• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

only1Z

Smash Champion
So one massive smash...and one wnf...cooooool :D

Ziv quit pushing that ****! dmac will give the go ahead anywho :p

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Does anyone have a purple controller with a clear bottom half I could buy? I've been looking for one for months... thanks

papermarkis

Smash Lord
KC Srk is willing to host a Melee tournament during our August 13th Screenland Showdown tournament. They'll even give us projector access. I invited those of you I know from Facebook using the events feature. Who else is interested?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I have a wedding to go to that day otherwise I'd likely be up for it markis.

also Net Warz

RevEvolution

Smash Rookie
Hey, I just registered to this forum because I have been looking to play smash with other people in my area (Lawrence) and I was interested in starting to go to tournaments. I am definitely better then the average smasher but probably would get massacred against people who have been going to tournaments for a while. I was wondering if this topic was for Melee only or does it include Brawl and the 64 versions as well? I play all three, although I am probably weakest as Melee because I haven't had too much practice incorporating shffle, wavedashing, etc on people who are actually good. My roommates kind of suck. Do you guys get together in Lawrence in preparations for tournaments and such? Would it be cool if I met up with some of you guys to smash with?

Edit: Oh! I forgot. We also have a big screen tv (although it is a box one) at our apartment with Melee and Brawl hooked up to it. So if anyone lives around the Meadowbrook apts off Bob Billings and Iowa you are welcome to gather there to play.

Jace08

Smash Lord
^I wanna celebrate with dudes! what do you want to do on your birthday phat? Do you still want to go to the netwarz tourney? We could do bdubs after, that'd be fun

Hey, I just registered to this forum because I have been looking to play smash with other people in my area (Lawrence) and I was interested in starting to go to tournaments. I am definitely better then the average smasher but probably would get massacred against people who have been going to tournaments for a while. I was wondering if this topic was for Melee only or does it include Brawl and the 64 versions as well? I play all three, although I am probably weakest as Melee because I haven't had too much practice incorporating shffle, wavedashing, etc on people who are actually good. My roommates kind of suck. Do you guys get together in Lawrence in preparations for tournaments and such? Would it be cool if I met up with some of you guys to smash with?

Edit: Oh! I forgot. We also have a big screen tv (although it is a box one) at our apartment with Melee and Brawl hooked up to it. So if anyone lives around the Meadowbrook apts off Bob Billings and Iowa you are welcome to gather there to play.
Sup dude! It's nice to see someone new looking to play us. Right now dmac and z live in lawrence, with honda just 20 minutes away in Topeka. They're all really legit and play melee, you should play them. Oh yeah, and potts plays 64 and melee, and he's crazy good at 64.

The main thing to know though is that we all get together and play saturday nights at massive's place in kc. You definitely don't want to miss these, they're really fun. Dunno what our exact schedule is for this coming week though. We're trying to move massive smash to friday night so that arkive and 8bit can come hang with us before they leave

RevEvolution

Smash Rookie
Sup dude! It's nice to see someone new looking to play us. Right now dmac and z live in lawrence, with honda just 20 minutes away in Topeka. They're all really legit and play melee, you should play them. Oh yeah, and potts plays 64 and melee, and he's crazy good at 64.

The main thing to know though is that we all get together and play saturday nights at massive's place in kc. You definitely don't want to miss these, they're really fun. Dunno what our exact schedule is for this coming week though. We're trying to move massive smash to friday night so that arkive and 8bit can come hang with us before they leave
Thanks man, that would be awesome. Glad everyone seems friendly. Friday and Saturday night work out for now for me as well. Don't have a ton going then so I would definitely be up for that. Count me in, lol. I'll keep my eyes on this forum that way I know when you guys are playing.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
So the August 13th Screenland Tournament is a definite no from everyone?

I mean we're trying to get as big of a turnout as possible because we got some high profile players coming from NYC and the tourney host is giving us room to set up Melee to get better attendance and get the KC fighting game scene and Smash scene together.

D

Deleted member

Stop barking up that tree Jace, Friday night smash is not going to happen, lol.
Dude that really breaks my balls. like me and nick are only here till 5pm on saturday so that would mean that we couldn't chill with you guys at all, which would suck ****.

:phone:

rei_vincent

Smash Ace
Most of you don't know who they are, but EMP is coming to Screenland Showdown 2 on August 13th. That includes Yipes, Dieminion, Evil Rashaan, and even Sanford Kelly. This is huge for KC and you guys need to step it up and come! The tournament host has also said that he would like Melee to be a tournament event, so spread the word!

Also I would have thought that Friday Smash this week would be no question seeing as it's the only chance to visit with Arkive and 8bit? I know you guys miss them. Who wouldn't come anyways? Forreal

Massive

Smash Champion
I'm not saying no smash on Friday, I'm saying there will probably only be like 2 dudes there.
I'm not trying to be a ****, but nobody showing up is the reason we don't do smash on Fridays.

edit: I know you seem to ignore about 90% of my posts warning you about ****, but,

Papermarkis: The midwest net warz thing has a brawl tourney attached. If you are trying to get it moved, you would have to include brawl as well. I'm pretty sure if you want to raise SRK's opinions of melee as a legitimate game you would try to avoid brawl at all costs.

Additionally, I'm pretty sure he already has the venue reserved, and is lining up sponsors and whatnot.

Jace08

Smash Lord
the screenland tourney sounds great but the midwest netwarz happens to be the same day. I'd go to any srk future events if they had melee for sure though

how could people not go friday niiiiiight? it's arkive and 8bit!

Massive

Smash Champion
Maybe Jace or Raith should hold smash at their place instead?

It'd probably less driving for everyone and I won't have to rush home after work or cancel my Friday night plans.

edit: I thought Nebraska was coming to the KC Net Warz thing, is there MK9 at screenland or something? lol

YOU GUYS GET HYPED.

They are in walking distance of each other.

Massive

Smash Champion
Alright, alright, massivesmash is now on Friday night this week after 6:30.

If you show up before 6:30, only my roommate will be here.
Don't show up before 6:30.

Top Bottom