• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

rezo

Smash Apprentice
you should refrain from using my real name. it is even more well known than my smashboards name and could draw unwanted attention to our secret society, known only as "barrio." rumors carried on the wind must remain nothing more than whispers!

also i'll be back in town this weekend phat

and i need to buy milk

only1Z

Smash Champion
You gotta pass the test baby, CREW BATTLE!!!!

*Why does everyone think we have tournaments all the time. The least they could do is READ the thread a bit.

jayray

Smash Apprentice
hey, just droppin in real quick i wanted to make a big 100th post but im gonna post-pone that till.... 150 or something anyway, i wont be comin out this saturday cause my girls got homecoming and then we getting down with it afterwards.

anyway, im gonna be practicing everyday till we have that nice tourny, so ill see ya nubs later.

and no johns !

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
hey, just droppin in real quick i wanted to make a big 100th post but im gonna post-pone that till.... 150 or something anyway, i wont be comin out this saturday cause my girls got homecoming and then we getting down with it afterwards.

anyway, im gonna be practicing everyday till we have that nice tourny, so ill see ya nubs later.

and no johns !
Jayray is such a homo. And no, I won't be attending barrio smash this week either :(

Unless rezo waits till like.....9 to go.......>.>

Jesi

Smash Ace
hmm this weekend is that st. louis tourney and i'm telling david to go cause i got class from 9-5 that day lol so we may not have barrio smash here... we'll see. Otherwise the following weekend after that I think some of us are going to cok II? I got the weekend off so I can go. So theeen perhaps the weekend after that a barrio smash will ensue. HOPEFULLY we'll have everything finished up in our extra room by then and we'll be a little cooler in there (plus a little extra room for an extra set up etc.)

That's mah update!

-Jesi

only1Z

Smash Champion
The only other person that has shown interest in possibly going was phat. That's only cause nebraska thinks we're all goin :p

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
Probably not gonna be able to make it unless someone can cover my Saturday shift. :(

It's lookin pretty hopeless cuz Saturday is the majority of the high school's homecoming T_T

Smakula

Smash Rookie
Greetings Lawrence/KC Smashers, I'm new to this forums but not new to Smash Bros. Pretty much I've been playing somewhat hardcore since January. I'm good at it, but definitely not tournament level since I've only been playing my group of friends.
So anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself here, find out when and where you guys smash, and then perhaps join in. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys and having my *** handed to me and realizing that I'm not as good as I thought.

BTW, I live in Lawrence but frequently make trips out to KC/OP/Olathe/Shawnee Mission.

Jesi

Smash Ace
new people galore! When will they committ to a barrio smash!? We'll see......

if you guys do or don't go to st. louis mebbe barrio smash who knows?! but i really kind of what you to beat up certain smashers whose name rhymes w/ diaperboy....

AxioM

Smash Cadet
Greetings KC Smashers!

I'm another Smash newbie from this area. (I live in the KC,KS area...in Lenexa) and frequently play with Smakula, and some of the other local newbies and a couple of the Lawrence smashers.

I'm a few weeks into my smash endeavor, and chose to play the game solely for the purpose of getting involved in a more active, competitive scene. I've been playing fighting games competitively for about 4 years, and play at least somewhat well at all the major ones, tournament level at a few. Tekken was my big thing.

We do hookups at my apartment, and also out in Lawrence. I'm willing to meet up with a few of the local gamers.

So Hello, and I hope we'll meet soon.

dmac

Smash Champion
well you're in luck, since smash bros is the most popular fighting game in the country you're bound to find some fun competition ^_^ im free to play whenever in lawrence(i live there~) so msg me on aim sometime

only1Z

Smash Champion
that reminds me, do you still want me to make that thread, a smeesh match for vipers boy career / life against d-rizzle?

DYC

Smash Champion
well you're in luck, since smash bros is the most popular fighting game in the country you're bound to find some fun competition ^_^ im free to play whenever in lawrence(i live there~) so msg me on aim sometime

Yeah right. 90% of the time you are on wow or catering to that girly of yours.

DarkCobra

Smash Ace
Nope. Most of us will be at CoK II in Ohio.

And Free money isn't really free money when only like 4 people who aren't from KCMO enter and the rest of you people enter the "wichita only" tournament. Winning 10 bucks for 1st in teams surprisingly does not cover gas.

Na man there is a whole slew of people coming this time. Oklahoma is coming and some of Texas might be we arent for sure yet. Anyways thats too bad.

That last wichita one was kinna a flup but anyways hope to see u guyz at a tourny sometime in the near future.

When is the next tourny that u guyz r holding anyway?

jayray

Smash Apprentice
on with the barrio smash !, im feelin frisky ^^,

if not i guess ill stay home and grind on WoW for a while --.

Echo

Smash Champion
The Gamer household will never be the same after tonight. >_>
its actually because sir johns' giant *** crack got rubbed all over his chairs/mattresses/blankets/carpet/air LOL he'll never get the smell out. sorry buddy :) <3 thanks for lettin us stay though it was tight

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
its actually because sir johns' giant *** crack got rubbed all over his chairs/mattresses/blankets/carpet/air LOL he'll never get the smell out. sorry buddy :) <3 thanks for lettin us stay though it was tight

ahhhh hahahahahahahahaha

thats some funny **** :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Echo

Smash Champion
someone please host a tourney in Kansas City... I need an excuse to go to Worlds of Fun. c'moooooon lets all gooooooo :D

Jesi

Smash Ace
hahaha I've actually been considering hosting a tournament for some time, I just don't know about a venue...

We could definitely muster a mini tourney at my place sometime. What would be a good date for people? I have class the 28th so no go, but any other saturday i'm pretty free... heard there was something going on the 21st..... but who knows... what do people think?

If we did do something I hope all the local "new" smashers would come out....

AxioM

Smash Cadet
Me and a few of my friends have been doing hookups here in Lenexa more frequently lately, so a few of us are moving onto higher levels of play, but it's hard to gauge your own improvement, until you play people that are truly high level (have seen out of state tournament experience)

So, when is there hookups going on? Are there weeklies? If so, where? Would anyone be willing to travel to Lenexa FOR a hookup? (I'd host one with about 10 people comfortably in my apartment, I have a decent gaming rig: 47" TV, Surround Sound, lots of furniture)

Are there any local tournaments coming up? Some of the people in my gaming crew were considering the Wichita tourney on the 11th, but if there's something more local, I'd rather do that.

Echo

Smash Champion
AxioM - We're having a smashfest on the 20th, before our tourney, if you are interested in getting together with like, us.... Hit me up on AIM if you can: s/n = ssbxecho

i might be interested in comin to you some time, depends when and how far. like uh... seems like it could be close enough to NE for me to intrude... I suppose I expect a GTFO... >.>

btw yeah you guys should fire up a tourney in KC :p

Top Bottom