• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Keyboard legality in console tourneys (POLL)..

Do you think keyboards should be legal in console tourneys?

• Yes

Votes: 70 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 40 33.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 10 8.3%

• Total voters

RickySSB

Smash Ace
Who cares about the keyboard??
I mean, If you don't use it, why you care?? You feel hurt by that?

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
Like we need more pika mains in ssb64
Lol I play every Character Bro. Too bad you can put all characters under my name. *rolls eyes*.

Dude's a total wad anyways
Don't know me never played me.
That's so cute that you need to judge someone before even knowing them ;).
I'm a douchbag on the Melee Forums I'l admit that but Not a single post here was like that.
All the Tournaments are in NJ anyway so I won't make it out ever.
Consider yourself lucky ;).

B Link

Smash Lord
Yea, I use keyboard for everything. To play smash, eating, sex, etc

CONSOLE PLAYERS GONNA HATE
Do you even have a console? You should try before you judge.

Anyone wanna raise money to get Ricky a console? I'll donate $5.

Console = sex > online keyboard smash bros = eating

The Star King

Smash Hero
@B_Link Why?

His conclusion will be obvious.

I tried console and yeah keyboard is better to me. Nobody is gonna enjoy being impaired.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
I'm a douchbag on the Melee Forums I'l admit that but Not a single post here was like that.
All the Tournaments are in NJ anyway so I won't make it out ever.
Consider yourself lucky ;).
a douchebag by any other name is still a bag of douche

also battlecow is from illinois and to my knowledge does not really make the trip that often for a tournament

by your own judgment, how big of a loss would it be to the community if you stopped showing up at console tournaments?

B Link

Smash Lord
@B_Link Why?

His conclusion will be obvious.

I tried console and yeah keyboard is better to me. Nobody is gonna enjoy being impaired.
Maybe, or maybe he's just being judgmental without having tried it first and will change once he gives it a fair try.

I used keys to begin with and prefer console over online keys

RickySSB

Smash Ace
I think I'm in love with SK.
BLink, I don't want a console.
I don't wanna join to the stupid competitive world of console, always worried about tier list and rankings.
Is disgusting.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Nah, people are nice offline. idgaf about rankings and tier lists, I argue about them for jokes.

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
I strongly still stand my ground saying everyone should be using the same controller that was made for the game.
Not some third party controller.
In MLG tournament setting you HAD to use a original controller no matter what (using this as an example MLG is dead imo).
NO exceptions.
Like I said before.
I'm not saying keyboard players are bad in anyway.
It just shouldn't be allowed. Period.
It's just my opinion, but I would not play someone even in a friendly if they went and plugged in a Keyboard adapter.
so how about the FGC's stance on allowing sticks n' normal controllers?

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if this Rockin Rudy dude has ever heard of the Hori Mini Pad.​
I have 3, I will stand my ground and say only the official N64 controller should be used.
I know it was used at Apex.
a douchebag by any other name is still a bag of douche

Na.
I purposely try on the Melee boards to be a ass.
Here I do not because I actually have more respect for this game.
I'l come back on the PJ64k bandwagon soon so I can play people.
How would you feel if Superboom or Isai quit and never showed at a tournament?
I know some people who ONLY play this game because of them.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
Na.
I purposely try on the Melee boards to be a ***.
Here I do not because I actually have more respect for this game.
I'l come back on the PJ64k bandwagon soon so I can play people.
How would you feel if Superboom or Isai quit and never showed at a tournament?
I know some people who ONLY play this game because of them.
i'd keep playing

i doubt there's a competitive smasher who could say they haven't been influenced by isai, but i wouldn't suddenly stop because he did. that'd honestly be like someone quitting guitar cuz jeff hanneman RIP died.

and why would these people you know quit? "isai and boom quit so there's no reason for me to continue to improve and establish myself"? "i won't get the opportunity to play the best so i may as well stop"?

however i do not think isai or boom would quit coming if keyboards were allowed. i do not know either of them to make such a suggestion, but it's merely my opinion - it would probably be seen as another challenge.

and for future reference, don't call yourself a douche if you don't want to be hereafter perceived as a douche.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I mean horis and GC controllers were used at apex, not that that logic was good in the first place.

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
i'd keep playing

i doubt there's a competitive smasher who could say they haven't been influenced by isai, but i wouldn't suddenly stop because he did. that'd honestly be like someone quitting guitar cuz jeff hanneman RIP died.

and why would these people you know quit? "isai and boom quit so there's no reason for me to continue to improve and establish myself"? "i won't get the opportunity to play the best so i may as well stop"?

however i do not think isai or boom would quit coming if keyboards were allowed. i do not know either of them to make such a suggestion, but it's merely my opinion - it would probably be seen as another challenge.

and for future reference, don't call yourself a douche if you don't want to be hereafter perceived as a douche.
It was an example?
:rolleyes:

SheerMadness

Smash Master
^ Not gonna happen I don't think. I'm seriously doubting we see any at Apex either. Your only hope is Star King.

Also I played Killer and Bane recently. Their DI is definitely on another level from everyone I've played on console. Pretty lame when you can't even do simple uptilt combos against them lol.

Anyway, cmu did you ever get rid of that 3 frame delay? Your keyboard adapter is not going to have much drawing power if it comes with 3 frames of delay.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
if you can't utilt combo them, then don't. if you are the better the kb player will lose. unless the DI is so crazy that every time you hit him he gets out and punishes every hit, it's not broken.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I'd say it's unfair that they can get out of combos that no one on controller can (in my experience anyway).

That's how I see it. My single opinion doesn't matter compared to the communities though. Bring on the keyboards.

Like I said I doubt any of them show up anyway.

B-Town

Smash Apprentice
I think we should just give in and everybody switch to KB now.

One day, nearly every original N64 stick will be worn out and people will be forced to use 3rd party controllers or KB. Only the select few who have horded controllers for decades will still have them and there will be a black market to buy them. Mass looting of controllers will take place at Apex 2030.

Then people will be trying to get original controllers banned.

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
I think we should just give in and everybody switch to KB now.

One day, nearly every original N64 stick will be worn out and people will be forced to use 3rd party controllers or KB. Only the select few who have horded controllers for decades will still have them and there will be a black market to buy them. Mass looting of controllers will take place at Apex 2030.

Then people will be trying to get original controllers banned.
That's when you replace them with third party Joysticks?
They are the same thing.
Some are different then others so be weary when buying.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
if someone can guarantee keyboards adapters will be available, and that there aren't going to be purist ******s who refuse to play kb players, then i will seriously consider going to apex, since that falls in my uni break anyway

other kb players should try to commit too, it'd be an awesome experience regardless of controller/keyboard nonsense

for the record, i dont use that bs DI a lot of people get with keyboards (usually with macros)

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I'll say this again. I wouldn't be surprised if Killer has a Macro, he DI's way too well, just laser him, he'll jump a bit

There is a difference between "West coast Controller DI, East Coast Keyboard DI and I haz a macro DI

Top Bottom