• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kentucky Smash Championship!!!! Parallel Worlds... - December 14th, 2013 - Louisville, Ky

clowsui

Smash Legend
I was running the tournament~ I dropped out of PM cuz I'm booty at that game and got bodied in pools tho LOL

Also am I really gonna play a Luigi for money? :|

JC Shine Studios

Smash Apprentice
Jiano ****ing re arranged my face tonight oh my god.

I seriously have never felt more violated in my entire life..

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
Honestly if I can get top 7, I'll be happy. I recognize the name lance so I'm gonna assume hes better than me. So let's say jiano lance and reneblade take top 3. Odds are is I will get unlucky seeding and they will knock me out. Either that or I'll lose to kodey again. Looking forward to playing Louisville again next week though.

kodeyluigi

Smash Apprentice
Honestly if I can get top 7, I'll be happy. I recognize the name lance so I'm gonna assume hes better than me. So let's say jiano lance and reneblade take top 3. Odds are is I will get unlucky seeding and they will knock me out. Either that or I'll lose to kodey again. Looking forward to playing Louisville again next week though.
2 months is a looooooong time from now. Improve and shoot for a high place! Who's to say you can't? No offence to anyone you mentioned but I know I'm a good player, have potential and not shooting for anything less than top 3...I wouldn't play the game if I wasn't trying to win everytime I picked up the sticks. We shal see

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
I am definitely going to try my hardest. I'm just being a realist here, this tourney is stacked, and I'm excited for that. With all due respect, I don't think anyone who attended last tourney will win money if its top 4.

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
Its prob gonna be top 3 pay out. Jiano 4 stocked my fox with donkey kong one match last night, and all but a few matches were strongly in his favor, so Im not really banking on money, things may change by December hopefully. Getting destroyed by good players will help me in the long run.

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
Its prob gonna be top 3 pay out. Jiano 4 stocked my fox with donkey kong one match last night, and all but a few matches were strongly in his favor, so Im not really banking on money, things may change by December hopefully. Getting destroyed by good players will help me in the long run.
His DK beat the **** out of me in pools at PoE2. He is good, no lie. I'm also nervous now because you guys have him and we don't have anyone who compares to him.

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
No clue. His DK is hella good, whether it is his main or not. And if it's not his main, that's even more reason to be scared of him.

JC Shine Studios

Smash Apprentice
He's a falcon main, his DK is scary as **** though.

He's just a top tier player all around, none of us really beat any of his characters much if at all.

But thankfully geordie and I live within a mile of him so hopefully we can get some practice in with him!!

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
Ya, just having a chance to play a player of his caliber has shown me a few important things I need to practice in order to become a better player. And I think I took 2 matches off of him, one off his falcon and one off his random secondary, and I prob played him for over an hour and a half total. Good stuff

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I would make it at least top four if you hit 24 players. It's a medium sized tournament, so you can afford to pay out one or two more placements without it becoming a problem.

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
Saturday at 6 pm we are gonna have something like a free melee tourney up at parallel for practice. Prob be there until 11 atleast

JC Shine Studios

Smash Apprentice
Saturday at 6 pm we are gonna have something like a free melee tourney up at parallel for practice. Prob be there until 11 atleast
This will likely have other side games and stuff too if anyone is interested

Please bring your setups and TVs as well if you plan on coming!

Venue will be 2 dollars with a free singles bracket

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
If anyone would like to come over my home for some Project M / Melee / Brawl for some practice, feel free to hit me up.

Kel

Smash Master
Assuming my flight from NYC doesn't get delayed the day before/ there is no snow on the roads, I should be here.

гυιη

Smash Cadet
NNID
Unique
3DS FC
5198-2442-2813
My name is Patrick and typing long paragraphs obviously makes me have the better point. :dazwa:

Also it's a "probably" attending from me but it's a bit too far in the future for a definite yes or no.

Wiisnake

Smash Journeyman
My name is Patrick and typing long paragraphs obviously makes me have the better point. :dazwa:

There isn't really a need to argue so much. Let Kelly take you all have said now and synthesize it and he can make his own decisions on whether he wants to make alterations to the tournament cost and all the other crap, or not. If you all don't agree with it then too bad, you should have been hosting your own tournament instead of fighting over someone else's.

Also it's a "probably" attending from me but it's a bit too far in the future for a definite yes or no.
Probably as in you just bodied Keenan's scrubbish Marth bro!

гυιη

Smash Cadet
NNID
Unique
3DS FC
5198-2442-2813
Probably as in you just bodied Keenan's scrubbish Marth bro!
Yeah I desperately needed a new main that I could actually enjoy playing so once I started researching and practicing a lot more on spacies falcon and marth I just figured out so many autocombos that I'd not seen much in videos and Keenan was a good way to test them out lol

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Kids **** talk a lot. Would love to see them **** talk in front of me. If I actually gave a flying ****, I'd probably have seen some little ******* running their mouths sooner.

The point is I would have never have even started getting pissy in the first place if some excuse for a smasher didn't open his mouth and call me a "Negative Nancy" and called someone else out for "talking down a community". I didn't have a problem until two guys started started acting like they had a stick up their ass. From what I can tell, most of you guys seem chill. So please don't mistake my hostility to the rest of you.

Worthless trash like that piss me the **** off.

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
Everybody in lou or close to lou show up to fight night sat at 6 bracket starts at 730 if I wasnt to lazy id post the link to thread but just go find it in the midwest tourn listings be there or be square

Wiisnake

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I desperately needed a new main that I could actually enjoy playing so once I started researching and practicing a lot more on spacies falcon and marth I just figured out so many autocombos that I'd not seen much in videos and Keenan was a good way to test them out lol
Yeah he was Johning afterward bro, you sure you just want to play for fun?

Top Bottom