• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Sorry for the last few that signed up that got an error message -- you're in, just a typo on my part. lol

DYC

Smash Champion
Yo, so where can I watch all the episodes of Community without subscribing to Hulu+? Was very disappointed not to find it on Netflix last night.
I feel like somewhere...on the internet maybe...there might be an illicit copy of the episodes of Community you seek.

Just maybe.

:phone:

only1Z

Smash Champion
Still living in an age run by ad revenue. At least hulu attempts to steer you in the right direction when they show off their own programming. *which is a lot better then you might think*

Massive

Smash Champion
just finished Evangelion....

gotta say I'm not a fan of it for a million different reasons, not a fan at all ><
It's actually a fairly close (theological) interpretation of one of the main kabbalistic apocalypse scenarios, wherein after great affliction, man must examine himself and rebuild his world accordingly.

There is a pretty heavy smattering of Judeochristian themes, mostly from early Apocrapha and excerpts from the Torah. I figured you probably wouldn't get much out of it, but as someone who has actually studied religion and philosophy fairly extensively, a lot of the implications are pretty interesting to contemplate. An amusing thought experiment, sort of like the ending to the original Full Metal Alchemist, although many people did not appreciate the implications of that either (and the second version was 125125x better).

But you haven't even seen Hook, so why am I even trying to explain this to you.

only1Z

Smash Champion
And that's not even touching on the psych 101 peppered throughout the series. Ideas of id, ego, and the super ego. Chad has a particularly good rant about AT fields concerning that.

Massive

Smash Champion
The end of eva pretty much explicitly showed what AT fields were, it's just easy to miss if you don't remember some of the text from earlier in the series.

I assume Jace didn't watch the movie, which actually takes place chronologically between episode 24 and 25/26 and explains (some of) what's happening, albeit peppered with underaged boobs, jerkin' off, and every main character dieing in a gruesome fashion.

only1Z

Smash Champion
I thought it retconned the last two with the movie? Well whatevs, and then there are the ova's to consider as round 2 after third impact.

Massive

Smash Champion
Movie takes place in 2015, the events in episodes 25 and 26 take place in 2016.
The movie doesn't really retcon anything,
the final 2 episodes take place as shinji is floats alone in EVA01, slowly learning to accept himself.

His AT field was burst while inside the eva and allowed his ego to interact with and recreate humanity, but after his form is reconstituted he is completely alone, floating in space forever. The final 2 episodes are his self realization while suspended weightless in absolute darkness a year after the events of the third impact.

**** gets dark.

Jace08

Smash Lord
It's actually a fairly close (theological) interpretation of one of the main kabbalistic apocalypse scenarios, wherein after great affliction, man must examine himself and rebuild his world accordingly.

There is a pretty heavy smattering of Judeochristian themes, mostly from early Apocrapha and excerpts from the Torah. I figured you probably wouldn't get much out of it, but as someone who has actually studied religion and philosophy fairly extensively, a lot of the implications are pretty interesting to contemplate. An amusing thought experiment, sort of like the ending to the original Full Metal Alchemist, although many people did not appreciate the implications of that either (and the second version was 125125x better).

But you haven't even seen Hook, so why am I even trying to explain this to you.
I've never had this many false assumptions made about me in a block of text before lol

Top Bottom