• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
im getting a dvd recorder on my bday (may 12th) so if you want me to bring that on the 16th i can. you could rip dvd's directly to your computer. that is, of course, if darkrain's going to be in missouri that week.

we could also record any of darkrain's tourney matches at e-52, dunno if you'd want to wait until then. :o i also have some pretty good instumental music and stuff, i'll get you some links and see if you like them/think they'll fit, jace.

Jfro

Smash Cadet
or i could bring up my computer and Pyro's dazzle so we can make some more D.rain history

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
idk, w/e works for you guys. i don't mind bringing a dvd recorder & just giving jace the dvds that are recorded. the main difference would be i get to churry smursh like 2 or 3 hours before and leave 2 or 3 hours before you guys.

jbm: i wasn't trying to humor you. :3

Jace08

Smash Lord
@Jfro & Strong Bad: It's nice of you guys to offer, but I'm good on recording equipment. Basically, I just meant we needed more time to record before Darkrain leaves for Texas, but after editing more today, I'm convinced that I have enough really good footage for me to put the vid online next week. Another cherry smash worth of recording won't hurt, though.

^I'll keep that in mind Coops. Still need more song suggestions. Come on mangs. If I don't get enough suggestions I'll just record Dmac saying "wobbely wobbely wobbely" and synch that to the video

Also, what title do you guys think I should give the video? I don't really have any ideas... Maybe "Mind Reader?"

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
@Jfro & Strong Bad: It's nice of you guys to offer, but I'm good on recording equipment. Basically, I just meant we needed more time to record before Darkrain leaves for Texas, but after editing more today, I'm convinced that I have enough really good footage for me to put the vid online next week. Another cherry smash worth of recording won't hurt, though.

^I'll keep that in mind Coops. Still need more song suggestions. Come on mangs. If I don't get enough suggestions I'll just record Dmac saying "wobbely wobbely wobbely" and synch that to the video

Also, what title do you guys think I should give the video? I don't really have any ideas... Maybe "Mind Reader?"
Jace I got like 12 songs uploading on rapidshare for ya. It's hard to pick music for a video you haven't seen, but I think they could all fit nicely depending on the synchronization. If you don't like any of them I have many more to go through. It's difficult to pick just a few out of 4,000 mp3s. -_-

D

Deleted member

i vote for hardstyle because its the only music that syncs to darkrain's amazingly fast style of play

jace tomorrow at JCCC i'll let you listen to the songs i think would go well with the video.

Raining Blood

darkrain is hardcore like that

dmac

Smash Champion
in honor of 3D realms going out of business i suggest a super heavy metal version of the duke nukem 3d theme, i'm sure it exists somewhere

dmac

Smash Champion
the more i think about it duke nukem is just an american version of captain falcon with no helmet. just the manliest ****er in videogames nothing to see here. it is kinda short though depending on how much footage jace wants to use, so probably need another song?

Jace08

Smash Lord
^Made me lol. Pc it will take me a bit to check out your songs, but I'm glad *you* put em up.

And yeah Dmac I've got about 5 minutes of footage put together, and then this week's cherry smash will probaby add about 30-70 seconds to that, so yeah, we'll probably need two songs here.

So far I'm liking the Duke Nukem the best. Raining Blood... eh, it's alright, but we can do better. What do you guys think of Dragonforce or maybe something like Enter Sandman from Metallica?

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
So far I'm liking the Duke Nukem the best. Raining Blood... eh, it's alright, but we can do better. What do you guys think of Dragonforce or maybe something like Enter Sandman from Metallica?
Dragonforce is overrated, and old rock is old for a reason. Besides, this video has to be something FRESH. Something that will make those melee vid stubs be like "SONG NAME!?!?" even though it's right in the description/credits.

Combined melee and brawl tourney in june!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=233110

EDIT: ugh why did i know you would be in here fino -.-'
If you ban metaknight I'll actually play in the brawl tourney. I don't joke around! Do something ballsy, be a good tourney host and help this poor game!

BRAWL!

you know you love it ;D
You should come show us how to win with no skill in a game with no depth. Free monies :p

~Fino
Ugh, **** these creepers.

8====D <--------Aren't you just adorable! YUP :]

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i have my opinions on mk, which you would not like, but this is a CIRCUIT event, so ultimately the choice is up to them, and while it is mixed opinions about mk they will not ban them, though i have heard that the SBR may be banning mk after genesis. if that happens all future brawl tourneys at KC will be without MK.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Yeah I guess that stuff I said is pretty generic. Alright, I'm sold on megadeth, so that means we need one more song. That song from Mudvayne's a pretty good suggestion. Keep em coming guys

Lol I'm such a nub at music why did I never listen to anything before?

Edit: Also what do people think of Z's suggestion from awhile back? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OUkexdBXP8

I like it, especially around 2:17.

D

Deleted member

What do you guys think of Dragonforce or maybe something like Enter Sandman from Metallica?
lets review the rules on picking songs for combo videos

1. No Dragonforce
2. No Linkin Park

Top Bottom