• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
um how long have you read this thread? lol. KC is pretty much only melee, with only me, fino, and mjg playing brawl. if you want to wifi i dont mind doing it, just not tonight, i have a take home final to do. if you want melee go to cherry smash. if you want melee with some brawl you should come to our jccc meetings.

also E52 is all melee. gigabrawl, which is (i think) going to be in late july, will have brawl and melee.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Of course I'm not good. I use Donkey Kong.
See you guys at Event 52. Should be fun.
Oh you are not going to make character johns in this thread. Jturley plays Young Link and ***** everyone save for our top 6 with him. Andy plays Pikachu and can beat any of us. If Z can be beaten by Kirby, anything can happen.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Oh you are not going to make character johns in this thread. Jturley plays Young Link and ***** everyone save for our top 6 with him. Andy plays Pikachu and can beat any of us. If Z can be beaten by Kirby, anything can happen.
Speaking of which, Thomas and I were playing a random DotA game and noticed that there was somebody in the game named shfflnair. We talked to him a bit and it turns out it was N64!

Jace08

Smash Lord
So I finished the video today. Except for like credits and stuff. It turned out really well, imo. I think everyone's gonna like it.

Well if there's no cherry smash, then I might as well put it up on youtube tomorrow then. No point in making people wait.

Does anyone know if you have to do anything special to make the vid available in high quality? I'm compressing to quicktime first from Final Cut, and then uploading from there fyi.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I wasn't being serious.

pc: haha, that is awesome.

only1Z

Smash Champion
THAT'S WHATS SO GREAT ABOUT THE INTERNET, if someone points out something stupid you say, all you have to do is go JK JK.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
dammit z i can't tell if you're serious or not because of the caps.

rage.

darkrain

Smash Ace
Tournament is getting close.

I need to know who can bring a setup to E-52. I'm hoping to have at least 24, more TV's for friendlies is always good though. A setup is a TV AND a gamecube, not just one of them. I'm going to start a list, if you can bring one then step up.

college: 8
darkrain: 5
dmac: 2
stealth: 1
duck: 1
jace: 1
markis: 1
jturley: 1
arkive/8bit: 1
hondafoo: 1
cups: ?
jfro: ?
pryo: ?
pc: ?
phat: ?

Total: 22

Yeah we will also need enough cubes/wii's to cover the college tv's. So if you can bring an extra cube that would be good too.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i can bring my usual, TV + wii + melee + card. duck should be able to bring the same stuff. ill see if i can get a friend to lend a wii + melee, as we will need more games then tvs.

rezo

Smash Apprentice
i can bring sandwiches cut into little squares. but they're all for me.

Fino

Smash Master
You guys can use my t.v. again if you need it. The ridiculously heavy 32 inch if jace remembers XD.

You can also use my crappy old t.v.... but it's reaching its last few hours so idk. It'd suck if the screen SD'd in the middle of a tournament match.

~Fino

Jace08

Smash Lord
Nevermind about seeing the video online today... I hit some big issues in trying to get the video on youtube or fileshare or pretty much anything. The video itself is completely finished in Final Cut form, and it looks great. So today I converted it to quicktime, only to see the file size become 1.4 GB. That's way too big to do anything with, especially put on youtube with their 100mb limit.

And if I compress it down to 100 mb, the video will look terrible. So it's either don't upload it at all or upload a really awful-looking video. Maybe I can mess with the settings though to make it look not quite as bad? I dunno, Final Cut and youtube just don't seem to mix well.

I could do video google for an okay-looking video. I've uploaded stuff there pretty easily before. But I was hoping for youtube so people could see the vid in high quality...

Anyone with uploading experience have any advice?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Nevermind about seeing the video online today... I hit some big issues in trying to get the video on youtube or fileshare or pretty much anything. The video itself is completely finished in Final Cut form, and it looks great. So today I converted it to quicktime, only to see the file size become 1.4 GB. That's way too big to do anything with, especially put on youtube with their 100mb limit.

And if I compress it down to 100 mb, the video will look terrible. So it's either don't upload it at all or upload a really awful-looking video. Maybe I can mess with the settings though to make it look not quite as bad? I dunno, Final Cut and youtube just don't seem to mix well.

I could do video google for an okay-looking video. I've uploaded stuff there pretty easily before. But I was hoping for youtube so people could see the vid in high quality...

O_O 1.4 GB? what the.
you could try opening the normal video file in Windows Movie Maker -> File -> Save Movie File -> Computer > Whatever > Best Fit to File Size and make that as small as you can

but it sounds like something is horribly wrong if it's a gigabyte... if you can't get that to work you could burn it to a disc or two and have some of us try to compress it without losing too much quality...

pyroty

Smash Apprentice

If it's that big just re-export it out of Final Cut at not (Full I'm guessing?) quality, It's not going to make it look horrible, or it shouldn't anyway. How long is the video?

PS: Can I get a count of how many people would still be willing to smash this Saturday? I have the perfect place, It's my aunt's new house, and I think her basement would be amazing for smash, so I thought this would be a good test run to see how well it would work since there won't be everybody. So yeah if I can get enough people to confirm coming I might throw everything together to make it happen. I've got 3 TVs I can bring from my house,and there's two pretty nice TV's at her house we can use, and a few cubes but unfortunately only one melee disk, so I'll need those. I'll tell jfro to bring his and see if I can get a hold of anymore copies. so yeah just post if you can come or not. =)

btw I live about 10 minutes up 435 North from the barrio if you need to know, which is also where my aunt lives. (I'll post address if I get enough people and confirmation on making this happen)

Edit: Oh and I can bring one full setup and an extra cube to E52, and mark Jfro down for one full as well.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yea i want to get some more smashin' in before e-52 so count me in.
2 cubes + melee discs and no dad btw.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Yeah, you guys are probably right. I guess I have to change a lot of the upload settings from Final Cut, and it probably won't look as bad as I made it out to be. The vid is only 6 and a half minutes long, so yeah I probably should have realized that my export from final cut was the problem.

I think I'll have time to try and work this out tomorrow at school. Thanks for the advice guys.

And Pyro I can probably come this Saturday.

CFMV

"The Marf"
I have a ****load of video transcoding software. If you still have problems with it i can probably convert it for you.

Oh, and I'm up for smash this weekend too, Ty.

Top Bottom