• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
personally i didn't think it was cool for people to go into your room to take your stuff markis. :(

ggs guys, i had a lot of fun. ^^

Cups

Smash Ace
Personally, I thought it was a laugh riot that dmac and I broke into his room. I'd never felt so alive before that moment, but when we busted in there and took as much as we could carry, my body started tingling and I felt this overwhelming sense of power and authority. We hit several other rooms after that, laughing menacially like men with nothing to lose. It was in that feeling of authority that we built camaraderie, and as that feeling returned over and over again during our lootings, I truly knew what it meant to be a man. I knew what it felt like to have a rock hard ****. A **** that could only be as hard if I were to beat it against a tree for hours on end every day of my life. Thank you Markis, thank you for giving me the feeling of being a man.

Now do you think it was cool that we went in Markis' room?

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
That's probably how you comboed my Peach into oblivion so many times--the rock hard **** seems to be her weakness

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Is anyone else planning to quit smash after Event 52/genesis? I've been thinking about this for a while. My short attention span can't hold onto this game for much longer. I feel like my enthusiasm for getting better has gone away. I love hanging out with you guys but if I don't wanna play the games that you guys are then there isn't much hope. :(

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
not me.

is there going to be cherry smash next week? or anymore this school year for that matter?

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I've been training religiously for Event 52 in hopes that I can make it out of pools, but something tells me that afterward I won't be playing nearly as much as I am now

Melfice z

Smash Ace
are you guys talkin about the cherry street near the college cause thats not too far from where i live! ive been trying to find other people to smash with other than my two scrubby friends lmao

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Cherry Smash will continue until August of this year. After that, we'll need a new weekly place to Smash at.
thanks markis. ^.^

i agree with z about the cricketing, most of that stuff is pretty weak. but yeah other z, we meet every saturday at 5:30 pm in the basement of the umkc cherry street residence hall, you should come sometime. we love new blood...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s15vfbVNUY4 <-- imo would be good for a combo vid.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
thanks markis. ^.^

i agree with z about the cricketing, most of that stuff is pretty weak. but yeah other z, we meet every saturday at 5:30 pm in the basement of the umkc cherry street residence hall, you should come sometime. we love new blood...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s15vfbVNUY4 <-- imo would be good for a combo vid.
Strongbad you have to remember that a majority of this world doesn't like screamo/hardcore music, although I do, I don't think it would fit for a combo video.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
pc: i said imo... boad is barely screamo, anyway, lol. some bands scream everything.
yea i guess most wouldn't like it but a combo video would rule with burden of a day. oh well. i think just about any (not crap) song would go well in a darkrain video so im not worried.

i need some good sheik practice this saturday... anyone willing to help?

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
screamo sucks pc chris from arizona.

screamo sucks

screamo sucks

trance/rave/techno is where its at
I love most rock genres, along with screamo and hardcore, but not limited to only those.

I also really love trance/pop/electronic. Underground rap/easy listening are starting to grow on me a lot also. Lupe Fiasco and Nujabes are geniuses.

But what I love more than anything, are old video game soundtracks. Nothing can beat 5v5 DotA games with the Chrono Trigger soundtrack playing. Sonic The Hedgehog and Ocarina of Time are musts also.

And yeah strong bad, Burden of a Day is technically screamo.

pyroty

Smash Apprentice
Pendulum-slam
ftw.

Also I agree with cups on using something with not so much lyrics, ( I think hes the one that said that ) and also shy away from using anything too mainstream, not that I care cause I'll probably have a copy of it, but it'd be nice to not have it muted on youtube.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
ftw.

Also I agree with cups on using something with not so much lyrics, ( I think hes the one that said that ) and also shy away from using anything too mainstream, not that I care cause I'll probably have a copy of it, but it'd be nice to not have it muted on youtube.
Yeah I gave quite a few without lyrics if I recall. I dunno I think our best bet is the duke nukem song and something else. The mute city remake by power glove would be too easy.

only1Z

Smash Champion
Cups offered a hip hop feel with minimal lyrics idea, but jace needs things of substance. If you don't post a song leading him in the right direction, it wont help him. :p

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
for screamo id reccomend as i lay dying by 94 hours ^^
As I Lay Dying is god, but it's not really screamo. If you ever want to see the best concert of your life go to an AILD show. Best crowd ever. It went from wall of pain to circle pit to mosh pit all one after the other. BLOOD STAINS ERRWHERE.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Edited more today and yeah the Duke Nukem theme works really well with what I've got, so that's what I went with. Much of the first segment is already done.

For the 2nd song, I actually like Pendelum - Slam the best. Powerglove mute city and Progressive Attack were good too imo.

Also, does anyone besides Darkrain want something from Lil Wayne in this video? Personally I think it's too lyric dependent and doesn't fit.

Top Bottom