• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i main Ragna right now, as i enjoy rushdown chars & he's cool imo :o EDIT: what i do doesn't matter, so disregard last sentence!
jin is so irritating... flowchart is 2 good. *****es get 11-hit combo'd if they ice car in on me when im blocking

yeah gl @ genesis guys. you can do it.... else you'll be spending 300+ to lose....

DYC

Smash Champion
i main Ragna right now, as i enjoy rushdown chars & he's cool imo :o EDIT: what i do doesn't matter, so disregard last sentence!
jin is so irritating... flowchart is 2 good. *****es get 11-hit combo'd if they ice car in on me when im blocking

yeah gl @ genesis guys. you can do it.... else you'll be spending 300+ to lose....
They obviously know they aren't going to win. You don't pay the money because yu think you are going to win, you pay it because you enjoy the trip and the company.

D

Deleted member

i main rachel because she looked really cool when i saw videos of her like a year ago then i secondary litchi because i always have to play a chinese chick for some reason.

rpotts

Smash Lord
I am. I went to Jace's smashfest yesterday for the first time, and already want more. Only really interested in 64 though.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
im not doing any smash **** this saturday
playin me some blazblue

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
well yes, markis, cherry smash was canceled. that doesn't mean that ALL smash is canceled, necessarily, but it's pretty unlikely.

Jace08

Smash Lord
I dunno, Stealth... The people in that genesis thread posted enough for all of us during those three days.

@Markis: I am

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I'm going to SMYM10, but with a non-Smash-playing friend, so I'll probably be traveling separately from the rest of the KC guys. Though, what is KC's plan for housing? If you all are going hotel I'd want to stay in the same building/nearby for community's sake.

dmac

Smash Champion
[12:53] deathmac1319: what up markis
[12:54] papermarkis0: nothing
[12:55] deathmac1319: whatcha doooooooooin
[12:55] papermarkis0: nothing
[12:55] deathmac1319: what are you watching playing right now
[12:56] papermarkis0: nothing
[12:56] deathmac1319: god i hate you
[12:56] deathmac1319: are you just staring at nothing
[12:56] papermarkis0: idk

----------------

by popular demand i post this conversation

dmac

Smash Champion
we usually get a hotel or something, probably have to at least get 2 rooms so we'll figure that out as the date nears

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Thanks dmac. By the way, at the next Cherry Smash or whenever we meet do you think you could help me out with the game a bit? I need some of that constructive dmac input...make me your Filipino prodigy

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i want to stop sucking in super smash bros. melee, so watch out guyz... maybe i'll go from bad to okay by Saturday. not likely

also i'm apparently not going to smym10

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i use fox
and.... my dk was okay ;_;

i was shocked too, markis, haha

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
(making this post on the assumption that the "online bull****" is referring to barwl's wifi) this is basically the melee topic, but there are 2 or 3 players in the area who play brawl. go to the Kansas City-JCCC Smash thread if you're looking for brawl.

otherwise, we hold weekly melee meets on saturday's, if you're interested i or someone else can hook you up w/ an address.

EDIT: and if you're looking for Smash 64, JCCC meets I know usually has smash 64. we usually don't @ cherry smash.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Cherry Smash's location may be changing soon. Probably not this month but very likely next month. We have one place in mind that will remain a secret for now, but that doesn't mean we don't need everyone looking for potential reliable smash houses. When we say reliable, we mean available 4 out of 5 Saturdays of every month, available from 5ish to past midnight every Saturday, room for at least 5-6 setups, and giving no one more than an one hour drive.

If this turns out to be someone's house, then we may relive the glory days of Barrio Smash at Darkrain's house and getting ****face wasted every other weekend, I can't wait.

Jace08

Smash Lord
No, he didn't mean it that way Strong Bad. Rpotts plays 64, not brawl.

Rpotts, we have some decent melee and 64 going at our JCCC smashfests, but cherry smash is pretty much where it's at for local smash. Our sat. night meetings happen more often and consistently. And we pretty much only play melee there, but you could try starting some 64 action there. I could bring an extra tv of my own so we don't take any melee setups.

This weekend may not be the best time to start, though, since I'm gonna be out of town, and I don't think too many other 64 players are going to be there. I could be wrong though.

rpotts

Smash Lord
Yea, I was referring to Kaillera and PJ64k, not brawl. I have yet to play online brawl, and have no interest. I have only played melee once or twice, am willing to learn though, if someone wants to sit down with me and get me started. It wouldn't be very fun if I just played with all you guys and got owned constantly. I was watching Jace and Arkive and PC play Melee, and it was mindblowing how fast their fingers were moving. So fast.

I do want to play some 64 if anyone's interested, although I'll go even if all I end up doing is watching people play melee/getting owned at melee. It's still worth meeting other people who are as immersed in these games as I am. Most of my friends make fun of me for how into ssb64 I am so I need to find other people to get my leet on with, lol.

pyroty

Smash Apprentice
Yea, I was referring to Kaillera and PJ64k, not brawl. I have yet to play online brawl, and have no interest. I have only played melee once or twice, am willing to learn though, if someone wants to sit down with me and get me started. It wouldn't be very fun if I just played with all you guys and got owned constantly. I was watching Jace and Arkive and PC play Melee, and it was mindblowing how fast their fingers were moving. So fast.

I do want to play some 64 if anyone's interested, although I'll go even if all I end up doing is watching people play melee/getting owned at melee. It's still worth meeting other people who are as immersed in these games as I am. Most of my friends make fun of me for how into ssb64 I am so I need to find other people to get my leet on with, lol.
You should bring a smash 64 setup to cherry smash when or if you come, I'd be willing to play. Although I'm not too great with the 64 controller, I play on Kaillera with a gamecube controller so yeah... but hey you should hit me up on AIM sometime if you ever wanna smash online. =)

on another note.. GENESIS WAS 222GOOD Can't wait for vids so all of you that didn't attend can see the epicness. Like finals... oh man so good. I'll be uploading some stuff so be sure to subscribe!

http://www.youtube.com/pyroty

Top Bottom