• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

dmac

Smash Champion
its a quaint lil house... just make sure you goto the bottom of the driveway and try to come in from the back, no one will answer upstairs ^_^

darkrain

Smash Ace
ooo fun *grabs phone* you can show up as from 5pm on k bye :D

**** it. this is Jesi not darkrain.... he's gonna be mad :( lol

Jesi

Smash Ace
Results!

After much debate, the results are in!

Singles
1st darkrain
2nd Z
3rd DYC

Doubles
1st Dyc and Phat
2nd Z and Jesi
3rd Dmac and darkrain

Prizes were as listed! I had a blast, I hope some new people come out next barrio smash and I hope Dekar comes to defend his title as best smasher in KC sometime soon....

If enough people show up we'll do a mini crew battle! Until next time... this is Jesi, Signing off.

AxioM

Smash Cadet
That really was an enlightening experience. I've been playing for 1 month now, and that was my first tournament.

The skill I saw at that tournament made me realize even more than I had imagined how far someone can go with this game, and I'm really excited to see where I can personally go with it.

You guys were awesome to watch, and it was a real tight knit group, so me and my friends found it hard to really mingle too much, but I did learn quite a bit, especially from Rezo. To those who socialized or gamed with us, thank you. Jesi, thanks for your hospitality, and to everyone else, thanks for the beatdowns.

Fun times. I'm sure you'll see us again soon.

Jesi

Smash Ace
haha yeah we are really close, if you keep coming trust me as a group we'll warm up. But far too often we have new people come out, hang with us once and never show up again... which is one reason why we wait and see if you stick around before becoming the best of buddies haha (just ask jayray!). But rest assured we were all really happy that you guys didn't run screaming for the door or want to leave right after the 1st round of teams or singles.

Also, don't be afraid to ask questions, if you ask questions any of us will be MORE than happy to chat w/ you about your character or how things work if you don't quite understand. And Rezo is a cool guy :p his fox continues to get better as you can see... taking out PHAT WOOOOO lol. I'm going to start picking fox against sheik lol. Come to local tournies show up at mini smash get togethers and trust me you'll have an even better time hanging out ;)

Also if you guys want to go to SMYM or anything like that just let us know. No reason people from the same area shouldn't carpool or atleast travel together. ;) Wichita is also having a tourney soon, you guys might be interested in playing some of their crew and it's not that far of a drive. I can't make it and i'm not if any one else from kc/lawrence is going out but you guys should go represent KC hehe. See ya laterz :)

-Jesi

AxioM

Smash Cadet
Well, I look forward to getting to know you guys better. I had a really good time, and I totally understand the distancing thing. I've been through that with other communities.

I did want to talk to the other Sheik players there (Z and Phatgamer) but I didn't because I wasn't being as social as I normally am. I'll get used to you guys though. You'll see us again before too long, because I need to get some more beatings/lessons.

:p

Tournaments up and coming, I'll see what I can do about going. No quicker way to improve right?

DYC

Smash Champion
3 predictions. 2 out of 3 correct.

1. My ****ing Dew.

2. David sucks.

3. New guys wouldn't show.

Very happy to see I was wrong on number 3. Come back soon! You have to understand that over the last like 4 months we've had like 5 people from KC post in here and then never come or come once and never come back and it's always disappointing. You guys seemed pretty into it though so hopefully we will be seeing you again soon!

And yeah just grab people and ask to play. I just normally play whoever grabs me heh. And in case you somehow didn't notice, we are really ****in weird. =p

And Axiom yeah there really is no better way to improve than going to tourneys. It gets you out and lets you see a lot of different styles, lots of things you might not have thought up yourself. But other than that it's just practicing tech skills when you are alone and then working on incorporating the tech skills and mindgames when you are playing with people.

darkrain

Smash Ace
lol i came to check if anyone had said anything new in a couple days.... and no one had ..... i wish this board were mroe lively *tear*....

also...

is anyone going to the wichita tournament?!

and who is going to smym?

****..... THIS IS JESI. :( i hate my life!

AxioM

Smash Cadet
I'm already in the process of planning the Wichita tournament trip. I'll know before too long if I can go for sure. It really depends on who is willing to go with me, as well.

I have at least one other friend who is willing to go, I'd be willing to carpool also.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
You guys should come to OHSNAP2! The link to the thread is in my sig. We're getting skill from Texas and hopefully Colorado to come, and Oklahoma isn't too shabby itself. Plus, we're like really close to you guys! It'll probably be in the date range of December 19-23, and will most likely last two days.

darkrain

Smash Ace
A couple of us will be smashing at DYC's tonight so

No barrio smash tommorow, I've got stuff to do and Jesi won't be home. Sorry dudes!

AxioM

Smash Cadet
I'd be up to host a smash session tomorrow. If there's any interested parties, post up on here, I'll msg you my #, and get you directions.

Simply Rice

Smash Journeyman
Hey DYC hows the progress of coming to my tournament coming? Drag Danny along, hes been talking smack and i need to show him up haha

DYC

Smash Champion
Hey DYC hows the progress of coming to my tournament coming? Drag Danny along, hes been talking smack and i need to show him up haha
not too well unfortunately Alan, I was planning on coming but then my Thanksgiving dinner got schedualed for the 11th =(.

You could always come up here and i could hold him down and we could like, you know, beat him up and stuff.

Jesi

Smash Ace
Who's going to SMYM? Why doesn't anyone chat in this thread anymore....

Kansas smash is dead. :(

AxioM

Smash Cadet
That's a shame. I didn't join a scene that was going to die.

NOW, who's going to the Wichita tourney? I'm in. So are some of my friends. Let's hookup prior to it and get some games in.. whoever. Let's get it done.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
ks smash isnt dead...wichita seems to have a growing smash scene...we are ks too!!! hahaha

Simply Rice

Smash Journeyman
Who eats Thanksgiving dinner 12 days in advance? JOHNS hahaha jp jp try your best to make it...tell whoever you need to tell that Thanksgiving break exsists for well...Thankgiving...or have them pack it in some gladware. Its the thought that counts.

Plus anyone not going to SMYM should definatly hit up my tourney if they need a fixin.

Jesi

Smash Ace
Look like someone's gonna have to walk the plank!!!

also.

I might have a new phone #. So all those that want to be in my phone book should call me so I can add you w/o having to sort through my old phone; for Today... my # is 816 785 3890 but tomorrow it might be back to normal.... try and reach me anyhow. :p

***SMYM UPDATE***

as of now... we have people who want to go v people who are going...but i'm not sure which are or are not going...

here's the people list that have contacted us

DYC
darkrain
Jesi
dmac
z
Rezo
Jayray

Of those, who are going?

This determines car(s) setup. so act fast...tickets going soon!

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
Now who's the ******. The reason I'm not going is because I CAN'T go, not because I DON'T WANT TO. :O

I'll see about getting work off for the 11th.

only1Z

Smash Champion
no one's depending on me for anything at that tourney...unlike dave..and the potential FIRST PLACE OMG, in teams.

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
no one's depending on me for anything at that tourney...unlike dave..and the potential FIRST PLACE OMG, in teams.
No one is depending on you? Let's ask Jesi......>_>

And I'm terrible in teams. At least Dave has the opportunity to pick up someone more talented than me.

AxioM

Smash Cadet
When is SSYM? Where's the details for it?

I've been practicing hella, I want another jam session with you guys before Wichita. :)

Jesi

Smash Ace
Lol, Axiom SMYM is this saturday it's the 6 hour trip. So I'm not sure you will get a chance to smash with us before wichita seeing as how witchita is next weekend :p

darkrain

Smash Ace
We have 6 people going so the car is going to be a little crowded... we did it for dallas so I guess we can do it again, have to equip anthony's car with the luggage carrier.

Everyone who is planning on going be at my place by about 4:30 and bring atleast $60 cash plus whatever you need for food.

!!!!!!!!

DYC

Smash Champion
anthony has a test at 3 so he and i should be leaving lawrence around 3:45

And Phat I actually don't have a chance to try to convince any big names to team with me since you didn't say you weren't coming until like 5 days before the tourney. So Anthony and I are just gonna have to **** up some chumps.

DYCmachine1319 imo.

Top Bottom