• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Jace08

Smash Lord
why is jiano so legendary

yeah lux I'm definitely going, it's too close to us to even consider otherwise imo

also for anyone curious, everyone told me that my talk at church went well this morning. My story got a few small laughs out of the crowd (I was only expecting mild amusement anyway, and the kids seemed to at least be paying attention the whole time) which sounded genuine, but I guess I can't be sure. Anyway, I think I really did find ways to tell it better, and it's easier to be more animated when you're talking to kids anyway. The rest of my talk seemed to go pretty well too

thanks for the advice you guys, it really helped me see some changes that definitely needed to be made.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
uh yeah, good parenting prevents/counteracts most bad influences on children. a law such as that being passed would just cement the idea that the world is stupid.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Anyone want to be my go to Melee TO and both BTEH2 and the August KC Gamers Tourney?

Dmac, looking at you because you did so good last time :) :) :)

If not, I want to discuss what rulesset you guys want.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
more specifically, the government doesn't care about gaming/youtube and are getting paid to ruin it if they choose to.
for the people by the people this country is amazing

bunnyavenger

Smash Cadet
I would personally punch everyone in the face who votes yes on that if it passes, I mean if odds are I'll go to jail anyway why not right? The copyright rules are already so over-enforced as it is on things that cause no monetary loss to companies because of the magical land where if no one could see/hear your product without paying for it that everyone would spend 10-25-60 bucks on it. The truth is that most streaming/pirating is done by people who wouldn't pay for things anyway or at least would wait until the things could be bought used, but they assume that if someone can't download something that they will pay the day 1 price on it and total it up as revenue lost to piracy. Honestly unless you are making money off of their product by bootlegging or actually physically stealing their merchandise there should be no penalty to an individual who isn't causing the problem.

But I guess I should of learned by now that getting to management or higher in a company makes you common sense ******** based on all prior experience with managers in this town and their hiring practices, so why should I expect any different of government officials.

Smash Lord
quote where'd you put my DS
I think I left it on the back seat, If it's not there, It might have slipped under the seat.

Just as a side note, I think I heard somewhere that American copyright law sets the standard throughout the world, so chances are this will extend internationally.

Not happy to say the least.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Yo Massive, can you PM me your number?

Also are you guys coming for sure to the next pathways? You should. For one, it's going to be awesome. Two, CoMo is coming again. Three, there's a chance some of the guys from STL will be back. And four, it's going to be awesome.

Massive

Smash Champion
http://act.demandprogress.org/letter/ten_strikes?akid=700.450896.5hVZPC&rd=1&t=1

http://shoryuken.com/2011/06/29/trolling-the-stream-by-ultradavid/

Use the first link to send a letter. This is pretty serious guys. Especially for you, dmac.

Second link is an article about how the government is trying to ruin gaming/youtube.
This isn't going to pass, mostly because the way it is worded would also cause severe damage to the radio and television industries who are currently or in the near future will be using online broadcasts -rebroadcasting certain events/copyrights without authorization under what is currently considered fair use. The Radio lobby is among the best in the United States, and as much as companies like Comcast hate the internet, they know it is the new source of revenue and advertisement for them. It would require a severely ******** mindset to even consider damaging the already profitable emerging web market.

This is all even before Google gets involved (if it needs to). Google is terrifyingly powerful; they have enough money to pay off even the sponsor of this bill to destroy it. Their best interest is against this bill, and I would not be surprised to see it struck down merely because it opposes them.

This would also redefine fair use, and redefining anything is HARD. Politicians will always gravitate towards retaining the status quo.

These are just a few reasons why politics is ********.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Precedent is fairly important in politics, yes. Many Supreme Court cases are decided upon it.

dmac

Smash Champion
cj my psn name is dmac6000, connection isn't so hot tho.. if you have a headset we can work **** out online

ks0ccergk

Smash Cadet
cj my psn name is dmac6000, connection isn't so hot tho.. if you have a headset we can work **** out online
Alright dmac. I'm C0brah__. I'll add you here in a bit.

Also, this is my fighting stick:

Alsox2: I'm watching those videos on SRK.com, and i didn''t know about buffering. That seems legit.

Massive

Smash Champion
So, who wants to go to the July 16th tourney in Springfield?

If we get enough dudes we can actually make Jace drive his van for once.

Top Bottom