• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i believe Arkive is bringing BlazBlue
i can ask about bringin' a TV.
maybe pyro will bring those absolute ghetto 9" TV's!!

dmac

Smash Champion
super fun cherry smash, thanks to the random st louis guys for showin up, thanks rpotts for beating my *** in ssb64... so hard...

also markis wtf 6 large pizzas....

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Good Cherry Smash yesterday, I feel like I'm getting a little better after every time...

AAARRRRRMAAAAADDDDDAAAAAAA

rpotts

Smash Lord
Cherry Smash was sweet, so glad I went. Dmac, have you played Arkive in 64? His Fox is unstoppable, I have only beat his fox once... with Kirby, lol. He's so good at pressure, and comboing. If you think I'm good, he's several times better than I am. 8bit's also really good a 64.

I played one of those randoms that showed up on 64, completely destroyed him. I played some of the best games I have ever played, I feel kind of bad, he hadn't played the 64 in years and I showed him all of my moves. Dair -> Falcon Pawnch ftw.

Cherry Smash on for next week? I'm coming if it is. Also, anyone wanna play during the week? I'm down.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
if it's on next week then that's cool, we could use some practice for the tourney next sunday
and maybe nebraska would show up for cherry smash if they're coming on saturday.

if it's on for next saturday i'll try not to forget my fightstick -_-

DYC

Smash Champion
So in other words, you will never support a local tourney because you might lose to the same people you play on Saturdays? Seems pretty weak to me.

Uli

Smash Champion
Kyon-kun, denwa~

umm anyway
i think some NE folk are going to gigabrawl
so is there cherry smash going on on saterday?
i think we may come there later
im not even 100% sure if we are going to giga yet
just throwing this out there

you guys going to the melee tourny on sunday?!

papermarkis

Smash Lord
So in other words, you will never support a local tourney because you might lose to the same people you play on Saturdays? Seems pretty weak to me.
Go to tourney: Lose money, play people I'll see that night anyways
Don't go to tourney: Gain money, play the same people that night

I mean, I only have early morning shifts that Saturday anyways, but if the chance to gain money comes up I'm taking it.

EDIT: A quick check of the thread shows that the Melee portion is actually on Sunday. I actually don't have any scheduled shifts on Sunday, so I'll be there unless something comes up.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yea the tourney is on sunday
i think cherry smash is still on for saturday, Uli, if so i'd think that NE would be welcome to come for it before the tourney on sunday.

i actually have a shift for saturday evening (lame) so i won't be at cherry smash this saturday. im sure you all will be heavily disappointed without my presence at cherry smash.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Armada v. M2K is up
Holy ****
ARRRRRMMMAAAAAADAAAAAAA
It's up to you guys to make me as good as him

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
im surprised with how fast SMYM10 is coming, im definately going to that.
have fun
& rep that young link, you **** with him.

oh yeah.
pound 4 is going to be MLK weekened 2010. if anyone plans on going (or if the crew decides to do some carpooling or something, idk it's like 16 hrs from KC o.o) you should register soon, as the price will go up on the 1st of every month.

dmac

Smash Champion
i need a serious headcount for smym, so far theres me, jturley ,phatboy ,black pyro, white pyro, and black markis.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Wait, weren't you the guy who abandoned all his friends for months to play kissy-kiss with his gf everyday? Or am I mistaken?

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
dmac, have you found a hotel yet?

BTW
MANGO V. ARMADA OMGGGG
AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Cups

Smash Ace
oh no he didn't

OKAY FELLAS I WANT A GOOD CLEAN FIGHT LISTEN TO MY COMMANDS AT ALL TIMES AND DEFEND YOURSELF AT ALL TIMES. I WANT ALL PUNCHES ABOVE THE BELT AND NOTHING BEHIND THE HEAD, TOUCH GLOVES AND WHEN THE BELL RINGS COME OUT FIGHTING.

DING!

only1Z

Smash Champion
Dyc would so dominate markis, then his knee would give out...giving markis the superior edge over an old destroyed body.

Oh and markis wishes he had someone to play kissy kiss with and a good job, shazzam.

Cups

Smash Ace
Dyc would so dominate markis, then his knee would give out...giving markis the superior edge over an old destroyed body.

Oh and markis wishes he had someone to play kissy kiss with and a good job, shazzam.
but markis works the front desk...and only two guys to this fight mah dude.

papermarkis

Smash Lord

But you have no job at all and no girl either. So are you here to be DYC's good dog and do his job for him?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
imo, dyc isn't really "abandoning his friends" by having a life (i.e. a wimminz and a job) and having other commitments, especially since like 25-50% of the people at cherry smash who were his "friends," moved to Texas a couple months ago.

cherry smash would be way cooler if phat & dyc still showed up though

and those last two posts don't sound like markis at all, I call shenanigans

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
word on the street is z doesn't have a girl, he has several. watchu talkin' 'bout markis.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
imo, dyc isn't really "abandoning his friends" by having a life (i.e. a wimminz and a job) and having other commitments, especially since like 25-50% of the people at cherry smash who were his "friends," moved to Texas a couple months ago.

cherry smash would be way cooler if phat & dyc still showed up though

and those last two posts don't sound like markis at all, I call shenanigans
We all have lives, suddenly getting one is no excuse, especially when you're calling out other people on it.

Top Bottom