• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Jace08

Smash Lord
no I'm ready to pick up ganon lol, my falcon apparently sucks vs ics

super fun tourney though! dmac thanks for driving

Vts

Smash Champion
no I'm ready to pick up ganon lol, my falcon apparently sucks vs ics

super fun tourney though! dmac thanks for driving
just practice more!!!!

don't give up on your main!!!

i've had hard match ups but i've never changed just stick with it you'll feel so much better when you beat someone who tries to counter pick with characters.

also never counter pick a map you may not like just if the match up is bad for the other person's character, rainbow cruise use to be my counter pick so i'm pretty good on that stage lol.

was fun playing you jace we will get some more matches at MIST before the tournament and i'll try to help you out with the IC match up the best i can

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Singles
1. Atma
2. Ihavespaceballs
3. G. Vice
4. VTS
5. dmac
5. Jace
I'm like 90% sure those are correct lol

Doubles
1. dmac and Jace
2. Ihavespaceballs and G. Vice
3. Atma and Blitz
I'm 100% sure these are correct
make sure Terral posts those results

Smash Lord
Thanks for taking me guys. Glad I went.

I'm also really glad we ended up doing pools. I got to play a lot of people I likely otherwise wouldn't have.

I'm thinking about picking up Samus now thanks to Ihavespaceballs. It looks like a lot of fun.

D

Deleted member

jace if you werent the worst ever you could just play marth

btw cool HoN matches

rei_vincent

Smash Ace
It's at 135th and Quivira in Overland Park at this bar called The Buzzz. dmac should be coming if he doesn't have to work :(

There's also weekly hookups at this place every Wednesday night. dmac and I have gone the last 3 times, it's a lot of fun and really good training.

Jace08

Smash Lord
SO who's coming to maxout this weekend?! I'll be entering SSF4:AE and MvC3... You guys should come! dmac? Phatgamer? Z? JACE?!
hmmm I was looking forward to massive smash this week. But I'll just go to what everyone else goes to lol. What are the rest of you guys doing saturday?

Massive

Smash Champion
hmmm I was looking forward to massive smash this week. But I'll just go to what everyone else goes to lol. What are the rest of you guys doing saturday?
Huh? Smash is on.

I doubt I'll even be there past 6, honestly. I'm just not good enough at AE to stay in the bracket for too long, lol.

Jace08

Smash Lord
well this crew is just all about giving me what I want today lol

good clux at the tourney tomorrow afternoon then, I'll swing by for part of it

rei_vincent

Smash Ace
Yeah I advise everyone to come for epic good times. I have a SMASH BROS MELEE money match setup with some dude from SRK for $50! You can also come watch me win MvC3 :D

It'll be fun and I miss everyone :(

Jace08

Smash Lord
Yeah I advise everyone to come for epic good times. I have a SMASH BROS MELEE money match setup with some dude from SRK for $50! You can also come watch me win MvC3 :D

It'll be fun and I miss everyone :(
my bad for missing this, I really wanted to see that money match lol

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
So I got a chance to meet up with that KCGamer guy that's hosting the tournament that popped up without anyone knowing who he was.

We met in person, and based on the meeting he seems legit.

That being said, he wanted me to help him run the Smash stuff since he mostly has a background in running FPS tournaments.

I think it seems like a huge opportunity to get a company to sponsor an event without us having to risk venue fees and stuff since he has it covered.

Yall should think about coming :)

Top Bottom