• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
^ I'm not even sure what that means Vinyl..

He's playing Diddy, and trying to make the switch to him as a main. Diddy is the bane of my existence.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
yeah ggs JoWii

Tbh, those matches were a real eye opener for me. I realized that i have to improve much more in this game. I was getting reckless during those matches and making careless mistakes.

Also, that i should just stick to just one character, no matter who it is, and improve on just that character before i consider a secondary. So im gonna commit to getting better with kirby.

:kirby:

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Shado,

You gotta learn to walk before you run. Learning one character inside and out will give you a base to grow from. Everyone who wants to get good masters a character. Kirby is a good choice in that, he's basic, he's simple, he has a good recovery, and an option in most situations. Having him as a foundation is a good starting point. Once you have a good understanding of Kirby, you'll also know you own weaknesses with Kirby - whether those be an over-reliance on his B moves, trouble with certain MUs, or stagnation in your play style. At that point, is when you look for a secondary to cover those weaknesses. Having a character who uses lots of tilts/smashes and aerials can help you get over a B move reliance. Playing the characters who you have a hard time using Kirby again can help you understand how to beat them by understanding their weaknesses. Playing a very technical, or intrinsically different character can infuse new energy into a playstyle. These are reasons pick up secondaries, and play more than one character. But as I said early, you gotta learn to walk before you can run.

Best of luck.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
i was doing the rock glitch on PS1 and got tipper fsmashed by marth twice and it killed me.

so don't do that.

also he said it was completely by accident and he didn't even know the glitch. >=(

MoGi*

Smash Cadet
Lets make a ****ing nice Kirby Community Combo Video!

edit: Someone want to play WiFi with me?
Send a message to me.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hey, that happened while I was in bootcamp! Fromundaman gave you an infraction and everything! Dang, I can't congratulate him on a job well done... :(

Where did he go? D:

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Dunno. Out being Fromundaman.

And those infractions were BS. I shouldn't have received a infract for pointing out stupidity. :awesome:

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Fromundaman was the guy with Viewtiful Joe avatars, right? Yeah, he had a title "Discussion Leader" or something, but I never did figure out what that actually meant.

Also, I just cleaned 3 drawers from my mini file cabinet and organized all the 360, Wii, DS, and PS2 games I own, including all hardware (controllers, cords, etc.) today. It's so comforting to just slide open a drawer and see all that vidya so perfectly aligned.

Now I have an empty basket where I used to just throw everything. Wonder what I'll do with it.

And on a related note, I found my DS case while doing all this, and in it, my Advance Wars: DoR, Spirt Tracks, and HeartGold games.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
It's hard out here for a pimp..

People on wi-fi see my CF and they choose a low tier. I just wanna play people's mains and mid- or hi-tiers. It's that so much to ask?

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
I can play you with my Kirby or Pikachu, if that would help restore self-confidence. If it lags too much, though, I'm out. After having played offline for so long, watching myself lose to a mediocre Mario player because of latency is frustrating.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
That's why I also avoid WiFi as much as possible. I agree that it is really frustrating losing to someone who uses a tactic I could easily defeat when offline, but because of the lag, I fail at airdodging at the last second/powershielding/start buffering unwanted things all the time.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Input lag really kills me and to me at least there are certain characters that really just cannot function well in lag at all. Pikachu and Peach in particular are much tougher to use than need be. Then sometimes the game registers that I double jump when I really don't thanks to input delays. Ironically I lag bad with people on this game but any other game or console there is almost or even no lag at all..... =\

:phone:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
brawl has pretty much the worst wifi in existence, this is common knowledge.

mario kart wii and tatsunoko are much more bearable. mario kart is perfectly fine, actually.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
And that is why I get annoyed when an random Ike hits me with FSmash when I know offline I would have dodge shielded it. Though out of Brawl existence I have tripped in 4 of them.

:phone:

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
<_< You guys all sound like you don't have good connections. I play people regularly on WiFi, lots of times without lag. That's because I unplug my computer from my router and it's the only thing sharing bandwidth with my wii. People stay online in the wifi chat and expect that it's not going to strain the connection and that's plain stupid. Also people share the router with other connections and act like that doesn't make a difference.

If you wanna play wifi, be the only one on the network and host. Either there'll be no lag, or it's the other person who is ****ing your connection up - find someone else.

Top Bottom