• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hey I was wondering if there are any players in the Kansas City/Lawrence area that are interested in playing some Brawl+.

Aka people who are tired of the regular campfest, random tripping, and MK ruling tournament scenes.

If you don't know what Brawl+ is, go here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=213744

Right now I'm just looking for people who want to play offline friendlies over the weekends or even during the week if you have time.

Eventually, if we get enough people we could probably make some sweet tournaments too.

So either PM me or reply to this post if you're interested.

Thanks,

Wing
i currently play Brawl + on the side & live in lee's summit, so if you're looking for some plussin' im pretty much it.
currently i'm taking driver's ed but i'm usually free (driver's ed takes 14 hours of each week, so i should be free most of the time) so hope to play some friendlies w/ you =)

Cups

Smash Ace
you brought us the rap chop and that's the only reason we keep you around, you should thank your lucky stars for vince

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Thanks for coming down you guys! Thanks for dinner phat!

Did anyone record any vids from the tourney?

<3 Midwest

pyroty

Smash Apprentice
We didn't get anything recorded because some of our recording equipment was left in Kansas. But yeah, good tourney D'oH.
Nah we actually brought all of it, we just accidently left Jfro's laptop at the appartment when we left for the venue. Epic fail. =(

Cups

Smash Ace
according to the advertisement banner, stubble is for noobs

make sure you are all properly shaven this weekend

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
was fun teaming w/ you jace. we got 3rd out of 6! team amazing!!11

rezo

Smash Apprentice
hajime no ippo is the best series in the whole f***ing world. IT DOES NOT DISAPPOINT LIKE NARUTO

papermarkis

Smash Lord
looks like someone just stumbled onto takamura v bryan hawk.

of course naruto disappoints, it and bleach are the worst things to ever come to america. It's about a ninja wearing an orange jumpsuit. I wish people would've listened to me when i talked about this like 5 years ago.

this is cups

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i never understood naruto. a ninja (read: ninjas are usually attempting stealth) wearing a bright orange jumpsuit yeahh!
i've been kinda meh about any dubbed anime.... case closed is like the only one i've liked and i prefer the sub anyway :(

only1Z

Smash Champion
Sometimes it helps to watch the fall of an empire. Naruto is GOOD again after an arc of pointless fights and kiddy concepts that were trashed immediately. Bleach....had it's moments. No room for complaints if you haven't read a series. I'm waiting for dmac's fanfare of One Piece...but it's been like a week already.
Everyone's meh about dubbed strong bad, don't be dumb.

D

Deleted member

holy crap one piece is the best thing to have ever come out of japan.
i'm hoping this is sarcasm, because if it isn't i lol'd

Haruhi 2's second episode came out today yayuhzzz, now that ****s the best thing to come out of japan lol

Cups

Smash Ace
all anime/manga aside im glad there's something for everyone out there

I have a concern with what i saw today. I went downstairs to put some laundry in, and then realized there isn't any furniture downstairs where we typically play. No couches, tables, nothing. We may be in some trouble. You all will know what's going on by Sat, but this may have something to do with Cherry closing soon.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
The irony about them taking the furniture out, is that Cherry today actually opened again. It's been closed all summer and is now open again for the summer camps that are coming. So there will be desk attendants to open doors for peoples.

But yeah, Naruto had such a good arc going until they decided "Hey, you know how this arc had a crap load of major character deaths? Yeah, lets just bring them all back at the end of it making this awesome arc entirely pointless and make the main villain of the series suddenly switch sides because of the most under whelming speech Naruto ever gave."

And Bleach just simply doesn't know what characters to focus on. They introduce all these awesome characters during the SS arc, just for us to not see any of them for 100 chapters. Then they introduce the vizards, who are MIA for like forever and were also pretty interesting. Then the Espada, who were kind of cool but they rather make everyone fight a bunch of cannon fodder arrancar instead of getting to the fights everyone wants to see. Then we have the completely stupid plot twists this arc has given us like Yammi's real Espada number (seriously, are they trolling us with this one?), and Soi Fon's bankai. Seriously, how'd they mess that one up? Character bankai's were always some of the coolest parts of the series.

Naruto may actually redeem itself, since it was just a single chapter that ruined everything. I doubt Bleach will ever be good again considering this entire arc that's been going on for over 2 years, and still on the same ****ing day has only recently gotten worse.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Hajime no Ippo is very beast, only being bested by One Piece, Gurren Lagann, GTO, and Death Note. Sadly Arkive can't understand this because he doesn't have the soul of a MAN. Haruhi pssht. It's good but it's no Gurren Lagann dood. Naruto is also back to being pretty good, no doubt about it, but I agree with Markis on Bleach. I think soul society was the first and last good arc.

only1Z

Smash Champion
I probably waited about a year or so for that Ulquiorra fight......and it was so awful.....so awful ~_~

papermarkis

Smash Lord
I probably waited about a year or so for that Ulquiorra fight......and it was so awful.....so awful ~_~
I knew not to expect much from the Ulquiorra fight considering the Grimmjaw one was terrible in the manga. The Grimmjaw fight was surprisingly pretty good in the anime though.

Top Bottom