• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

DYC

Smash Champion
Who were the founding members of Genesis?

If you cannot answer this then you cannot go to the concert.

And no research ****er.

Hey Darkrain, phatgamer, DYC and everyone else, go to viva la smashtaclysm. :p
ill be there, we can play again before the games over.

Cups

Smash Ace
I don't know: Phil Collins. . .uhh. . .Troy Aikman. . .uh. . .yeah I don't know. Who gives a **** I believe is the right anwser.

C

coolpepper43

Hey, I'm new to the forum. I could not find a thread or post saying where and when kc/lawrence meet. I hope there is one soon because I'm getting board playing my friends.

Also, does anyone live in or near Olathe? If anyone wants to come over and play smash that would be awesome.

dmac

Smash Champion
coolpepper we meet every saturday to go smash, if you had the time i'd suggest trudging through this forum and you see the address where we meet at, but i'll make it easy for ya!

6627 E 15th terrace
kansas city, mo 64126

come down the long driveway and come in the back, no one will answer the front door

C

coolpepper43

thanks for the info dmac.

Do you guys ever meet anywhere else (closer)? Anyways I'll come next Saturday. Thanks

Also does anyone want to carpool? I can pick someone up if they like or someone could pick me up. I live in Olathe it's on the way from Lawrence. I'd even pitch in some gas money.

Cups

Smash Ace
Falcon quadruples were the highlight of my night. Anyone else? BTW Jesi's falcon isn't that bad, I feel a change in the air. Soon all of KCL will feel the power.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Gah, I've actually been playing smash quite a bit. I need to start...having gas money. Yeah I've been upping my falco game quite a bit, still suck at the approach. But meh whatever, I always find myself thinking. "FECK smash was tonight! "

For real though, someone should bring Guitar Hero sometime, I play quite a bit with a friend of mine who's pretty good, and we got a 360 and 2 guitars if that'd be cool? I don't want to intrude on anyone's smash though.

Anyway, someone tell me if' that'd be cool or not, because I could go for some serious GHII games (though I'm only average, but my buddy is fairly skilled)

-w00t

Cups

Smash Ace
You're right Dmac, I would be happy to play. Oh wait, Dyc, right. I suppose barely managing medium wouldn't constitute me as a "serious" player, but I take medium very seriously.

Echo

Smash Champion
people are krustn =]
thinkin about coming down to play on the 27th, so dark better work on his Ultimate MK3 game.

btw Z i'm coming for you in MvC, so be ready, son! :]

only1Z

Smash Champion
MvC is dead, 3rd strike is where it's at...however, my latent abilities in MvC universe should be sufficient.

N64

Smash Champion
dark never posts. when he does it's either like 7 words, or jesi accidentally posting on his name.

I ruin people's hopes.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Well my GF is in town this weekend but I should still be able to make it because she's going to some event or something, so Yay! Been watching falco videos and I got a few questions.

Is WD'ing after the shine like, elite? Because I see everyone doing it, and I had no clue that was what I should be doing.

Also, can I shffl dair approach ftw? I see alot of people shffl dairing to utilt to start up combos, or shffl dair to shine.

I'm a n00b I know. Before someone LOL's and n00bs meh.

only1Z

Smash Champion
Wave dashing out of shine will help if someone shields the shine, and doesn't roll away, you can wave dash immediately, and shine *repeat until they roll or get hit by the shine* and then chase....if you can do it consistently.

Usually Falco approaches with the laser? Yeah dair to up tilts is good at lower percents.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
I really suck at laser approach, everyone always PS's my lasers. Am I supposed to hop around and wait till they slip up then for for a dash attack?

But I can SHL pretty well though.

Jesi

Smash Ace
It's been a while since anyone posted about something Smash related on this board... lol

And LinkWoot: A lot of falco's use laser to approach and it would be helpful to make that part of your game, but it doesn't have to be the crutch you work under. Some falco players don't use laser very much at all, Dope for instance...and he's a beasty falco. I don't think Viperboy does much either... then there's people liKe Mathos (and me hee hee) laser city!! If you don't know who any of these people are hit up YouTube for some videos.

However, shine combos are essential so learning to work with shines and wave dashes is your best bet into starting up combos. Up-tilt as Z said, is teh bombz0rz...mad priority and great for juggling.

I'm going back to reading my Chun-Li guide BUAH HAHAHA I WILL DEFEAT YOU ALLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

only1Z

Smash Champion
My Ryu match up guide says Chun-Li is the toughest fight, but with my burning soul I shall overcome.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Aww Chun-Li is god tier! ****! I play 3rd Strike too. I'm not bad, but my friend Chad is really good, I brought him with me last time I came like... a long time ago. He plays like, Urien or something. But we both play Ken pretty well. Gonna quit WoW for now and start practicing smash again.

dan smith

Smash Champion
What's up with that Asian Flava guy? He just posts "Hi" like...every other post...

HEY ASIAN FLAVA!! HEEEEY!!

The reason Darkrain AKA Chubby Rain AKA Chocolate Rain dosen't post more often is cause he is a ghost/figment of your imagination. Like in the 6th Sense/Fight Club.

Don't you remember that scene from the 6th Sense where the little kid is posting on Smashboards and Bruce Willis doesn't respond to his Yoshi fanfic topic??

...or that scene in Fight Club where Edward Norton is chatting in the Marth character specific forum and every time Brad Pitt replies to his posts it just shows up as a double post by Edward Norton...and then the mods warn Edward Norton that he needs to stop double posting or they'll have to ban his IP address?? (it was a really dramatic scene with music by John Williams)

EDIT: Did somebody say something about ice cream and cake?

Jesi

Smash Ace
Ahem *cough* So yeah.... thanks DS for that lol

I've been surfing the Shoryuken boards right... I think I'm going to try and bring the world of 2d and 3d fighters together-OH ****. There aren't really that many 2D fighters in kc so i've seen but i'm really interested in getting some kind of popular fighting games event together like a mini evo haha. or maybe just a group of all of us over on a Saturday night. What do you guys think? Or would you rather not have a few guys show you up in some 2D fighters haha. I know Melissa's BF plays so they'll probably make it out at some point in time. Just curious as to what you think.

-Lil' Essi

HOLLY ****....666 post..

THE DEVIL IS WITHIN ME BEWARE OR YE SHALL PARRISH!!!!!

Top Bottom