• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

SamDvds

Smash Ace

Random made this card to illustrate Peach's broken abilities ..u guys might remember him coming 2 barrio smash w/ me and zig (he was the falco player with the grey hat with the pointy ears)

darkrain

Smash Ace
Firin' up some Mario in el Barrio right now kids!

LOVE the music...and the bee suit is sooooo cute! Finished phantom hourglass btw...another ridiculously good game! UGH! I love nintendo!!!! :p

ugh...REFRESH..this is Jesi...david was on my puter! :(

SamDvds

Smash Ace
jesi, if your grad party is on the same day as MSOP ill still come :) btw are u guys going to a tourney this weekend or still having barrio smash?

only1Z

Smash Champion
this weekend as in tomorrow, is probably barrio smash, unless someones not telling me anything. And for being poor jesi buys a lot of games....

darkrain

Smash Ace
well maybe that's cause <<<<<<<<< darkrain is the best boyfriend in the whole wide world and bought both phantom hourglass and mario galaxy ;) ;) ;) for his love :p

^
That was Jesi :O

papermarkis

Smash Lord
101 stars in Galaxy so far. However, I've only been able to play it because I was borrowing Nick's Wii (though it's still my game) so when he takes it back next week for break I'm going to be a sad boy. Is it bad that I own two Wii games with no Wii?

Jesi

Smash Ace
thx sam! You're a tru friend :p

and that's funny tacoom, I had a similar experience w/ him..... hmmmmm lol

Jesi

Smash Ace
cool! Looks like it should be a fun night! btw did anyone venture out and see beowulf? Angelina is sooo hot lol (and yes I know they pumped her up but ****!)

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
*wii post*

linkw00t and Chad shall be thar. GGX2AC some Z?

We got SMG half and half but Chad is playing now...can't wait to play it. Wii ftw.

6pm an ok time to arrive?

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
This is so ****ing dumb. I'm never going to get the chance to come smash with you guys unless I request off every Saturday. :(

I should just quit smash. ****ing job.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
ummm....not so sure we're gonna make this now...everyone's bailing at the last minute :(

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'm about to have the same problem with Ameristar. Hope you guys play smash AFTER 10:30 PM, because that's when I'm going to be getting off on saturdays. Then again the barrio is OTW back to Raytown from Ameristar.

So when you see me on future saturdays, I'll be in mah sexy 350 dollar clothing (that I was required to purchase....!@#$ing !@#$er's.)

I left my controller over there, it should be the one that's plugged into the player 2 slot on the Gamecube where we were playing.

BTW, **** peach.

only1Z

Smash Champion
doood, we were there till about 5:30 this morning, usually 10:30 willl have plenty of peeps. SOrry you left early! I was looking forward to GG :(

Jesi

Smash Ace
d00d i had so much fun last night it was totally badass. Staying up till like near 6 is so freaking ridiculous hahah but I had a blaaaaaast!!!!

It's really too bad phatgamer couldn't make it, would have made the whole night cooler :(

I hope my party will be that fun!! Enjoy thanksgiving everyone!!! :D :)

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Yeah this Saturday Chad should be showing up a lot earlier than I do because of work and all that.

Props to the new MAME cabinet arcade sticks.

I'll probably practice in some Guilty Gear during the week if I have time.

Next week I'll definetly stay longer, Chad wanted to hit his place up for some LAN Warcraft III. Haha next time I'll have some cash on hand too. I would pitch in some some beerz money too! ^^

Just don't let Chad have any, he's only like 14.

Hey ummm, is there going to be smash this weekend? Was wondering because of Thanksgiving and all that jazz.

only1Z

Smash Champion
No linkwoot, I wasn't there this morning....I've been working the overnight for 2 weeks.
Aww, did cups just now find "The beast is unleashed".
Dark, CvS2 is chumpsville.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Man barrio keeps getting better and better, GGs to St. Louis for coming and hanging out. Until next saturday Ima practice some third strike and Michael Jackson's Moonwalker. Ha ha I woke up this morning and was like where'd that arcade stick come from?

BTW:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnEWSO6NrQo&feature=related

2:36-2:50 0_0
Wow, Chun Li was all like "Kick, kick, kick, kick, KICK!", then Ken was all like "Block, block, block, block, BLOCK!" then "Punch, kick, kick, kick, ANASATSUKENNNNNNNN!".

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
Wow, Chun Li was all like "Kick, kick, kick, kick, KICK!", then Ken was all like "Block, block, block, block, BLOCK!" then "Punch, kick, kick, kick, ANASATSUKENNNNNNNN!".

yea parrying a complete super is like more than pro sauce in that game

DYC

Smash Champion
Not really. It's just muscle memory.
Yeah it's not impressive at all and anyone could do it. Especially in the semi's of the biggest fighting game tournament in the states. With zero health left. I mean seriously it's such child's play that in upper level Third Strike people don't even use supers, since people will just full parry them half asleep.

Or I suppose it could actually be that you are just an idiot.

Light

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it's not impressive at all and anyone could do it. Especially in the semi's of the biggest fighting game tournament in the states. With zero health left. I mean seriously it's such child's play that in upper level Third Strike people don't even use supers, since people will just full parry them half asleep.

Or I suppose it could actually be that you are just an idiot.
In that situation, anything would be impressive. The pressure makes that particular incident with Daigo awesome. Attk said that parrying a super is pro; which taken out of context is just a technical feat, something he probably spent hours in practice mode getting the timing down on. Experienced players don't blow loads when fox players start wall shine infinites, same thing with parrying. That Daigo was able to predict Justin's movements and start the parry under tournament pressure was what is amazing, not the parry its self.

Your snobbery is showing, again.

DYC

Smash Champion
In that situation, anything would be impressive. The pressure makes that particular incident with Daigo awesome. Attk said that parrying a super is pro; which taken out of context is just a technical feat, something he probably spent hours in practice mode getting the timing down on. Experienced players don't blow loads when fox players start wall shine infinites, same thing with parrying. That Daigo was able to predict Justin's movements and start the parry under tournament pressure was what is amazing, not the parry its self.

Your snobbery is showing, again.
Once again, if it wasn't "super pro" you would see people throwing out full parried supers all over the place.

Fact of the matter is, you don't. And calling me snobbish doesn't make you any less stupid.

Cups

Smash Ace
I don't claim to know too much about human psyche, but people that play the game competitively in the audience going **** nuts over such a simple feat doesn't seem logical. Obviously it was impressive, otherwise people that play the game as much as they do wouldn't be freaking out about it.

Don't come into our thread insulting one of us either, we wouldn't do that to you, so don't do it to us.

Light

Smash Journeyman
if wave shine infinites weren't "super pro" you would see people throwing out wave shine infinites all over the place.
Fact of the matter is, you don't

It's just rare that you ever get in the position to do it. Had Daigo any more life to survive the chip damage, he would not have gone for the full parry. Too risky. Like all flashy things, parrying is overrated. It by default puts you in a defensive set of mind - a part of your mind constantly focused on starting the twitch reaction needed to parry. You know a better way to stop a super? Rush down. Lock down.

I'm stupid. Daigo's awesome. The world goes round.

----

I don't claim to know too much about human psyche, but people that play the game competitively in the audience going **** nuts over such a simple feat doesn't seem logical. Obviously it was impressive, otherwise people that play the game as much as they do wouldn't be freaking out about it.
Because it was 100% sure that Daigo would lose. SA II for chip damage win. It's just hellah intense watching.

Don't come into our thread insulting one of us either, we wouldn't do that to you, so don't do it to us.
I think history says otherwise.

Cups

Smash Ace
Light-hearted insults thrown back and forth is one thing, but to call someone a snob is different. Don't play stupid, you know what I mean. w/e GOOD POINT LIGHT, GOOD POINT DYC, WE ARE ALL BIG MEN!!

Jesi

Smash Ace
ummm, I agree w/ dyc. lol

it was F'N AMAZING and anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves...they WISH they could do that. and i disagree, i *** in my pants every time i see a shine infinite... so there.

Anyway, i was wondering ummmmm would anyone like to be a drawing model for me this week? Maybe donate a little time to my artistic eye? :p <3 <3 <3

I'm willing to travel!! :D :D

Top Bottom