• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I just go wild, lol.

As for the Skype committee, it'll stay there everyday.
Monthly won't cut it. A regualry Kirby chat makes things nicer.

Like a club, for Kirby lovers only.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Why not secondary 'Random'? XD

In all seriousness though, I think you can literally secondary anyone you want if you main Kirby. Kirby is awesome enough that he can even take on his hardest match-ups without fearing an 'auto-loss', so a secondary is mostly specific to the player.

If you're the type of player who likes to switch up tactics and playstyles, pick a character that's intrinsically different to Kirby or has different options than Kirby. If you like to stick to similar playstyles, perhaps pick a character you feel is closely related to how Kirby works.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Well, i recently played a snake as kirby on the AiB wifi ladder. It was........... horrible........ like i couldnt approach or anything. i guess i was fighting the match-up wrong.

I find Lucarios, Snakes, and Peaches the most troublesome to fight. I suppose i should just play the match-ups more often to figure it all out.

Edit: 100TH POST!!!
Snake's winnable, but definitely not easy, especially on wifi. Snakes can just DACUS/dash attack on wifi all day (until it becomes predictable) and get free damage. Luckily, Kirby can beat that with jab :D

Those 3 characters you mentioned are kind of tough for Kirby, but it's mostly just learning the matchup. If you try to go directly up against Lucario, he'll outprioritize you a lot of the time and it's annoying. He'll also make comebacks with his dumb aura. Peach.. you can't stay on the ground much against Peach. Her aerials have insane priority, and you'll get Daired->comboed constantly. You have to play really campy against Peach, generally, and space with back airs.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
IC's

20ICs

Gosh I've met many Kirbies secondarying them. I know I used to. Just to cover my Oly and IC match-up until I decided to just learn the match ups with Kirby--bruises and all.

:phone:

HyperKeeby

Smash Rookie
I think the best secondary is probably Marth since he covers all the bad matchups.

I'm trying to pick him up, as well. It's either him or Falco for me. :D

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
^^^^Icwutudidthere :awesome:

But I was practicing with diddy a little bit before i went to work today. And MAN, he is awesome to use. Dat glide-tossing :cool:

Ill just do some experimenting with my secondary candidates a little bit more.

Anragon

Smash Apprentice
If you like item characters, pick Link :awesome:

Oh wait, you want a good MUs counter. Hum... ROB or Pit ?

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
Same here, as a Kirby main I'm finding Marth to be the best choice for a secondary. I'm starting to dabble in some Diddy action though, it's damn fun.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
I could go on AiB and ladder to see how everything works. but then again my score is only 50 and ive only played 4 matches :c

Edit: getting bodied on the ladder. I need some training.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Shado, I hang out on WiFi, and can help you with stuff if that's what you want. I'm just messing around with Olimar right now.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
After seeing some videos today I kinda wish the roster did have the character sprites like they do at the intro before the title of the game appears. Too bad you it has to be hacked. Heck, they aren't any images of those sprite anywhere actually.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I should put a picture too.

But right now, it's a good day. Megacon is tomorrow and two more tourneys that I'm going to enter to is coming in two weeks or later.

Hyped.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Sucks I can't enter tournaments whenever I want. I guess it is a regret I've had no seeking any out before joining the military. I got transfer leave to find something and then my next command.

Kmatt

Smash Journeyman
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
If you haven't already, run a trial for Netflix, they have seasons 1-5. I have a digital HD copy of season 6 I can send to you if need be.

For the record, the first season is probably the worst. It gets progressively better as it goes on, so if you can tolerate 2 seasons of Rose and her abundance dues ex machina, you'll be fine. Not to say all the season 1 and 2 episodes were not so great, but after I watched the newer ones, the early episodes are very pale in comparison.

Maybe it's just her mouth I don't like. Once you read this, you can never look at Rose Tyler's face normally again.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Wow, I remember Dr. who from way back. Fairly recently, my brother and I started watching the new series and quite liked it, just as I had liked the old ones. I'm surprised you guys have only heard of it now. yeah it's great. ^^

Top Bottom