• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ken Combo No Longer Exists

Status
Not open for further replies.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Yes I finally understand, master steel *bow*

Edit: Yes ZMT, we can see that was all skill, because mindgaming cpu's is just that difficult.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Wow.
Some Marth users are really really dumb.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
lol

M2K might be the best melee player, (that's still up for discussion), but who was the better Marth player?

And the Ken combo does exist in a fairly nonexistent form. The videos show it, you can really only get off 1 or 2 fairs consistently before going into a dair, and if you practice it at training mode, somewhere along the lines of 20-30 percent damage, ken combo actually counts as consecutive hits on the training combo meter. The only problem with that is that in training, the hits don't decay, so it might be giving certain attack properties that you won't get in a real fight (especially since you'll be using and hitting people with fair anyway).

but yeah, the ken string is awesome.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Ok to be perfectly serious the Ken combo exists in Brawl it is just that there are a few "differences."

It is a SHfair>fair>dair combo.

Yes it counts as a combo.

The first fair must trip the opponent for it to work. You must then FF the second fair while hitting them and then buffer a jump>dair. If you did it properly it will count as a combo.

Oh btw this won't spike the opponent into the depths of hell as I have never gotten it so that it would work, that the spike would land off the stage. But its the ken combo.

So lol it does exist, but chances of you pulling it off? Very situational. ;)

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
A combo is a string of moves you can't DI out of or escape. The Ken "combo" one of you guys showed, can be DI'd out of. It's really as simple as that.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
The old Ken Combo can be both DI'd and air dodged out of. To land a f-air to d-air, you have to predict your opponents dodge (if they don't DI), if they choose to at all. It is no longer a combo in the sense that it can automatically be pulled off independently of the opponents actions.

Also, for those that haven't been, please stay on topic and post intelligently if you are trying to contribute to the conversation.

sephiroth_fan

Smash Cadet
Ken combo doesn't work and lol about 2 n00bs, one is a wanabee m2k, one a wanabee ken.
WOW again i ask who r u randm person just cause we are fans of the greatest (ken) smashe ever and a okay smasher (mew2king) doesnt mean were noobs and were not wannab were just fans. and again i ask who r u random "ike is solid" lol i beat every ike ive play hes so slow i actually tryed to main him first but then i heard ken was playing marth so i switched to him and now its good so ike is no solid at al but ur probably another ike n00b so u might not understand

me2king1xx0

Smash Rookie
i cant beleve u just said that ken ise a beter smasher then mew2kign AGAIN OK JUST STOP cus ur rly anoying nd dont kno wat ur talkin about. go 2 the pokemoon center boards cus thats all ken is good at look lolllll http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROL8qFSXBpg i mena mew2king playd pokemon 2 but only the good pokemon like blue red nd silver not the noob 1's that sephi-noob_ken plays nd mew2king grinded all his pokmeon to level 100 WITHOUT THE RARE CANDY GLITCh so that takes real determinatoin

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Lmao Ken fan. I am an active poster on the Marth Boards, I'm a pretty good marth player and I'll help you get better if you want me to, and lol i don't use Ike, I did when I made the account. Ok, I guess you aren't wanabees, sorry, it just seems like it, same avatar, part of your names are the same I'm sorry. And M2K is better than OK. And Ken is the greatest melee player probably, not the best smasher ever. He lost to a 14 year old. And I said n00b like a n00b to SWF, b/c you are, not meaning to be duragatory in any way.

sephiroth_fan

Smash Cadet
Lmao Ken fan. I am an active poster on the Marth Boards, I'm a pretty good marth player and I'll help you get better if you want me to, and lol i don't use Ike, I did when I made the account. Ok, I guess you aren't wanabees, sorry, it just seems like it, same avatar, part of your names are the same I'm sorry. And M2K is better than OK. And Ken is the greatest melee player probably, not the best smasher ever. He lost to a 14 year old. And I said n00b like a n00b to SWF, b/c you are, not meaning to be duragatory in any way.
ummmm ive seen vids of u playin steel steel is good im not sure even i culd beat him but u got destroyed ur rly not good which kinda make u bad sry but ur just bad nothin like ken. im yung but i beat older players all the time that doesnt mean anything dont judge some1 just becuz they lost one match to a yung player or what would every1 i beat say?

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
When did I ever say that Ken was bad? Ken is great, and I think he would have one Evo w/out items. And my vids vs. Steel are old and on Wi-Fi. And how can I judge Ken? And Steel's Marth is amazing. Have you seen him vs. NEO? And i know that I'm nothing like Ken.

me2king1xx0

Smash Rookie
ya c sephiroth-noob cant even com ^ with a response cus i owned hi so hard mew2king is beter. whoever agres with me friend request me pls!!

me2king1xx0

Smash Rookie
prety sure ur agruing 2 since sephiroth said ur bad nd u said ur not!! ur arguin 2 so just stop the pspam

sephiroth_fan

Smash Cadet
dont talk like that ur rly anoying to tell u the truht r u a mod i don think so no mod would ptu ike is solid as thier name lol but anyways ull get banned to if u report lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom