• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ken's quote

Cril

Smash Cadet
hey. im looking for ken's original quote where he said something along the lines of "I will revolutionize Marth". i read the original thread where he said it about a month ago but i cant remember his exact words. I want the quote to put in my sig because i think it would be pretty badass and i cant wait to see ken's fighting style. so if anyone can link me to thread id be really grateful

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Do you REALLY think Ken is going to do anything that will change Marth's metagame?

LOL!!!

The ones shaping Marth's metagame are right here in the thick of things.

Ulevo, Steel2nd, Junkinthetrunk, and myself are the ones researching Marth and testing what he can do.

Roy_R, Inui, Meep, Junk, Bardull and a few others are the ones showing the competitive community what he is capable of.

Don't believe the hype. The Marth community needs no savior. We are doing it together.

The only thing Ken might show is what crazy things Marth can do with items.

CY

Smash Ace
Do you REALLY think Ken is going to do anything that will change Marth's metagame?

LOL!!!

The ones shaping Marth's metagame are right here in the thick of things.

Ulevo, Steel2nd, Junkinthetrunk, and myself are the ones researching Marth and testing what he can do.

Roy_R, Inui, Meep, Junk, Bardull and a few others are the ones showing the competitive community what he is capable of.

Don't believe the hype. The Marth community needs no savior. We are doing it together.

don't forget takeurlife2. he is changing marth's metagame by the second.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
azen and chillin said inui's marth sucks, m2k also said i'd **** him and he's played both of us. people need to stop mentioning inui with people that are far above his level like meep

Cril

Smash Cadet
why would he say it if he didn't mean it? i m sure that he must have at least something unique to show after making such a gutsy statement. i mean come on, its ken, the best marth in WORLD

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
The minute the man stops placing well I promise to stop mentioning him.

Do you think I LIKE saying Inui places well?

Posting something like that makes me want to burst into tears because it upsets me so much to know such an asshat is keeping Marth's tourney rankings up there.

Cril: M2K is the best Melee Marth. Best Brawl Marth is 3 way tie between NEO, Roy_R, and Meep.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
these threads should not exist. whoever's marth is better: a. can't be decided at this time and b. isn't as important as finding counter strategies against homo *** metaknight

who cares who's the best marth, start posting threads about how to **** metaknight consistently so i can read them

∫unk

Smash Master
zomgnowai

Ken seemed to be behind times when a few weeks ago he posted how everyone is only f-airing and f-smashing, when by then dancing blade was the hottest thing in Marth's game.

Right now it's grab follow ups into spikes, more grabs, or kill moves.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
NEO camp him.

I know you hate that, but you do what you gotta do.

∫unk

Smash Master
today in a money match i was able to f-throw stutter step f-smash tipper between 10-30 percent on metaknight near the edge for kills (twice!) but it may have been bad DI

yay double post

Cril

Smash Cadet
azen and chillin said inui's marth sucks, m2k also said i'd **** him and he's played both of us. people need to stop mentioning inui with people that are far above his level like meep
zomgnowai

Ken seemed to be behind times when a few weeks ago he posted how everyone is only f-airing and f-smashing, when by then dancing blade was the hottest thing in Marth's game.

Right now it's grab follow ups into spikes, more grabs, or kill moves.
yea i just watched a vid from Takeurlife2 doing the down throw to down spike at low percents. first time seeing it for me. does it work against all chars at low percents?

Cril

Smash Cadet
these threads should not exist. whoever's marth is better: a. can't be decided at this time and b. isn't as important as finding counter strategies against homo *** metaknight

who cares who's the best marth, start posting threads about how to **** metaknight consistently so i can read them
ok so can some1 just send me kens quote. thats all i wanted

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
probably just a novelty combo that catches people off guard

and emblem, i love camping with marth LOL it's the only way to beat ddd

i guess i just need to figure out new camping techniques vs MK, his dart-like dash grab/dash attack make it difficult to keep him out for me

<-- needs more experience

everyone who mains metaknight come to my house immediately

D

Deleted member

if it helps, metaknight has to "dedicate" to most of his attacks. I know that doesn't really say much past you have to outplay metaknight, but at least it's a feasible method to start with. Back to baiting in a game where baiting doesn't really work...

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
SH fair will beat dash attack and dash grab. The fair cuts into MK's back as he goes forward.

If you shield dash attack do reverse up b out of shield. Or shield drop grab/Dancing Blade.

Camping DDD is too fun.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
maybe i just need to start doing a multitude of backwards f-airs LOL

and metaknight shielding is literally like the most dangerous **** in brawl i swear

ima practice tipper b-turned swords dancing the shield just so i don't get *** jacked doing that ****

everyone continue posting pls bahahaha

∫unk

Smash Master
you can do f-airs toward the metaknight right out of running away from him

but yeah his dash attack and dash grab are what gives me the most trouble

everything else you have enough time to react to or can space out, but once he's in dash he can shield and follow with regular **** in range or do a dash attack that covers like 1/4 of FD and doesn't have much lag after ><

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
it's escapable, and this is wifi

wifi = a horrible example of anything ever everywhere anytime all the time

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
btw *double post* have you guys actually measured the range on some of metaknights attacks? it's ****ing ridiculous. his downsmash outranges all of marth's aerials... ALL of them. when i say outranges all of them i mean you cannot safely fall with a single aerial on his shield and not get downsmashed. just something to note :x

also his invincibility during his up-b is gay LOL :x

D1

Banned via Administration
btw *double post* have you guys actually measured the range on some of metaknights attacks? it's ****ing ridiculous. his downsmash outranges all of marth's aerials... ALL of them. when i say outranges all of them i mean you cannot safely fall with a single aerial on his shield and not get downsmashed. just something to note :x

also his invincibility during his up-b is gay LOL :x
Hehe MK sure as hell is annoying as hell...its one of those matchups where IMO if you SD once vs. a really good MK just forfeit the match LMAO.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
i take that back, i didn't test back air or down air... but let's be real here... who falls with a back air on metaknights shield ROFL (LOL **** ME PLS)

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
MK only has invincibility on frame 5 of his up b which is the frame it hits on.

Marth can fastfall fair into spotdodge, roll or up b. This is battle tested vs M2K.

Also perfectly spaced tipper would push MK too far for him to shield drop D-smash and hit. He would have to perfect shield.

∫unk

Smash Master
not shieldbreaker out of the air... ><

yeah and if you accidently cross up in the air on metaknight and immediately ground dodge you'll get hit by d-smashes second hit

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
wow i need to test it again then cuz i did it multiple times and was always in d-smash range

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Eh. Even if you are the important thing is that you still have defensive options so you aren't screwed if he blocks.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
his shielding and lack of lag on anything ***** my life

also humor me w/ d-smash, just test its hitbox... its FAR beyond that golden piss stream of a sword

**** you sakurai

clowsui

Smash Legend
neo

treat mk's movements like Falco from melee - he has to commit to an offense or commit to a defense/offense change up (tornado) tactic that is occasionally limited

however treat his attacks like sheik's - quick and difficult to counter but most certainly punishable

it helps a lot for me to visualize him that way, as a falco main

dunno if it helps for marth though

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
yeah i think i was doing that a little bit but not entirely, my method for falco in melee was moving away from him when he moved in because he had to use his body to attack. metaknight has a sword tho T_T

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
poor cril, just wanted to get that full quote.

bring the mk discussion to a diff thread, think the only thing we should be posting here is that quote for cril.

Top Bottom