• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

AxioM

Smash Cadet
Ah...

That's a bummer. Well, good luck to all of you guys. After watching you all play, regardless of your competition I'm sure you'll do very well. :)

I'll keep practicing here then, and hopefully win a couple in Wichita. Look forward to gaming you guys when we all get back from our respective tournaments then.

Jesi

Smash Ace
riiight betrayed... hmmm well i'm not sure that's how i feel lol But i'll be teaming w/ Sam DVDs and so this should be fun regardles!! :p uhhhh

dmac did you know viperboy's is 45 min away from the venue? Where are we staying in relation to the venue and how will we go party over there if we have no where to stay after you're drunk? lol

dmac

Smash Champion
z owned you dont lie!!! anyways i dunno about viperboys we can discuss it on the ride over or somethin

edit : jiano is a weird ****

Jesi

Smash Ace
lol I'm thinking about doing a Wii Opening party/ Smash fest. But i want to know who will be getting a Wii on launch? I think David and I might go ahead and get one... but which games we will get is another thing entirely. Def. Twilight Princess and mebbe one other thats' good for 4 players hopefully...

In any case who else will be getting one? It would be cool to bring atleast one other wii so everyone can mess with it. Then afterwards we can smash a bit.

I'm thinking the 25th of November right after Thanksgiving! It's a Saturday. Gotta make sure we can get one before then though. The following weekend is FoB sooo.... Yeah.

Who is going to FoB?

AxioM

Smash Cadet
I'm in debate about going to Wichita right now. My car is being *****y, and it's a chance to drive it. We'll see how it turns out.

Good job to the KC/Lawrence crew that went to SSYM. I saw the results...100+ and most all of you guys made it out of the pools. Darkrain, Dmac, DYC, I saw your names on that top 25, congratulations. :)

I haven't been in practice as much the last 2 weeks because it seems like all of my friends suddenly lost interest I'm one of like 3 that still want to play. The other 2 live in Lawrence. :( This sucks.

Jesi

Smash Ace
Sorry Wichita!!! David and I were planning to go on Friday right...then we came home from Borat and I have an email from my weekend class teacher saying that class starts a little late tomorrow...

I soon realized I had skipped Friday night's session and was about to miss out on the only weekend mandatory for that class. Needless to say I started having a freak-out session lol. And since David and I were the only one's available to go..... and then it was just David.... he decided to let someone else take the pot :p

Alright then... We just got done at Gamestop ...we tried out the new Wii and Excite truck... let me tell you it plays soooo smoothly. <3

Also, with all my pictures of Gamers at this last tournament (SMYM6) I think it would be cool to make a few gamecards with stats on the back of them...my design hehe. It will be a side project of course... What do you guys think?

EDIT:
There is also a tournament December 16th in St. Louis, If I don't have a job by then I can probably go.... I hope everyone else can come...or atleast a few people :).

UGH I wnat a wii so bad.

and yes Z I saw the brawl trailer like the day it came out hehe.

AxioM

Smash Cadet
So as little time as I've spent playing Smash, I already feel myself beginning to rust and be even scrubbier than I am. This is not good. I haven't played more than a couple times in the last few weeks, and I want games.

If I were to host a hookup at my place, would anyone come out? Like I said, I have a decent living room setup for gaming, and am known to be a pretty good host.

If not, then let me know when you guys are having another hookup. I'm drifting back to Tekken again because at least I can travel around for that and show out pretty much anyone I play...even when I'm rusty. I'd rather be improving at a new game though.

I didn't make wichita, much to my dismay. All my travelling partners bailed on me the day beforehand... :[

dmac

Smash Champion
well we'll probably smash this weekend at the barrio im guessing.... barrio smash is too good. i assume we're going to flame of bowser 2 since darkrain needs to win the circuit crap, so make sure you're schedules are clear for that(dec 2?). next possible tournies include the st louis one on the 16th(finals are done 15th :DDDD) , and that oh snap tourney might be fun the next weekend(23rd?), if only to meet the oklahoma kids... yeah.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
dmac i missed your presence @ fo sho!!!.....u coulda came solo lol since every1 else got tied up..well hopefully we will meet up sometime in the future cause im due to play that invincible ganon again.

MprisM

Smash Journeyman
I heard rumors of him playing fox. Needless to say that they were only rumors, I mean I've NEVER seen this guy play fox before. *Blows a bubble pipe*

---Jesi hit me up on AIM so we can talk about that excite truck. I'm considering buying it along with Zelda but I'm not sure if its worth the mula.

-------------------
The guy who posts after me must get off on replying after my posts since he does it no matter where I go.

Jesi

Smash Ace
Photos haven't been uploaded to the net but i have them on my puter. There are some i want to keep and some i want to toss....basically they're just people portraits for the most part.

What's this weekend...the 16th/19th? or somefin? I don't have my weekend class this weekend like i thought woo hoo. Plus it's the beginning of thanksgiving weekend. :) UMKC gets a whoooole week off :p.

As soon as I get some time, like over break, i'll probably get those pics up. I have to finish my self portrait for photography, do my math take-home test, study for chem, and a sociology teeeest.... semester is wrapping up people!

I'm on for barrio smash this weekend. David got a free case of boulevard wheat beer (my brother's beer of choice ironically). Needless to say he's having trouble finishing it off himself..... Yeah. So you guys should help!

K bye.

damienkc

Smash Rookie
eh why the hell not

Hi guys, I'm Damien, 17 years old, live in Lenexa, KS. People seem to like me because I am rarely late. I enjoy ice cream and a nice pair of slacks. I started playing around the same time AxioM did (we've been good friends for 4 years or so now), but I don't play nearly as much as I should, probably an hour every week or so. I'm mostly found playing with axiom & friends, and dekar, who mostly made me want to play. I might come out to some events every now and then, but I'll never compete :p

anyway yeah, that's all I wanted to say. sup dudes.

edit : This isn't really important, but I play falco, I find him the most fun. :D

Jesi

Smash Ace
Never is a strong word there little buddy...

In any case. The KC portrion of the crew has taken a liking to doing a mini smash tuesday nights. It's fun! But We were wondering if anyone wanted to go to a tournament this weekend. To be honest I was looking forward to Barrio smash but if everyone else wants to go that's fine...

It's echo's tourney in NE; It's about 4 hours away.

Also, is anyone interested in going to the tournament after the DK Tournament on the 16th? OHSNAP2 it's in OK.... lot of good competition is going....

That's all for now. See ya. :)

Jesi

Smash Ace
Yeah it was some girl's birthday in my photo class today. She was really excited cause she turned 19... and she was talking about how sophisticated 20 soundedand how she couldn't wait to get there.... I frowned in realization of my own loss of interest of birthdays *sniffle*. Once you get past 21... maaan ..... *sigh*.

N E way. You guys should totally check out Smashwiki. Infinitely easier to search for info than smashboards and has smasher bio's listed. Still in it's beginning stages of course... It's pretty cute. I put myself in there and darkrain is in there. If you search for some of your names the text that is brought up is under my bio. You can log in with your smashboards name and edit pages! I encourage you to add yourselves. :)

www.smashwiki.com/wiki

do it! :p

damienkc

Smash Rookie
haha is it that much of a difference? unless you guys are like 30-something, it's nothing. I've hung out with older people my whole life, I even look older.

/ot

sup guyz

DYC

Smash Champion
nah it's not a big difference, Jesi just loves to call people little buddy. I think she picked it up from that homo she's dating...

Echo

Smash Champion
are you guys actually thinking about coming to my tourney?

We're not really expecting that big a turnout, its just like a little thing, so I mean, if Dark were to come, he might get upset that he doesnt win very much lol... I dont want him to get mad if its not worth his time.

The next one I'm gonna host is gonna be a bigger one in Omaha though, so if anything you guys should try to make that, but like if you wanna come to this one thats cool, just don't expect too much :(

like I told DYC earlier, if dark finds out it wasnt worth his time, he'll probably knee me IRL.

and I mean... the sweetspotted one.

when you dont DI.

:(

MprisM

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it was some girl's birthday in my photo class today. She was really excited cause she turned 19... and she was talking about how sophisticated 20 soundedand how she couldn't wait to get there.... I frowned in realization of my own loss of interest of birthdays *sniffle*. Once you get past 21... maaan ..... *sigh*.

N E way. You guys should totally check out Smashwiki. Infinitely easier to search for info than smashboards and has smasher bio's listed. Still in it's beginning stages of course... It's pretty cute. I put myself in there and darkrain is in there. If you search for some of your names the text that is brought up is under my bio. You can log in with your smashboards name and edit pages! I encourage you to add yourselves. :)

www.smashwiki.com/wiki

do it! :p
I love how you gave yourself INSANE INFORMATION and darkrain a mere sentence. Shows how much you care about him. ;)

Unless you didnt put him on there - err..misread. =(

Jesi

Smash Ace
I love my homo! and in deep thought about this matter... i realized i really did pick it up from a homo! :D Jimmy used to say it all the time.

Also... there is an alternative reason we might be going to NE. David MIGHT purchase a big...red... surprise that will get us places in style..... lol. but it's still a big maybe.... More info coming soon!

Lol

MPRISM you're only supposed to edit your own page. darkrain's was already in the wiki before we even looked at it. So it's his responsibility to change his page...and he's lazy so he won't lol. He was special enough to make it in. I wasn't..... :(

Top Bottom