• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Jesi

Smash Ace
hahah I was wondering if that was just the school computers or they really allowed screen names to do that... btw thanks for being the subjects for my photos this weekend. As a courtesy I will post the ones i'm printing up here in an edit later!

dmac

Smash Champion
if only someone would make a smash name like WWMWWMWWMWWMWWMWWM man that would be fantastic. and the truth is asian flavors new screen name already... son of a ....

edit : i just realized that the campus tournament today is going to be run by complete nubs and it'll probably be FFAs with all items.... on hyrule! i can't wait ~_~;;

it might actually be fun?

dmac

Smash Champion
Videogame Series: Super Smash Bros. 7:00 PM

Tournament starts at 7, registration starts at 6:30. Tournament will be in the McCollum Lobby. Refreshments will be provided.

Super Smash Brothers Melee Tournament Rules

* Matches
will be four person free for all with 4 stock

* Top 2
players from each match will advance to the next round of the bracket

o Top
2 players from final match will play each other 1v1 (Final Destination,
same rules) for first and second place

o Bottom
2 players from final match will play each other 1v1 (Final Destination,
same rules) for third place

* Special
rules:

o No
items

o All
characters available

o Selective
random stages (i.e., no Rainbow Cruise, Flatzone, etc)

o Must
play as the same character throughout the tournament

N64

Smash Champion
sounds like a barrel of fun.

Kwan and I won $80 in best buy gift certificate combined at a local tourney ($5 entry fee apiece), and we bought guitar hero 2 finally. Best usage of tourney winnings.

p.s. I'll be back for thanksgiving.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
i'll be there. Dmac i look forward to playin u, i havn't in like three years now. If the tourney is really bad can we just go to your house and play some competitive matches there?

AxioM

Smash Cadet
I'd go to this, just for fun. I don't have a pad so I'd have to mooch someone elses controller if that's alright.

Where is the location for this tourney tonight??

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
ok soo, I gotta effing close the store Saturday, so sad.

Anyway, Z bring tat GGX2AC next weekend pl0x.

BTW, chad offered to bring his arcade stick if you do, he has the same one as darkrain's MAME.

only1Z

Smash Champion
If by same you mean an x-arcade * which dark had to replace with a stick from a 1984 or some **** arcade box* I think I'll pass.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Ugh.

Made it so the final 8, only to get double-teamed on Congo Jungle by dmac and this guy playing Marth. Disappointing, but then again I didn't expect to make it that far in the first place. It was fun. Kind of.

Anyone else go the KU tournament?

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Wow i cant believe they took my prize away...
second place wasn't bad though...
Dmac it was real fun playin u tho there is no one close to your skill level around me in topeka, so it's so hard for me to get better at this game.

dmac

Smash Champion
hondafoo i dont think i played you... i didn't double team anyone if i could have helped it... sorry you got gayed :( i played fox and wore a blue hoodie/sweater, so i dunno who you were actually thinking of! you shoulda said hi if only to figure out who i really was :)

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
dmac -- Wait, once I think of it, it wasn't a Fox that got me, it was a Sheik. I think it was Z(?). Sorry, I got mixed up.

TheBlackSmasher, I was the guy that teamed up with a Falco against you in an earlier round and then later lost to you and a Sheik (Z?) in the semi-finals (I was the Peach/Daisy). It sucks that they took your prize away man.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Yeah, but it's understandable. I got over it last night after ordering some Jimmy John's. Turkey Club, mmm....

Do you go to Washburn? (I'm from Topeka as well.)

Jesi

Smash Ace
supposed to be having some special guests this weekend maybe lol who don't play smeeesh... bring setups this weekend guys nebraska comin too so i hear? bring setups. :)
and arcade sticks if you have em... lol

AxioM

Smash Cadet
Good job winning dmac. That tournament was awful, and had ridiculous rules. It WAS ran well for the format, though. I guess people weren't going to haul their setups for a free tournament, which is why they did it that way. But there was A LOT of horse**** going on with friends teaming up in the FFA's.

I got there too late to participate, so I just shouted trash talk. I'll be at the next one. (Hope the rules are better)

Echo

Smash Champion
i dont know if i'm gonna make it this weekend or not... we'll have to see...

if not, I'll definetely be there in 2 weeks. :p

dmac

Smash Champion
not to sound cocky but i have a feeling we're going to be dissapointed with the srk guys(at least with 3S). they dont sound like they really focus a lot of effort on that game specifically

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Sucks I have to close this weekend. My GF is actually coming to town next weekend and staying at my place, so I'll see if she can come with me and Chad.

Chad will probably go, I can tell him to bring his arcade stick if needed.

Z:

Why don't you like the X-Arcade stick?

DYC

Smash Champion
Sucks I have to close this weekend. My GF is actually coming to town next weekend and staying at my place, so I'll see if she can come with me and Chad.

Chad will probably go, I can tell him to bring his arcade stick if needed.

Z:

Why don't you like the X-Arcade stick?
Because the joysticks they use are subpar.

Top Bottom