• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

DYC

Smash Champion
*Looks at rest of post....
Wow, I guess you don't get what sarcasm means XD nor the implications I was giving. Oh well... "satire is useless these days because of the literacy rate of America."

~Fino
Satire is using vigorously articulate wit to descredit. E-speak does not qualify as satire.

jayray

Smash Apprentice
I'm really tired of the niiggers in this thread. if you're not going to show up to barrio so i can obliterate what little life you have, then gtfo with your sandy vaaginas

Id also like to let it be known... i deleted my brawl data just so i would have room to download F-zero.

that is all.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
We don't really hate Brawl players. Anyone who has said so, thus far has been joking to some extent. We just hate the fact that you guys come into our Melee dominated thread just to troll it. Play Brawl all you want to, however don't cry just because we're making fun of your game. There's no need to get emotional just because someone doesn't like the same games as you do. If you guys were to make fun of Melee, we would just tell you to GTFO like we've been doing. I honestly thought Jesi's gigantic wall of paragraphs sparked the argument since that's what everyone was doing before that post.

Jesi

Smash Ace
if it sparked an argument you must have missed the point, that includes you markis, because the point was that both games are fun, on different levels...and there are different reasons people like them.......so far most people have not understood it and I'm PRETTY SURE most people didnt' even bother to read it because whoever is arguing about it, is either 12 years old, or they can't understand an academic essay written neutrally that benefited both viewpoints.

but whatevs you can blame it on me, i'm not there anyway.

<3 jayray for making me laugh today.

Also Happy Halloween, for what it's worth.

Jace08

Smash Lord
*Continues to inch away from Fino*

No but seriously Fino saying you were joking is no excuse; don't tell people to "chill;" just be a man and apologize for trolling this thread, which is what started this whole thing. Oh, by the way I didn't know you were that serious about getting good at melee, I can teach you a lot more at GIG meetings if you want. Make sure you can actually L-cancel and wavedash first, and we'll go from there. I won't teach you a dang thing though if you keep posting Brawl propaganda where it doesn't belong... like in this thread... which you should have known...

Yeah Markis of all these pages somehow I don't think it was Jesi's post that "sparked" anything... That post had more credibility behind it than the rest of our's combined.

Cups

Smash Ace
i'd simply like to comment lastly on Fino's hypocrisy on saying that we probably don't like Brawl because we suck at it when he complains about Melee when he sucks at it. Don't reply b/c I won't read it or care.

I'd like to play you Fino and I would be more than willing to teach you.

Fino

Smash Master
i'd simply like to comment lastly on Fino's hypocrisy on saying that we probably don't like Brawl because we suck at it when he complains about Melee when he sucks at it. Don't reply b/c I won't read it or care.

I'd like to play you Fino and I would be more than willing to teach you.
I said no such thing... :psycho: lol.
I'll get owned for sure, but I'm up for learning ^_^

~Fino

Jesi

Smash Ace
Thanks Cups and Jace for gettin' my back! :p <3 <3 :D Now you all go out and have a good time t'night ya hear! :p

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
My disappointment has nothing to do with brawl vs. melee, more the melee community and it's attitude / reaction (looks at last 7 pages). linkwoot for example wants to kill/****/burn my house down... or something like that? I'm not even sure...
That was my intention, but I really was kinda joking. I mean, not even I the silly linkw00t would resort to such extremities for an argument. I just felt like it'd be silly.

I mean me and chadou fire up brawl to play HRC, it's pretty fun. Also we have friends over and play 4 player FFA on Hyrule Temple with items set to high. For a complete waste of time it can be entertaining...

About the terrible smells and nerddom I'm not kidding at all though, it was actually kind of a running joke..

BTW don't be talkin **** on my man Soad, less you want to deal with my bodyguard Chadouken.

dmac

Smash Champion
if you haven't left for the barrio yet, don't go, yet. darkrain's place got broken into and he doesn't want people over.

Cups

Smash Ace
Today, while he was at work, someone broke in to the barrio and took his PS3, his Wii, GCN, his brand new laptop, and his Swiss Gear bookbag.

I think everyone should try to think of a way to get this stuff back, Jesi is giving him her wii, I'm giving him my GCN, and he has a small amount of money to start getting his laptop. I think everyone that consistently goes to the barrio should give at least $20 to help get his **** back, but anything would help a lot.

Usually about 15 people go so that should be a good amount of money to help him out=$300.

Also, we should give him the venue fee and whatever money we can give to him. Darkrain has consistently let all of us come over without question and without asking for anything in return for years on end. He has let us mooch off of him, sleep in his house, given us rides, bought beer and pizza, ran the tournament, always cleans up his house after us, and is just a good guy. Bad **** shouldn't happen to good guys, so let's help him out.

Jesi

Smash Ace
I am.... so unbelievably sad on so many different levels..

since i can't be there, i trust you will all try and cheer him up when you get a chance as best you can. as for now i'm not sure he needs anyone there, since the police were on their way last time i talked to him.

<3

jesi

pyroty

Smash Apprentice
Man... this really sucks >_< I'm definitely down for some fund raising for david, I think we should do some more of the $5 tournies every weekend like we did raising the OOS bonus.

Also since we're still going to the tourny I talked to dmac about this and I think we should at least get one of those cheap fake alarm systems that just makes that defining sound, I know its probably not likely to happen again so soon, but you never know how much whoever did it could be watching or something, so I think it would be a good idea unless he's already planed another sort of security for tomorrow.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Anything for you darkrain, I mean I know i'm poor and everything but I'd love to help ya out. I'm sry man.

I don't want to point any fingers, but there are obviously conclusions that might be met, ****ing people man. I wish I could do something....anyway if you find out who did this **** and you need someone to lay some heavy hands on a mofo just let me know. I'm serious.
\

Jesi

Smash Ace
David is officially moving in with his mom and bro/sis. He wont' have to pay rent at least, but kiss barrio smash goodbye.

the alternative is to have it somewhere else, like phat's house...but he has work and parents there and stuff but we used to have it there... i guess you guys can figure that out.

speaking of which. david wants to put my cats in a windowless garage at his mom's place, so if anyone might be willing to take some cats for ohhhh i don't know... appx 7 months... lol Just until my lease expires and i move out to somewhere else, that would be awesome....

im me for more details.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
OH wow, i didn't actually read what happened before, just saw darkrain was moving...

that sucks, i hate people that steal. especially from good people.

it's unlikely, but i'll see if i can help in any way...

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Do you still have a record of your wii friend code? It's a lousy shot, but someone could send a wiimail out to his system explaining that it's a stolen wii. If the thief intends to sell all the stuff, the next owner might be inclined to do something.

I think you can contact Sony too, if you have the original PS3 serial. They can lock it down.

DYC

Smash Champion
I think whomever stole his wii is going to be disappointed when they find out it's a japanski wii.

****ing *******s. I vote we napalm that whole ****ing block.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
:(

I still had one last silly story to tell. Dammit!

btw this is chadouken, sorry about your place darkrain that ****ing blows...if you ever wanna hit up some street fighter just let me know.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Wow, I can't believe this. That's freaking wrong, I'm sorry to hear about this Dark.

Duck this is exactly what GIG's club funds are for; let's send him the cash. He deserves it anyway for hosting the last three of JCCC's tournaments and doing it well for that matter.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Do you still have a record of your wii friend code? It's a lousy shot, but someone could send a wiimail out to his system explaining that it's a stolen wii. If the thief intends to sell all the stuff, the next owner might be inclined to do something.

I think you can contact Sony too, if you have the original PS3 serial. They can lock it down.
The thing about that is the owner would have to look for the message on the date it was sent, and we would have to hope that it ever gets connected to the internet. It's simply not going to happen.

I think whomever stole his wii is going to be disappointed when they find out it's a japanski wii.
lol, I was thinking this yesterday. They wouldn't even know what to do in the all menus and everything!

I have an idea about what to do about still having Barrio Smash somewhere. I haven't fully thought it out yet, but if the idea works we should have a place to Smash still every Saturday.

Cups

Smash Ace
I assume those that took it were illiterate and thus turned to a life of crime. This would mean that regardless of the origin of the wii, they would still be inable to navigate the menus.

Secks.

Smash Ace
Hey thanks Z, Dmac, Jturley and everyone else who made it up to the tourny. Sorry to hear about what happened dark thats just **** games. Hopefully we will have another FFC tourny soon.

Top Bottom