• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Yeah, we've been running brawl at my place for the past several weeks, and it's been some great smash. Unfortunately, this was the last one; I (along with everyone else in my crew) have to go back to college. For those who are looking to find some brawl in KC, I would have to point you to the JCC meetings that will be starting up again pretty soon; duck and artik (among others) are still going to be hanging around and looking for some action. There will evidently be another JCC brawl tournament sometime near the end of the year so don't everyone go forgetting how to play brawl.

This summer in general has really been great for my game; I feel like I was able to expose myself to a diverse array of playstyles and really refine my own. I know I ended up in the minority in the end, being a brawl player and all, but I enjoyed meeting all of you anyway and hope to be able to turn the lessons learned into something productive toward propping up the smash scene in Rolla. Of course, this isn't a full goodbye; I hope to be able to hit everyone up at Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks and see how everyone's game has developed.

Thanks for the good times and happy smashing!

pyroty

Smash Apprentice
Hey, last night I left my zune on the couch upstairs, (black MP3 player) did anyone find it by chance? Its probably still where I left it, I hope anyway... And man last night was too good, EVERYTHING DITTOS ftw.

Jesi

Smash Ace
So has anyone been receiving strange IM's from ppl trying to convince you that brawl is amazing? I just had someone do so, and then state that because I'm female I would OF COURSE like melee better...

I miss my crew! :D But I did just get AN AMAZING NEW COMPUTER OMGOMGOMGOMG. How is everyone doing up in KC? :D

Jesi

Smash Ace
oh it was the above person wingflier, if you don't like dealing with bigotry I would avoid him. lol

And that's what I asked Stealth...

thanks for the support, you rock! :D <3 BTW how are classes?

SamDvds

Smash Ace
lol every female smasher i know including me likes melee better heh. btw jesi wanna team for the 18th?

Jesi

Smash Ace
Well that may be true, but the reasoning behind his theory was flawed, being a girl you would assume I would like brawl better, cause it's easier to play. I like melee better and I don't exactly chose easier characters to master either.

And if Cups and Z are teaming, then we can team! But it's Z's call! :p It'll be cool it's on your bdaaayyy :p

DYC

Smash Champion
Well that may be true, but the reasoning behind his theory was flawed, being a girl you would assume I would like brawl better, cause it's easier to play. I like melee better and I don't exactly chose easier characters to master either.

And if Cups and Z are teaming, then we can team! But it's Z's call! :p It'll be cool it's on your bdaaayyy :p
And like I'm sure you play only female characters like Peach and Zelda. Since girls only play female characters.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
hahaha i totally play peach and zelda but ive abandoned them for a cute lil fox! Z, let me have jesi for my b-day *edit* (as a teams partner) since all of your minds are in the gutter -_-

SamDvds

Smash Ace
i'm not talking about cute-wise, i mean they just play him because he wins games.
lol i dont think thats a gender - specific statement. that statement is true for competitive melee. period.

Cups

Smash Ace
lol i dont think thats a gender - specific statement. that statement is true for competitive melee. period.
Thanks for restating it? If the cute or pretty character girls play isn't good, they play Fox b/c he wins games, just like if everybody else's character doesn't win games they play Fox.

All cleared up?

Simply Rice

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys Barrio on Friday or Saturday? I'll be up in Lawrence on Saturday and would like to get a ride to the Barrio (*cough* Dmac or DYC). Compensation will be provided. =D

Top Bottom