth and snake.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
So I might have more time to Wifi with people now, since I won't have GF johns anymore... :(

Not a very good day...

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Even though I dropped Kirby...

I still got you covered Kirby boards.

This'll be ready in a day or two. Just after I pretty everything up and make it actually look like the stage. You guys just get a sneak preview before it's finished. ;)

oh and btw, this will go over BF flawlessly. Wifi and replays won't desync. Just because I care.

BBQTV

Smash Master

This'll be ready in a day or two. Just after I pretty everything up and make it actually look like the stage. You guys just get a sneak preview before it's finished. ;)

oh and btw, this will go over BF flawlessly. Wifi and replays won't desync. Just because I care.
i cant wait to play in that stage

Won't the stage desync if you hit the bump under Battlefield, that seemingly isn't there in that picture?

A1lion835

Smash Champion
i got second at a tournament using kirby!
Quick, we have a legitimate reason to bump the tourney results thread!

Seriously though, good job :) . Rep that marshmallow!

So I might have more time to Wifi with people now, since I won't have GF johns anymore... :(

Not a very good day...
That sucks :( . I hope you feel better soon.

That looks amazing. I don't really know anything about hacks and can't use them (no SD card), but what about what Twinkie said? What if you hit the bump under BF?

Edit: I have my bffaeaeaef coming over for brawl (teams vs CPUs on random stages and SSE...I'm surprised that I'm uncompetitive enough not to care O_o), then we're going to see the A-Team (because of how bad it sounds). That takes up my schedule until about 10...goodbye Kirby boards, I'll talk about my day then! :)

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Won't the stage desync if you hit the bump under Battlefield, that seemingly isn't there in that picture?
I fit the stage models to match BF's collision data (aka what makes your character not fall through the model.......aka floors/walls/ceilings)

If you go under BF, you'll run into an invisible wall where BF's diamond was. I'm planning on just putting a Gordo under there just to show players where the walls are.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
i got 40 bucks. i think there were 39 people. all my matchs were close as hell. super close as hell. i used kirby and mk. i was the only mk, their was one other kirby and he put up a good fight. the characters used the most in the tournament , luigi,falco,pit,captain falcon,link,marth and snake.
Luigi, CF, Link and the others? Um....thread link or it didn't happen but uh...>_> Who plays ****ty characters @ a tournament?

Not a very good day...
Daaaaannnnngggg. Alright Fromunda, I'll come up there and we'll get crazy drunk playing some beer pong and pick up some chicks. <3

Amazing!!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=279002

tournament I went to.

I used Fox and Kirby pretty evenly... 3 games with each in brackets. In pools I used Fox against everyone except an Olimar, and I still lost. Olimar is the scariest thing. After all this time I still don't know what to do against him. I was camping pretty hard with Kirby at first, and that worked pretty well, but I managed to lose my stock lead and lose both games.
Oh, and I lost to Thinkaman's Jigglypuff while using Kirby, and then beat him in Falcon dittos at his suggestion XD
Jigglypuff is amazingly campy.. I should have just baired more but I kept doing dumb stuff.

So with Fox: beat a MK in pools 2-0, lost to Kel's MK 0-2 though I got him last stock fairly high % both games, and suicided at the end of second game like an idiot, lost to a Falco 1-2 though I really should have had it 2-0 if I just played more carefully. Then lost to Olimar 0-2 with Kirby and beat the Jiggly/Falcon 2-1.

Then brackets: my friend got matched against Ally first game, I got matched against Judge. He used MK. He's one of the best MKs in the country as far as I know. I got 3-stocked with Fox on BF, then JV 3-stocked with Kirby on ps1.

Then I went up against the Falco player I lost to in pools... 2-stocked him with Fox, then banned Delfino since he picked it in pools after I banned Japes... he went Japes like I hoped he would, I went Kirby, and 2-stocked him. lol, Kirbycide autokill.

Then I went against Renegade the Ike/Snake player... got 3-stocked as Fox again on SV, then 2-stocked as Kirby on SV. It was pretty fun though, because unlike against MK, I feel like I could have done better if I simply stopped making stupid mistakes and played more carefully. I just "jumped into the ****" as they put it, whereas while playing against MK, the **** is everywhere you go.

I still don't see how MK vs Kirby is anywhere remotely close to even. There is simply nothing safe you can do. If I space bairs, with say, short hop, outside his shield range, he has enough time to come in and punish the bair, with like Upair. If I bair his shield, he can invincible shuttle loop it, and stuff like that. On the ground, his tilts should beat mine, he can counter any approach with invincible shuttle loop, and those tilts and shuttle loop beat Fsmash too (as does shielding)
Dair approaches (which are bad) are beaten by Shuttle loop out of shield, uptilt, or walking away and grabbing.
Inhale approaches- ..
Kirby has no, zero, approach options against Metaknight.
In the air, Bair does fairly well, but he still has the advantage above and below, especially since Tornado beats all of our aerials from the side against hammer, which is slow and risky and will miss against a good Metaknight essentially all the time.

Ummm... that's about all I can think of. Kirby simply should not beat a good Metaknight. I realize Judge is better than me, but despite that it should not have been the **** it was.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=279002

tournament I went to.

I used Fox and Kirby pretty evenly... 3 games with each in brackets. In pools I used Fox against everyone except an Olimar, and I still lost. Olimar is the scariest thing. After all this time I still don't know what to do against him. I was camping pretty hard with Kirby at first, and that worked pretty well, but I managed to lose my stock lead and lose both games.
Oh, and I lost to Thinkaman's Jigglypuff while using Kirby, and then beat him in Falcon dittos at his suggestion XD
Jigglypuff is amazingly campy.. I should have just baired more but I kept doing dumb stuff.

So with Fox: beat a MK in pools 2-0, lost to Kel's MK 0-2 though I got him last stock fairly high % both games, and suicided at the end of second game like an idiot, lost to a Falco 1-2 though I really should have had it 2-0 if I just played more carefully. Then lost to Olimar 0-2 with Kirby and beat the Jiggly/Falcon 2-1.

Then brackets: my friend got matched against Ally first game, I got matched against Judge. He used MK. He's one of the best MKs in the country as far as I know. I got 3-stocked with Fox on BF, then JV 3-stocked with Kirby on ps1.

Then I went up against the Falco player I lost to in pools... 2-stocked him with Fox, then banned Delfino since he picked it in pools after I banned Japes... he went Japes like I hoped he would, I went Kirby, and 2-stocked him. lol, Kirbycide autokill.

Then I went against Renegade the Ike/Snake player... got 3-stocked as Fox again on SV, then 2-stocked as Kirby on SV. It was pretty fun though, because unlike against MK, I feel like I could have done better if I simply stopped making stupid mistakes and played more carefully. I just "jumped into the ****" as they put it, whereas while playing against MK, the **** is everywhere you go.

I still don't see how MK vs Kirby is anywhere remotely close to even. There is simply nothing safe you can do. If I space bairs, with say, short hop, outside his shield range, he has enough time to come in and punish the bair, with like Upair. If I bair his shield, he can invincible shuttle loop it, and stuff like that. On the ground, his tilts should beat mine, he can counter any approach with invincible shuttle loop, and those tilts and shuttle loop beat Fsmash too (as does shielding)
Dair approaches (which are bad) are beaten by Shuttle loop out of shield, uptilt, or walking away and grabbing.
Inhale approaches- ..
Kirby has no, zero, approach options against Metaknight.
In the air, Bair does fairly well, but he still has the advantage above and below, especially since Tornado beats all of our aerials from the side against hammer, which is slow and risky and will miss against a good Metaknight essentially all the time.

Ummm... that's about all I can think of. Kirby simply should not beat a good Metaknight. I realize Judge is better than me, but despite that it should not have been the **** it was.
THINKAMAN!!!! He's so interesting to watch when he plays Jiggs.

I'ma go ahead and let you know (though this would've been better to know before this tournament) is that Olimar vs Kirby is our disadvantage. It's like fighting and IC or GW. It's that hard! This is one of those matches that you need a CP character because if it's a good Olimar, you won't win.

MK vs. Kirby isn't even, it's disadvantage. If you read the MK export thread you'll see my post: If it's a good MK, Kirby will not win. People that haven't played Dojo and M2k (I have) or Judge (like you), simply don't realize how lopsided that matchup is.

YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO APPROACH MK!! Even if you're down percent lead or stock lead. Let him come to you and react. Stay towards the center of the stage and BAir and FTilt. Mindgame a DA and shield or run away afterwards. It's all about keeping it @ your pace man.

Good job though man.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'ma go ahead and let you know (though this would've been better to know before this tournament) is that Olimar vs Kirby is our disadvantage.
I've known this for over a year, lol. It's just that none of the characters I play do any well against Olimar. I played a bunch of friendlies with L_cancel (the olimar) testing out different characters... I did best with Samus o_O
Got destroyed with toon Link
Got destroyed with MK (who I don't play)
etc.

If only I wasn't unbelievably horrible with Peach...

MK vs. Kirby isn't even, it's disadvantage. If you read the MK export thread you'll see my post: If it's a good MK, Kirby will not win. People that haven't played Dojo and M2k (I have) or Judge (like you), simply don't realize how lopsided that matchup is.

YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO APPROACH MK!! Even if you're down percent lead or stock lead. Let him come to you and react. Stay towards the center of the stage and BAir and FTilt. Mindgame a DA and shield or run away afterwards. It's all about keeping it @ your pace man.

Good job though man.
I know it's a disadvantage, but last I paid attention (which was a while ago) people were arguing for as close as 60-40 55-45 and stuff. It's 65-35 at least, imo. And I know you're not supposed to approach MK, but it's not like I can FORCE him to approach me, and even if I do, I'm still at a major disadvantage.

Anyway, I'm gonna go look at some top MK videos, if I can't get actual practice against top MKs. I might even continue to use Fox against MK, because even though MK tears him up in some aspects, he has a couple advantages Kirby doesn't have: lasers, quick damage-racking moves, and a hard to predict (compared to Kirby's Fsmash) kill move that will kill MK at 80-90 some percent.

edit for TKD vs tyrant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWnSweQB1SI
more matchups in related videos if you're interested

BBQTV

Smash Master
the tournament i went to was not posted on smashboards. and you made a very tier ***** comment

BBQTV

Smash Master
i have a video of me kirbycideing 3 times and i was thinking of you and this is how you repay me? i need to get on a real computer to put them up. and i don't have pics or links or what have you believe me or don't believe me, i still have my 40 bucks

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
the tournament i went to was not posted on smashboards. and you made a very tier ***** comment
the characters used the most in the tournament , luigi,falco,pit,captain falcon,link,marth and snake.
that's because half of those characters are practically free wins >_>

if I actually met a Luigi, Pit, Captain Falcon, or Link in brackets, I would be sooo happy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpZaRjR8ikI&feature=related Chudat vs TKD, have you guys seen this? Kind of shows how people underestimate how hard Fox is for Kirby

Chudat was soooo predictable in that game though. :/

Forward Roll, Forward Roll, and then when Fox tries to jump on Kirby, he Utilts. TKD is too good though.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I have seen a lot of kirby players go for the Fsmash when they get the dtilt trip. the problem with that is that as soon as your opponents learn this, they will start to DI your Fsmash making it a less reliable kill move. What you guys can do is instead of going for the Fsmash all the time is you can mix it up with a buffered running Usmash. You can do this by buffering a dash out of the dtilt. then you jump and you cancel your jump by immediately hitting up on the c-stick or up a. this can even confuse your opponents and cause them to DI wrong.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
I had lots of fun yesterday. Played brawl for a while with my n00by friend, but it wasn't that bad. Then we saw the A-Team...which was terrible. My friends seem to think that it's good, but maybe I'm just a "I want a plot" kind of guy, and they like lots of explosions.

There was a huge storm last night, and I lost power for a while around 3, I eventually got up at 11:11 (woken by my watch's alarm xD).

I Just played this guy (falcn) on the AiB free chat. He's a little better than me, but I won most of the games because I always got the stages I selected (JJ, Brinstar, PS1, etc.) and there were a lot of easy matchups (falcon, weegee, etc.). I'd also begun to get a good read on his Ness, even though he'd been destroying me the first few games, and started beating him consistently. JJ turned out to harm me in the last few games I chose it...we both agreed that it kept lagging while I was crossing the water between the middle and left platform, which led to tons of deaths >.> . We had 4 Kirby dittos, I won 3 of them and he won 1, which doesn't really surprise me. His Kirby wasn't great, but Kirby dittos are easy to gain an advantage in.

I had one game where I Kirbycided his falcon (I survived), then kirbycided again (both died), then inhale edguarded him and 2-stocked him lol . He didn't complain at all about it, which I appreciate. JoWii, I demand another 17 seconds of your pride! xD

I still have a bunch of bad habits (smashing too much, not using tilts enough), but my Kirby's looking much better than he was when I started brawling again.

I agree (a while back) that Fox is seriously underestimated. Gimping is a big part of our "advantage" in that matchup, and when I play a good fox, I rarely get a gimp.

I really look forward to seeing that stage completed, Katakiri! :)

Edit: Also, during one of my games on Brinstar, I used FC and landed just to the left of the bridge. For a second or two after I hit the ground, I stayed in my falling animation before I shot the FC beam. Fromundaman, I remember you mentioning something like that happening a while ago when you were playing a Snake on Brinstar, right?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hey, if anyone wants to Wifail, I'll be up for a while. However, as is tradition, I rarely play Wifail sober, as it pisses me off that way.

Just a warning.

BBQTV

Smash Master
Hello, little people!
recently a their've been giving mods to a lot of people,are you moding for kirby boards or another? we already have kewkky. im sorry to say but all the people who got mod status it seemed fitting but with you it seems random. anyway can you help me with my problem? please

I'm modding for the Toon Link boards, and if you're talking about your Wii-hacking issues, I already left you help.

BBQTV

Smash Master
I'm modding for the Toon Link boards, and if you're talking about your Wii-hacking issues, I already left you help.
well i guess it seems kinda fitting, i dont visit there so i dont know what it's like. so that one post that you made is all i need to know?

Top Bottom