• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Upgrayedd

Smash Cadet
Ok... I have no ***'n clue what the heck I am doing. I am trying to learn how to L cancel. I have been practicing with bowsers air back A attack. I may have been successful but I can't tell. I only notice a quarter of a second difference. I am going to keep practicing. This Saturday can someone help me with this?
Thanks

Sweet Hat

Smash Cadet
Sorry for not making it, the controller I use is in Nick's room, but he, of course, was out of town. Then I tried to call David to see if there was an extra one at the Barrio I could use, but he sold me out (likely over jealousy) and didn't answer. I've recently lost my phone due to a not-so-stellar incident, so I couldn't really communicate between Nick and Matt Damon to get me a controller. Anywho, Z, that's why I wasn't there to get Nick's care-package.

only1Z

Smash Champion
jesi's takin care of it no, no biggie. And to practice l cancelling, use Links Down A in the air.

dmac

Smash Champion
im only like a minute into the video and i dont think darkrain geting a phantom hit on pc chris really counts as him being a noob <_<

edit : the later stuff counts tho.

N64

Smash Champion
all the vid made me do is love cj's dk more.

I did chuckle at pc trying to fall through onyx though.

PaperDream

Smash Apprentice
Sorry to cut in >.> I live in the KS Area, I go to JCCC now, and it'd be cool to know more players. I really only have about 6 other people to play with now since some friends moved off to different schools...

You all seem to know each other pretty well though.

Upgrayedd

Smash Cadet
Sorry to cut in >.> I live in the KS Area, I go to JCCC now, and it'd be cool to know more players. I really only have about 6 other people to play with now since some friends moved off to different schools...

You all seem to know each other pretty well though.
I am new too and I also am going to JCCC now. You should come play with us. We meet every Saturday. Where do you live in KS Area? I am from Olathe.

PaperDream

Smash Apprentice
I live in Overland Park, near 87th Street between Antioch and 69 highway.

You meet Saturdays and play Melee? Sounds fun.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
oh noes, gotta work saturday I forgot, though it might be during the daytime. Not sure. Will check, because I know everyone can't enjoy smash without the enlightening presence of linkw00t.... :(

AxioM

Smash Cadet
What's up KC/Lawrence?

I just arrived back in KC this month, and have FINALLY gotten back into smashing. I play as much as I can, and want to hook up and game with some of you guys, whenever there's a get together. We host them here, but I know the better players have their own clique. I met you guys a while ago, but I'd like to play you guys again.

Peace.

AxioM

Smash Cadet
i remember you! smeesh bros for life. do you play 3rd strike?
I dabble in 3rd Strike. I've played in a few tournies out of state, but nothing serious. I'm very average. My other fighters than smash are primarily Tekken, and Guilty Gear, but 3S is fun. Actually the girl I'm seeing is probably the best Soul Cailbur player I've seen in KC, so I play that alot now too...whether I like it or not.

You guys play 3S at your hookups now?

dmac

Smash Champion
yeah we have a mame cabinet and we just play 3S all night instead of smash. (well two of us at a time haha)

edit : its darkrains setup, it roolz

CFMV

"The Marf"
Nnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Brawl Has Been Delayed To February!!!! Aaaaaagggghhh!!!!!!!!

only1Z

Smash Champion
I would say gtfo, but 1) <3 2) It's true.

In fact, GGX2 is to 2D fighting games, as CS is to competive PC's FPS'.

Round 1 Lets rock!
I'd agree, but MvC2 is probably the troo answer. Got a cheeeeap copy of GG:AC so I'm gonna give it a spin.

Top Bottom