• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Jesi

Smash Ace
Wait, there actually are tournaments I've never heard of around here? I thought Missouri was very anti-Brawl...huh.
We aren't anti-brawl...we're PRO-MELEE.... lol

That's not true, there are some VERY anti-brawl people around these parts. But it's not just MO, don't forget the biggest faction of smashers are from both Kansas City and Lawrence and everywhere in between. It's not just a divide of "missouri/kansas" we just happen to meet in missouri cause our location is good for noise level/fun level ;) .

The CORE KC/Lawrence crew that has been around for the past 3 years is still very melee oriented. There are new groups popping up who soley play brawl and are have their own meetings. They occasionally post that information.

I love updating our big list of registrants for the tournament I think we're going to EASILY make to 80-90 by end of September. :)

EDIT: Cups you haven't registered. And what about Blu-Rae?!!??

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I just registered for Event 52...

As long as my 1 month old son doesn't interfere, or car trouble, I'm there for sure.

I do need a teams partner though....did CUPS have a teammate? Or does anybody else need one? I'm not too bad of a player.......

Also when is the big KC brawl tourney coming up? I'd be interested in attending that as well....

DYC

Smash Champion
I just registered for Event 52...

As long as my 1 month old son doesn't interfere, or car trouble, I'm there for sure.

I do need a teams partner though....did CUPS have a teammate? Or does anybody else need one? I'm not too bad of a player.......

Also when is the big KC brawl tourney coming up? I'd be interested in attending that as well....
Did they stop selling condoms in St. Joe sometime after I left?

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
lol DYC well actually my son was conceived in California, while we were there for winter. then born here in st. joe july 29th. ^_^

i am going to try to make it to the barrio sometime and now i have darkrains number so i don't have to try to rely on DYC to let me know when i can come play (since i was available like three weeks ago and texted you a bunch to no avail...)

I'm not a bad player, who wants to team with me?? :p

DYC

Smash Champion
lol DYC well actually my son was conceived in California, while we were there for winter. then born here in st. joe july 29th. ^_^

i am going to try to make it to the barrio sometime and now i have darkrains number so i don't have to try to rely on DYC to let me know when i can come play (since i was available like three weeks ago and texted you a bunch to no avail...)

I'm not a bad player, who wants to team with me?? :p
Negro I've told you everytime you asked that we play every weekend. lol.

Cups

Smash Ace
Yeah for real, I can remember like 5 times of us telling you that we play every saturday from about 5pm until about 3am or so. K last time, maybe put this in your signature so that you remember or something, maybe DYC's post:

ZIVILYN BANE, BARRIO SMASH IS EVERY SATURDAY UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE BY DARKRAIN HIMSELF.

There, so no more johns about not knowing when to come down here. You keep complaining about how there's nobody to smash with in St. Joe, so just make the 40 minute drive and come play with us. Dmac and co. drive that far every week, as well as phatgamer, and jayray, and rezo. When there's a will there's a way IMO.

Jesi

Smash Ace
yeah man i fly up there sometimes just to be in their gracious company...sometimes i even drive 8 hrs. no johns imo. -_- lol

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
lol i know i'm a loser :(

I'll try my best to make it to a barrio in Oct before the tourney....

If anyone wants to see my son there is a picture of him on my myspace....

www.myspace.com/zivilynbane

my girlfriend usually updates it and we don't have internet right now so it's a little behind...

while you're looking at it check out The Janks, they're on my top8......amazing band from california........

dela

Smash Cadet
I reside in Topeka. You know, the capital of Kansas that no one seems to have ever heard of. Anyway, I'm 19, just started tech playing, and I'm trying to find some other people to smash with on a fairly regular basis. I see that Saturdays in KC? How old is everyone else here?

dmac

Smash Champion
we mainly play melee when we get together in kc. our ages range from 15 to 24.... but more on the over 21 side nowadays... we got old :(

only1Z

Smash Champion
We were just young whipersnappers, dmac had only recently turned 21......comin over to a creepy old mans house after school to play video games...

dmac

Smash Champion
k theres not much time before the huge tourney(its only a month away now) so anyone that wants to get better REALLY FAST has to really pay attention and ask for help at barrios. I'll do my best to help anyone with anything (but this tourney is beyond me skill wise lol) so just make sure you're trying and figuring out what you're doing wrong and ASK QUESTIONS!

Echo

Smash Champion
k theres not much time before the huge tourney(its only a month away now) so anyone that wants to get better REALLY FAST has to really pay attention and ask for help at barrios. I'll do my best to help anyone with anything (but this tourney is beyond me skill wise lol) so just make sure you're trying and figuring out what you're doing wrong and ASK QUESTIONS!
oh snap i might have to go to a barrio or two

Jace08

Smash Lord
I think a good starting point for me is learning how not to accidentally falcon punch you in the face in teams lol. Even though I think I had done okay up to that point that was terrible; I need to redeem myself this saturday.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Huh!?

10 char
I hadn't seen you on messenger for a while just making sure you're still alive.

I've been thinking about picking up WAR, it looks pretty cool...But being a bosskiller you might not fight it as entertaining. (Though, it's high end PvE content is mixed in with PvP, such as receiving epix from City Raids and Realm Leaders and such.)

If anyone's thinking about playing Warhammer Online I'd be open for getting something together, just PM me or something, I'll probably pick it up next week when it comes out. It's the next big thing!

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Can somebody link me the thread for the melee tourny in October? It seems I missed it a while back and I'm slightly retarted in the dewey decimal system of smashboards. Meanwhile I'm stuck here in Lawrence really frustrated that my car is broke down and I haven't been able to go to barrio for a while. So I'm not going to be making barrios unless I can get a ride, so Dmac can you help me with that? I'll try and get a hold of you on AIM too if you ever get on.

Also I still haven't put all the faces with the names.

Ok, so...
Pyroty is the guy with the afro?
DYC is the guy that works at Lawrence Dillons?
linkw00t is...???
And well Stealth Raptor, no clue.

EDIT: Oh and how do I sign up for the melee tourny? Can I do it at barrio, or in a thread?

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Can somebody link me the thread for the melee tourny in October? It seems I missed it a while back and I'm slightly retarted in the dewey decimal system of smashboards. Meanwhile I'm stuck here in Lawrence really frustrated that my car is broke down and I haven't been able to go to barrio for a while. So I'm not going to be making barrios unless I can get a ride, so Dmac can you help me with that? I'll try and get a hold of you on AIM too if you ever get on.

Also I still haven't put all the faces with the names.

Ok, so...
Pyroty is the guy with the afro?
DYC is the guy that works at Lawrence Dillons?
linkw00t is...???
And well Stealth Raptor, no clue.

EDIT: Oh and how do I sign up for the melee tourny? Can I do it at barrio, or in a thread?
Here we go adhdsoad. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=186283 This is the tournament link.

I wasn't there last week because I wasn't feeling well. I'll generally introduce myself to new people I play.

Pyroty is a light skinned 15 year old with the afro, and by light skinned I mean Caucasian.

As far as those other guys who knows who they are.

I'll probably cya there this Saturday if you're there.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Nice I'll definitely register as soon as I find out if my doubles partner is going to be my doubles partner lol.

So I was looking at the roster... GOD NO

Mango, Darkrain, and moar... I'm pumped XD

only1Z

Smash Champion
I wouldn't feel so bad pvping for purples if I didn't just start when the 4th season rolled around. Losing people in fake epics to my pve epics leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Rofl I like how on the tourney roster, Dmac put his partner as Darkrain, but Darkrain put that he doesn't know who his partner will be.

Cups

Smash Ace
this tourney is gonna be awesome i just got free drinks at the power and light district all night because my friend won some kind of prize or something. i rode the bull and stuff it was awesome i wish you guys would have been there cuz i like you more than the people i went with see you all tomorrow later on I've been practicing a lot so I hope I play better than usual.

Cups

Top Bottom