• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

PaperDream

Smash Apprentice
6627 E 15TH TERR
KANSAS CITY MO 64126

go round back down the hill. btw

upcoming events!!! nothing in November unless you count N-Cubed (in Omaha, you Neb kids know anything about this)? Which apparently has a smash thingy on the side but looks slim cause we can't find anything on it apparently....

No big tourneys in November...HOWEVER

December holds some party weekensssss :p

My bday is on a Sunday but that saturday i plan on having a little more booz than usual :p That's the 2nd btw. AND

December 15th...I'm going to start planning my Graduation Kegger buah ahhahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! And a bunch of people will be invited to that (not just smeeshers)! KK That's all I wanted to say

QQ ......buffet!

Oh, ok, that's up by all those trains isn't it?? Maybe I'm wrong >.> I live right off of 87th and I-35, so that must be like a 20 minute drive...I'll map it and show up on Saturday.

Should I bring controller/food/drink/anything?
What time?
Should I bring a friend?

only1Z

Smash Champion
We've been to the FFC in Omaha plenty of times over the years, I think the questioning was leaning more towards dates, expected turnout, and quality of an N cubed tourney itself. Maybe time to bust up the Nebraska thread.

Echo

Smash Champion
N Cubed is being held by David, if you remember him, and he is really big into Guilty Gear and some other fighters as well, so thats why more people have heard about those tourneys than the smash one.

When they had the Midwest Music Showdown a couple months ago, the smash scene was the same way, just being on the side like that, and it had like 40 people. I left with 265 for first in singles and like 90 from first in doubles, something like that anyway. The FFC definetely doesnt fux with your money, and has great payouts, and they're really good on getting people there, too, since alot of people that go play games, go to FFC. However, I don't know exactly how much David has done to get the word out. I heard about the tourney from Mike, and i'm sure he only knew about it because David told him himself. If you guys were interested, I could get more info for you like when it starts and stuff, cuz obviously theres no way to find out online lol...

I think it'd be great to see you guys there, and if you're plannin on coming to one in Omaha, definetely make it that one, I don't think the one in Lincoln this weekend is really going to have much, its just a thing they're having for the school.

dmac

Smash Champion
hondafoo we can take ya to saturday smash if you wanna do that and play all of us

if people want to learn how to get better they just need to ask questions, i dont know where nick gets that we dont try to be helpful :( ****in nick!!!!

if your saturdays are busy we can probably play somewhere in lawrence during the week, but if you wanna get as good as you can as fast as possible, comin out on saturdays is your best bet

Cups

Smash Ace
I never said you don't try to be helpful, I said you aren't very good at giving help on technical aspects. Dmac I suppose is pretty good, but he was MIA the first three months I was going to barrio. I read the other day the new SMYM is coming in late November, check in the Iowa thread I think.

Way to drop the ball on that ****, you SWF noob. I hope the G&W 'chute has been haunting your dreams.

Sweet Hat

Smash Cadet
I may be a SWF newb, but I'm no GHIII newb. I just 4-stared the Dragonforce song on 'xpert. Nick, we'll warm you up with some Slow Ride, pit you against McLouth in an epic battle of GH 'tards.

Jesi

Smash Ace
nick, i would help if people asked me too.... and i DO give suggestions so HMPH.

also, technicals are things you have to practice on your own anywayz, hard to learn when you're playing w/ a group because what that teaches you is more mind games and experience in playing different characters. :)
and trying to work on both at the same time is really hard....

also:

Some guy from the Shoryukenboards linkd me to the N-Cubed tournament site. I really want to go! And I suspected it was David (guy from smash that plays doc!) hosting it when I saw the website and as Echo says that's correctz0rz. They have Third Strike as an event, so you people who are super in to it should try it! I also saw that Guitar Hero might be an event if they have enough time.

So Schedule for the next two months:

Nov.
N-Cubed
SMYM!!

Dec.
Jesi's MoonLight Madness #23 -Dec 1st
Jesi's Grad partyyyy on the 15th :) -not really smash related but you're all invited!

Sweet Hat

Smash Cadet
Oh was wasn't flexing my GH-guns, I was merely lying about me GH-guns. That's what **** is all about, you never know if what I'm saying is true. Is my real name Matt...I don't know. Is Cups a chump? Yes. Does DYC think he's a GH BAMF? Yes. Is he? Pfft. But for cereal, I'm still trying to beat The Metal by Tenacious D on Hard. Or am I?

DYC

Smash Champion
I never said you don't try to be helpful, I said you aren't very good at giving help on technical aspects. Dmac I suppose is pretty good, but he was MIA the first three months I was going to barrio. I read the other day the new SMYM is coming in late November, check in the Iowa thread I think.

Way to drop the ball on that ****, you SWF noob. I hope the G&W 'chute has been haunting your dreams.
***** I taught you lots of things. =(

DYC

Smash Champion
I have been getting my *** handed to me by the Devil and TtFaF on expert for the last three days straight.

...and loving it.

LULZ DOUBLE POST.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I'll try to come down sometime, I really want to know how to get better, especially in terms of mental aspects. Set me off in the right direction to Peachy Midwest greatness!

Echo

Smash Champion
yo hondafoo nerds FF? thats tight mang, could be mah kinda dude.

anyway, if you guys are comin down to the tournament on the 10th, Does anyone wanna team with me? :) I figure if you bring a car of people, that could be 5 people, and theres gonna be someone without one. Just puttin it out there, cuz im gonna need one =/ just let me know! :p

only1Z

Smash Champion
Everyone should love that movie man! Could always let you borrow the first arc of RK.....cause sitting down after watching the Sam. X and then leading into 94 straight episodes of the series is something I'd do.

dmac

Smash Champion
cept that everything past the shishio saga was complete crap

who needs rides today? dyc/z do you have to work sunday morning?

dmac

Smash Champion
"Gaming may be growing up (per se), but gamers will always appreciate beautifully polished gameplay and inventive design...even if it's sugarcoated with squeaky baby stars and a goofy cartoon of a hero. Galaxy proves that Mario matters just as much today as he did 25 years ago, and that makes him one of a kind in this medium. But don't play Galaxy simply because Mario is the timeless godfather of gaming. No, play Galaxy because it's fantastic." 1up.com

anyone else kinda excited :D

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Any Wii owner that doesn't get Galaxy or Brawl is setting their self up for failure. I played Galaxy at a local Gamestop a couple of days ago, and I swear I was playing magic itself.

only1Z

Smash Champion
Trust / Betrayal is a prequal to the series. That **** was too good, and there was like, 2 good episodes in the 3rd arc...one being a big dog...and the other this guy who like....had a lightning strike that made kenshin blind for 3 episodes.

DYC

Smash Champion
Trust / Betrayal is a prequal to the series. That **** was too good, and there was like, 2 good episodes in the 3rd arc...one being a big dog...and the other this guy who like....had a lightning strike that made kenshin blind for 3 episodes.
The Amakusa Shougo arc was the gayest **** ever.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
I used to watch a little RK and it seemed to slow down after the Shishi oh arc...but man the Shishi oh arc was so effing BA. It's been a really long time though...what's the really badass dude's name, Hiko or something? Yeah that guy is awesome.

Would have came to the barrio this weekend but I had an un-optimistic GF and Chad had his chick over...and meh to that.

Anyway, we've been playing quite a bit. I cant' wait to play some more smash. I feel really dumb because I have decent skills with the tech's and stuff...I just can't seem to use any of it when I play anyone. Though sometimes I do miss my L-cancels as Falco.

BTW, anyone who needs a job, apply at Ameristar, it's so badass. I'm starting at like 10 bucks an hour to stand and let people in and wear a little red vest. So say hi if you have a gambling problem.

Jesi

Smash Ace
haha i go to ameristar all the time...but just to watch m00bies. Sounds like a good gig. Nick you guys should fire up some Samurai Champloo!! Or some FMA ...mmmm FMA... :p too bad my series watching days are all over :( school owns my soul :(

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Hey Nick, what would you think about C. Falcon becoming my second main? No one else really seems to fit me, so I figured since I have such a great C. Falcon main right across the hall from me I might as well give it a try.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Kirby? Can you really get good with Kirby? Would Jiggs work better? Oh, and it's spelled Markis like in my username BTW. I was thinking of 2nd maining a character that's not so commonly used, so I'll drop by the Kirby board and see what's up.

Sweet Hat

Smash Cadet
BetterThanPro tip #1: Don't listen to Dmac.

BetterThanPro tip #2: I'll spell you ****ing name any way I ****ing want to.

BetterThanPro tip #3: Kirb's taunt, top-tier in my book.

N64

Smash Champion
If you want to win, play top/high tier.

If you want to have so much fun you skip wherever you go, play low/bottom. Like young link! omg amazing!

Jesi

Smash Ace
hmm... I think i'd venture out and say that...

playing bottom/low tier is like being me ...

I have a lot of fun , but I suck and will never win haha!

But at least if you choose top tierish you have a prospect of winning, I guess it all depends on what you're getting into the game for(?). Choose wisely, my son.

The real reason I hopped on here....

Who's going to N-Cubed this weekend? Dave and I are......

Top Bottom