• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I usually sleep with a blanket and a fan in summer. xD

So, yesterday I fell asleep on my floor around 7:30 and woke up at 6:20. I realized I was on the floor ("God dammit!"), saw the time ("God dammit!") and saw that my bed (I change the sheets every sunday) wasn't made ("God dammit!"). I quickly made my bed and then fell asleep relatively quickly, and got up about 10 minutes ago. So I slept about 15 hours. xD

BBQTV

Smash Master
cold air makes me sleepy. anyway im finally got the texture hacks done. now for music

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Random situational tidbits of the day:

Did you know if you Dthrow D3 and a Waddle Doo/Dee is close enough to get caught in it, they both get knocked up together, meaning that if D3 does anything other than jump or AD, he tosses the Waddle Dee/Doo instead, basically meaning he has ridiculously limited options, can't punish you, and if he tries, he's in for a grounded hammer or something.

Oh, also you can punish a whiffed grab from TL (And probably ZSS since I heard she's the only one with a longer whiffed grab animation) with a grounded hammer. If you're a bit far, then Fsmash and Usmash may be better options.

Oh, and just because I feel like sharing, I think I may have a controversial view of Kirby's top 3 moves, but I now honestly feel they are, in order:

Bair
Pummel
Uair

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Those tidbits are pretty interesting.

Bair is definitely Kirby's best move, there's no point in even discussing that. Uair is also good. Why do you like pummel so much? It does ~2% every time it hits and refreshes other moves, but you can't use it too often without your opponent breaking free. I think ftilt is better than pummel because of its range (range stuff), speed, and possible follow-ups at low %'s. Fair is also pretty good, only slightly outranged by bair and about as useful (beat you to it, Asdioh!).

Triple R

Smash Lord
I would just clump pummel and throws in a grab category, otherwise I think throws or something should be on the list too. Personally I would replace uair with utlit. To me utlit is a gtfo kinda move. If I'm getting pressured it's relatively easy enough to pull out an utilt and hit them up.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Ah, but here's the thing, we all agree Bair is our best move, right? I mean, it's an awesome spacer, comboes pretty well, outranges a ****ton, is disjoincted, lasts forever, ACs, etc. Also, it CAN kill, if fresh-ish. However, it never is, so we have to rely on either hammer, our smashes, stone, or a gimp to kill. That or Uthrow, that doesn't kill with good DI till like 170.

Or... you can start pummeling about 4-5 times every grab around 100% and start refreshing that Bair, making it kill again, or failing that, doing good damage. Our pummel is stupid fast, AND refreshes. That, right there, is all that matters. This is why I feel pummels merit their own category, and, for us, are one of our best moves. Seriously people, pummel more! By 120% or so, I will gladly sacrifice a grab for 2-3 extra pummels.

As for Uair, it's range is ridiculous, and it combos well, and is awesome for pressuring people on platforms since you can AC it and do another one so fast afterwards.

That being said, Ftilt, Utilt, and Dtilt are all amazing in their own right. I feel Dtilt and Dair are underrated though.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Wifail was being gay to me this morning, but I'm willing to try again if anyone else is.

BBQTV

Smash Master
I should really stop double-posting.

i might be hold on

i might be hold on

Have to say it twice for more emphasis!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Kirby with a sex kick?

Why wasn't this thought of?
it was, in n64
Sorry, but this is still Kirby's best N-air:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txHu7TnUXCk#t=51
If you guys didn't notice, the N64 Nair is what Project M's Nair was modeled after >_>
It's just that he doesn't have that animation in Brawl, so they used his wall techjump animation for Nair, which I find totally hilarious, just look at it!
yea.

kirbys 64 nair was baller
yes

So this thread just kinda died... 64 Nair was awesome though.
yes

His Upair in n64 is what his Melee/Brawl Nair is. His current Upair wasn't created until Melee.
Though you probably all knew that.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
We should all praise Fromundaman.

Hey fromundaman, stop fixing their posts so I could teach them a lesson! D:
Of course, it would be a lesson in how awesome you are. I mean seriously, how can you be so cool?

I haven't been home for a while. I'm at another house with limited internet connection, that's why I've been inactive lately. I'll be back. *cue terminator*

Did you guys know Fromundaman is probably the most awesome guy around? Truly, the man is a genius of no compare. We should all build shrines to this guy.

BBQTV

Smash Master
you guys im not posting twice for the lulz. i make a post then it post it twice. if you see me post the same thing twice in a row it's smashboards being stupid

BBQTV

Smash Master
Yup. Definitely double posted again.

it got you too, a little while ago i got a 502

that what you get for using your powers

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Kewkky, I never knew you admired me so much, though I can understand why. I am pretty amazing, and humble too.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Those nairs are pretty epic. *Sigh* I remember when I was a n00b, and wall tech jumps were like "OMG that is awesome," and now it's like "that's almost never practical." What I'm more interested about is what they did to get the 64 stage. Is that like, a custom stage texture hacked to look like the original?

I agree that pummel is good for refreshing, but when compared to moves like his tilts, doesn't fit up at #2.

*Sits out awkwardly on discussion of SSB64*

BBQTV

Smash Master
Reason: I swear it's not posts disappearing because someone can't merge posts correctly.

oh of course not it couldn't possibly be that

A1lion835

Smash Champion
I keep getting 502's too. D:

Tomorrow, I'm going to Rochester (~2 hours away) to visit my grandparents (a little complicated because they're divorced). I'm staying over at my grandma's house tomorrow night, so I won't get much of a chance to update you guys about my goings on until Thursday around noon. I'll post a few more times before I leave. Have fun abusing our mods and getting super-banned, I guess.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Nothing at all. He has just finally come to terms with how awesome I am.
(and maybe lost a few posts from page 207 in the process, but that's unimportant! Mere details!)
You could all learn a lesson from our glorious mod.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Nah, there are no shenanigans. Fromundaman is quite simply a really awesome guy.

Though I'll admit if anyone would be able to find such a crazy thing as recycling posts to make other people, even those of mod status, say whatever they wanted, he would be the one to find out. You know, he's a pretty smart guy.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Typical authority figure. This is why I, Kirbies, should be your mod! Throw off the shackles of oppression that have been imposed upon you by these corrupt monsters, and allow me to govern Kirby and his metagame into a time of peace on our boards and 60-40 advantage matchups against everyone! Give me your hearts, and this I can do for you all!

I've always thought it would be interesting if I ran for some kind of office.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
See, Kewkky even says it himself.

Also, A1, it took me a while to figure out that number thing... lol.

Okay smashboards, I appreciate that you let me use my powers, but seriously, stop turning everyone's posts into double posts.

Also, I don't see how a change of mods would realistically change our MU ratios, but I'll admit, it was a compelling speech, and you made promises you can't possibly keep... ****, you're good at this! You SHOULD run for an office!

A1lion835

Smash Champion
I am growing slightly suspicious. Slightly.

The number thing is to distract you from thinking about my campaign for too long. xD

There goes fromundaman, or should I call him...Debbie Downerman! He refuses to believe that Kirby's matchups can ever improve. He sticks words into the posts of others. I ask you, people of SWF, residents of the Kirby boards, do you want this pessimistic, lying, deceitful, negative influence regulating you, contributing highly to your discussions? No, I say! Kirby needs someone new in charge to show the other characters who's boss! Vote for me!

...I've decided that I'm running for freshman class president next year. The second-worst thing I can do is provide comic relief, and the worst is to actually somehow win and be stuck with a job I don't want.

Top Bottom