• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Cups

Smash Ace
EVERYONE SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO ME, CUPS.

Okay in light of new information and special guests, Cherry Smash is still on for tomorrow. I, however, will only be there for a few hours, and then I need to go to a wedding. If Markis is up for running this **** while I'm gone then this weekend is still on. Markis and I are greatly rearranging our schedules for this, so nobody give us crap or I'll hire Jayray to do intimidation tactics to people. Be thankful that we love you *******s so much.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
man i hate darkrain </3
<3
probably won't be @ cherry smash this saturday, doing stuff w/ friends. ): cups & markis are pro for making it happen in spite of scheduling conflicts, though.

dmac

Smash Champion
cherry smash wont start until 6:30 today, we're gonna eat dinner at buffalo wildwings beforehand, call me if you wanna come!

Dart

Smash Lord
No one prolly cares but ill be in the Sweet Springs area *about an hour away from Kansas City* if you guys are near there i could prolly meet you in Sedalia or something for some smash * im from IL looking for some people to keep my game up while im spending the 4th of july with the family

rpotts

Smash Lord
I play smash 64 and am curious if anyone would be interested in some casual offline smashing. I am pretty bad at this game, just found out about this whole community recently and am becoming completely immersed in it. I really want to find some skillful players in the area to teach me some ****. *Fingers crossed*

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
smash 64. mmmmmmmmm MMMMMMMMMMMM me and duck would love to play you :) i would keep an eye on the jccc smash thread in this forum, that is where you will find meetings with smash 64

Jace08

Smash Lord
http://wii.ign.com/articles/913/913996p2.html

Lol at Brawl's description.

Those Wii editors on ign always crack me up

No one prolly cares but ill be in the Sweet Springs area *about an hour away from Kansas City* if you guys are near there i could prolly meet you in Sedalia or something for some smash * im from IL looking for some people to keep my game up while im spending the 4th of july with the family
Well normally we hold smashfests on Saturday nights but this week Saturday is the 4th of July. Coops & Markis are we cancelling this week or maybe we could move it to Friday night? Or maybe people will still want to show up on Saturday despite it being a holiday?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
YESS FAN-SERVICE
IGN TOO GOOD

Markis told me that he wouldn't be at Cherry Smash this Saturday if there was one, which means that it's canceled unless Cups is willing to host it.
I'd be able to show up; I'm doing all of my Independence Day stuff today (after I wake up later today.... <_<).

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Fireworks come once a year, smash comes like 2-3 times a week... Why would you do that to yourself?

dmac

Smash Champion
probably wont be comin out this weekend, i'm hangin with mr cooper (not cups) (not markis either, i didn't mean mr cooper like a colored man thing)

papermarkis

Smash Lord
There's no Cherry Smash anyways. It's the Fourth of July, come on.

NO CHERRY SMASH THIS WEEKEND, AND WE MEAN IT. NOT EVEN DARKRAIN COMING CAN SAVE YOU THIS TIME!! MWUHAHAHA!!!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i hear dmac really wants to play blazblue

lets get BB going @ cherry smash, if there are enough TV's... i can bring a 360 & BB & a TE stick (someone else, maybe arkive? would probably have to bring another one) the week after genesis
anyone interested?

EDIT: thanks for your input Z

D

Deleted member

i'm for sure going to bring blazblue to cherry smash when it starts up again

i dont really play melee anymore, and i only go so my brother can play so i'll be playing that the entire time lol

papermarkis

Smash Lord
I've been watching a lot of BlazBlue vids and am really interested and eager to play, even though I have no frickin clue what's happening in the vids. Who should I play? I'm interested in Noel because I really like her character design and V-13 looks kind of fun. Any good place to brush up on the basics of the game other than maybe Shoryuken?

D

Deleted member

I've been watching a lot of BlazBlue vids and am really interested and eager to play, even though I have no frickin clue what's happening in the vids. Who should I play? I'm interested in Noel because I really like her character design and V-13 looks kind of fun. Any good place to brush up on the basics of the game other than maybe Shoryuken?
www.dustloop.com

noel i would say is probably intermediate level difficulty to play while nu is easy to play. most of nu's combos dont use any other button other than the D button, and her lock down makes it so then the opponent really doesnt have a lot of chances of approaching unless you *** up lol. if you want to play to win play nu, and once you want to work for your wins pick noel lol.

Jace08

Smash Lord
If anyone wants some last minute practice before Genesis, I'm holding a smashfest at my house tomorrow evening. Here's my address if you didn't check the other thread:

13842 S Sycamore St
Olathe, KS 66062

Let me know if you plan on coming.

Top Bottom