• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
jesus I am all kinds of dead right now. this crew is the besttt

EDIT: bought AE for steam i'll be on that **** when i get my stick back from repairs

EDIT2: I doubt any of you will care but I wanted to write this out to get my thoughts in a more logical composition:
darkrain you're really helpful to play at this stage in my career because of your playstyle and the precision of your play. because of how good your DD and punishes are it forces me to improve not my decisions but the options within those decisions. just about every time I lose a RPS against you it's not because I didn't do X or Y but because I did X or Y slightly differently than I should have or that you did a similar option but slightly better and that really helps me improve on what's remaining for me in this game (and others). thank you a lot for that bo9, I'm not sure if you did it intentionally or anything but I really needed it for APEX =)

rei_vincent

Smash Ace
I actually like the loading screen when playing Ranked online because it gives me a second to think about the match up and what I need to do to win. Also most of the world's notable online players that play online do indeed play Xbox. Also keep in mind that installing the game on Xbox basically doubles the loading speed.

Also try taking a pc setup to hookups. (not that it matters for you guys lol)

only1Z

Smash Champion
I actually like the loading screen when playing Ranked online because it gives me a second to think about the match up and what I need to do to win. Also most of the world's notable online players that play online do indeed play Xbox. Also keep in mind that installing the game on Xbox basically doubles the loading speed.

Also try taking a pc setup to hookups. (not that it matters for you guys lol)
*rolls eyes, does jerk off motion*

:phone:

dmac

Smash Champion
no one was taking about quality of online players....

pcs that can play street fighter can easily be as portable as a console, if not more so. You don't need to haul around a mid sized tower around. even then, you know people have been hauling pcs for gaming no problem. lan parties yo

did you see the comparison between pc and xbox load times? it doesn't matter if it's installed, it's still mad slow!

The system doesn't matter, point is, 13 bucks for the whole thing is a steal, not an opportunity to take pot shots at people wanting to play the game regardless of their involvement in any scene
:phone:

Dart!

Smash Master
Thanks for hosting DrunkRain. **** was Kraid.
Shout outs to Rfrizzle vs Jfro.
Shout outs to the dance party.
Getting bodies at SF3 and 4 was also fun
Mahvel baby!

rpotts

Smash Lord
I predict that rezo will gain 20 lbs from his fiance's cake pops alone in 2013.

But seriously, please extend a huge thank you to her for supplying us with a massive box of delicious confectionary treats.

darkrain

Smash Ace
I'm hosting back to back weekends...! Special requisition by some very important guests ... after that we'll go back to the bi-weeklies. Merry Christmas jerks!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Merry Christmas guys! Hope yours was as good as mine!
I'm hosting back to back weekends...! Special requisition by some very important guests ... after that we'll go back to the bi-weeklies. Merry Christmas jerks!
Oh goodness. It looks like Fishburne will finally get to experience your place. Yesss

Jace you better be there, we need to play a few serious sets before I leave for APEX. :D

Massive

Smash Champion
Massive was the one who started taking pot shots.
I'm sorry I have trouble understanding the concept of of superiority coming from a 6-7 year old system with 9 year old hardware against modern PCs with even 4 year old hardware.

I'm generally a fan of playing things in the best possible way. The PC version of AE has free online, unlike the 360, doesn't drop frames like the PS3, and loads pretty much instantly unlike every other console alternative. It's not like I'd get to play against Daigo if I loaded up the 360 version online anyway, not that I'd want to, since I still lose to people in PC online.

Finally, I see no reason to support Japan's walled garden policies straight out of the 90s, they have long fallen from grace in my eyes.

Also, since JFro/Nikki are having a party at my place this Saturday night, I'm for realsies not going to make it this week, sorry bros.

Top Bottom