• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Of course I'm interested in playing more. Though I'm not quite good enough for tournament play yet. I'm almost there, as soon as Cups (who I've been playing with the past 3 or so months) gives me the OK, you'll see me at a tournament soon.

dmac

Smash Champion
well you dont have to be all that great to just come out to our saturday smashfests, it'll only make ya better!

Cups

Smash Ace
Paper doesn't really know how to wavedash or l-cancel or anything like that, and I'm here to show him how. So until he's got that solid I don't think he should go out there. You guys have a habit of not being very good at teaching tech. . .lol.

only1Z

Smash Champion
I remember back in the day when dmac tought me how to l-cancel, shield grab, and wave dash. Deleware smash, twas a silly place.

AxioM

Smash Cadet
Good possibility of me making it out to this Saturdays session. I have a lot of work to do on my Smash game.

3S in the mix sounds interesting. I've done a few tournies for that, but nothing notable from me. Too bad you guys don't play Tekken or Guilty Gear as well.

Cups

Smash Ace
Yeah man I've been playing with them since like February and I still don't say "we."

Sliq is a ****ing *******. He's just taking over the Msop board with attempted wit because he did alright at the tournament. *pumps fist into air and jumps because landed a utilt to rest combo* Wow nice combo Nick!

Sliq

Smash Master
Yeah man I've been playing with them since like February and I still don't say "we."

Sliq is a ****ing *******. He's just taking over the Msop board with attempted wit because he did alright at the tournament. *pumps fist into air and jumps because landed a utilt to rest combo* Wow nice combo Nick!
Hey, cups. **** you.

Cups

Smash Ace
Nah, I'm not about to start a flame war with someone who shouldn't even be here in the first place. That would mean I would have to talk to him.

The KCL thread is filled with enough spam as it is.

only1Z

Smash Champion
We have to keep up with nebraska kids, they've already been able to close down 2 threads, we're slacking here.

Jesi

Smash Ace
my kitties have been fixed!!! the smash kittens are emocore! and that stage building stuff looks amazing, kinda like in mario v dk2!! how exciting! ^_^

CFMV

"The Marf"
lolz anime smiley. papermarkis have you been to the barrio before? i know i played a friend of nick's who used peach, but i dunno if it was you.

Echo

Smash Champion
We have to keep up with nebraska kids, they've already been able to close down 2 threads, we're slacking here.
hey **** you mang :(
lol maybe imma just have to move down to KC...
btw me and secks might be stopping by on the 17th, i gotta talk to phat about friday night though.

Echo

Smash Champion
yeah well, we have a tournament in des moines on that friday... and so we could probably come up afterwards... and dont ask why its on a friday lol

i guess it would be possible for the 10th or something, but we might be having a tournament in omaha that day... no one really knows, and its hard for me to find out any info from anyone because, well, you see... other people here in NE dont really like to play smash, they just like to spam, play poker, or watch football.

only1Z

Smash Champion
You should pick one of those fine hobbies and excel. Maybe you should just come out on the 17th, lots of time to prepare your troops.

Sweet Hat

Smash Cadet
lolz anime smiley. papermarkis have you been to the barrio before? i know i played a friend of nick's who used peach, he was really swell at Smash gosh-diddily and he had such a super-swell personality, but i dunno if it was you.
Who the **** are you? I probably kicked your ***.

Cups

Smash Ace
I see Sweet Hat is trying the DYC approach to the boards to garner a large following of boards trolls. Anyway, after a triumphant victory over ****'s peach, my Game and Watch is now my new main. I ring dat bell, son.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Someone needs to show me how to play smash. I know how to do all the advanced tech's pretty well, but I can't really play any character that well. Like, last week or maybe the week before Z annihalatrixed my Marth with a Marth that he admittedly never uses outside the barrio. :(

I'd really like to learn to destroy as Falco though. I just don't know what to do, I'm getting a hang of some of the shine combos though.

Anyway, I gotta go up to Maryville to get mah GF this weekend, I told her she had to come with me because I require some smash. So umm, GGX2AC? I haven't got to play yet and I want to.

DYC

Smash Champion
I see Sweet Hat is trying the DYC approach to the boards to garner a large following of boards trolls. Anyway, after a triumphant victory over ****'s peach, my Game and Watch is now my new main. I ring dat bell, son.
It's hilarious how many trolls are willing to take a bullet for the DYC.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I propose a project for the local great players: turn me into the best Peach player in the MidWest!

Come on guys, supposedly I have potential. :p

dmac -- I think I walked by you in front of the engineering buildings today, but I didn't realize it was you (I knew you looked familiar) until I had already passed.

Echo

Smash Champion
I propose a project for the local great players: turn me into the best Peach player in the MidWest!
hey man i can teach you how to play peach it does pretty well. what you gotta do is do alot of downsmash and when people are hitting you just hit the a button until she pops out a move and its pretty good. oh and throw turnips, too.

also:
is that a euphemism for going down on each other?
lol.... thats too good.

PaperDream

Smash Apprentice
So wait, you guys play Smash almost every weekend right?

Could I join? I have a few friends I play it with now, but they're the same people I've played with since Melee came out.

When and where do you guys do this? Is it in Lawrence or KC/Olathe/Overland Park area?

Jesi

Smash Ace
6627 E 15TH TERR
KANSAS CITY MO 64126

go round back down the hill. btw

upcoming events!!! nothing in November unless you count N-Cubed (in Omaha, you Neb kids know anything about this)? Which apparently has a smash thingy on the side but looks slim cause we can't find anything on it apparently....

No big tourneys in November...HOWEVER

December holds some party weekensssss :p

My bday is on a Sunday but that saturday i plan on having a little more booz than usual :p That's the 2nd btw. AND

December 15th...I'm going to start planning my Graduation Kegger buah ahhahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! And a bunch of people will be invited to that (not just smeeshers)! KK That's all I wanted to say

QQ ......buffet!

Top Bottom