• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Depending on what time I get to sleep tonight, I might stop by?

Can't really play but we'll see
Danny, text me who's there if you can so I know after I get off work

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Soda: Maxxed
Snacks: Moderate
Brownies: Confirmed
Room: Cleaned

CONFIRMATION: My place is GO for many smashings to be had 4:30 to 12:00 midnight. Times have been adjusted to meet the demands of the occaision. Let's make sure someone has a third wii to use.

Dnyce

Smash Master
oh, 4:30... was thinking it started at 5:30, lol.

Elliot and I just woke up, we'll leave soonish

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
CONFIRMATION: Today's Smashfest will start at the new early time. People rarely ever come early though, so this pattern will probably not be sustained. Smash at my place from 4:30 to 11:00.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Apparently I wasn't clear enough in post 1938 of this thread.

I will not back down from the following at all.

Showing up high, and/or bringing illegal drugs to my mother's house is banned forever. This includes all prescription medicines which are not prescribed by a doctor, and THC-containing substances of any form and all paraphenelia used for smoking pot. I will not even allow it in your car or anywhere in the neighborhood. If you want to do drugs, STAY AWAY FROM MY HOUSE. This is a non-negociable term for attending my smashfests. If I even suspect anyone is in violation of this term, I will not hesitate to contact the Lenexa police. I will do this stealthily to avoid confrontation until officers have already arrived. If anyone is found guilty of posession, I will not go easy on them at all. They will also be accused by me of criminal trespassing because anyone who would do this is unwelcome in my house.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. Not every scene is hosted by a wonderful and nice mom who bakes brownies every time.

CONFIRMATION: Smash at my place 5:30 to 11:00.

DeLux

Hey guys, I'm going to start hosting Friday smashfests in Lawrence every other week since I don't have to work.

The first one is going to be June 8 from 5pm to 10pm. Please RSVP with me if you're interested or plan on coming. If nobody wants to come, I'll find something productive to do with my time, but with MJG and Fino moved/moving, I'm going to continue working on recruiting new blood to the scene this summer or else we face the end of KC Area Brawl for good.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I heard Fino is moving down South, but where is MJFree moving?
-_- Recently two people from Wichita moved back to their respective locations.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I'm going to start hosting Friday smashfests in Lawrence every other week since I don't have to work.
Lux, I am and always have been way more retired from brawl than you have ever been lolololol.

He moved to Iowa
Yeah I have a feeling he's going to come kick the **** out of me at my tournament at the end of June, I believe he's living with Bpow.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Very interesting. *sigh* It seems that many are moving away from this nowhere state called Kansas.

Rick_City

Smash Rookie
Dear fellow smash buddies,

I am considering making a full-time return to Brawl. There's only one thing holding me back, and that's the fact that I suck :( LOL. I believe that I have a good core skill set of Brawl (MetaKnight), and I know that there is more potential in me. One of the main issues of my gameplay is that my knowledge of match ups are (as Charles Barkley would say) terrible, just terrible. I am willing to commit my self to be someones pupil if someone is willing to be my master and train me, and bring the best out!

RickCity

DeLux

Rick, I'll teach you. Come play Brawl at my place on Friday!

We can MK ditto since my Mk is the stuff of legend :D :D :D

Rick_City

Smash Rookie
Well if Mk is banned in tournaments these days I guess I would have no choice but to pick up another character. Lux, I was talking to Jason and we are going to try and make it out to your smashfest. Then we can judge and see where I'm at in Brawl. Plus I heard you got better, so def looking to have some re matches.

:phone:

Rick_City

Smash Rookie
I still plan on coming on mondays. Especially if that is the only way I can get some matches in with you Danny. Need some 1v1 sessions like old times.

DeLux

since apex the mk ban has lost a LOT of steam, not too many places have him banned anymore
This is statistically false

For every 2 Mk Legal tournaments, there are statistically 3 MK Banned tournaments. Based on money payouts, there is twice as much money paid out through MK banned tournaments in comparison to MK legal tournaments, indicating that MK banned tournaments tend to have a larger mean size.

This doesn't include results from either Iowa or Lawrence (which have been MK banned). Based on trends I've been following on local scenes, there's a stronger tendency for MK banned local tournaments to not post results at a higher clip than MK legal local tournaments for some reason.

Well if Mk is banned in tournaments these days I guess I would have no choice but to pick up another character. Lux, I was talking to Jason and we are going to try and make it out to your smashfest. Then we can judge and see where I'm at in Brawl. Plus I heard you got better, so def looking to have some re matches.

If we play at COS ever, if Bonds allows it you can go MK against me because I don't think he's that bad and will force me to play with precision and patience. And I'm still pretty free so whoever told you I was better lied to you lol. If anything I'm more free than before.

But 75% of the Lawrence scene is pretty strongly pro MK ban and 20% pretty much doesn't care but are slightly pro ban and then there's me that does all the statistical research on it. Admittedly some of the pro-ban people are uneducated on why there's legitimacy in the ban and have some ******** reasoning so I do my best to educate them. I have a hunch you might want to pick up another character if you want free money from the Lawrence scene unless sentiments change.

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
MK ban at CoS can be nullified by the gentleman's clause as it is a rule catering to the community rather than the TO. If both players are okay with it, I don't give a damn if mk's on the screen.

Top Bottom