• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
CONFIRMATION: Smash at my place 5:30-11:00. I will have a funeral to attend the next day so prompt leaving at 11 is urged.

Celebrate the holidays with the spirit of giving! If you haven't thought of presents for me yet, I'd strongly suggest soda because I am nearly out of soda.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
GGs to everyone I played.

quote: srsly stop dwelling on mistakes, you only play worse (-> vicious cycle) if you do lol. you do it in both games. mindset is a huge part of getting better. otherwise, IMO, improve your DI; you die too early a lot.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
ggs tonight guys :D shoutouts to strongbad for making an appearance, twas fun

also ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ quote i cant say it better. that is the largest part of your problems at smash, when you play good you play good then you make a mistake and spiral into self destruction

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Cancellation: No smash at no house no today.

Two reasons: I just came back from a long and stressful trip, as well as previous experience regarding attendance just after a major tournament.

no

RejK

Smash Rookie
yooo anyone having any smashfestsss this weekend? i can bring a wiii and a copy of brawl... no t.v ]: rigth now its at work

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
OP usually meets on Monday Nights.

Lawrence is sort of on a play it by ear basis.

Lawrence is closer to Manhattan than OP, so I'll do better to try to give 24 hours notice at least lol

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
If I werent super sick this morning, I'd probably host tonight.

Smash Lord
Yeah, I got your message on facebook, but I needed to talk to somebody to make sure I wasn't doing anything on Saturday. It looks like I can go. I need $$ statistics though as usual. Gas, tournament fee, venue fee = ?. A link to any online stuff would be pretty nice to have.

EDIT: Found the tournament page. Didn't expect to see it on smashboards.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
CONFIRMATION: Smash at my place 5:30-11:00pm tonight (monday). Directions to my place are on the first post; if you are not a regular please announce here that you are coming.

My mom found an envelope labeled as tournament money earned by the old G.I.G. club at JCCC. About sixty bucks. Since that club has now disbanded I see no better way to use this money than to help pay for soda and brownies.

Dnyce

Smash Master
CONFIRMATION: Smash at my place 5:30-11:00pm tonight (monday). Directions to my place are on the first post; if you are not a regular please announce here that you are coming.

My mom found an envelope labeled as tournament money earned by the old G.I.G. club at JCCC. About sixty bucks. Since that club has now disbanded I see no better way to use this money than to help pay for soda and brownies.
:metaknightbrawl:

RejK

Smash Rookie
who is alll going to the smashfest? i liveee.. quite a bit away so if like everyoneee~ is going i think ill go ...

Smash Lord

nonononononono

Bonus pot.

Will be there today.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
YO. IF I COME TO YO TOURNAMENT. SHOULD LET ME AMATEUR BRACKET. SINCE, YOU KNOW, I'M RUSTY, AND ****.

I just really need money. I'm busted as f***.

Cook

Smash Master
^You'll have to beat me in amateur bracket! I'm either playing random or doing Jumanji! (I think random is probably more fair to the amateurs)

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
ok guys, little update on stuffs for this weekend

PRICE: gonna shove a final price of six dollars per person. this will cover gas PLUS toll of driving. fino you only have to pay five as you are already a part ways there. MJG: i would like to have you be at the college area around eight. Quote: meet at my house around seven fourty or so. Fino: we should be in lawrence around eight thirty, so be ready. scrub will be staying overnight at my place. i will probably have to leave between eight and nine, as i gotta take a lot of people home and i work the next day loooool

PLEASE BRING AS MANY WIIS AS YOU CAN: reg is working on getting TVs right now, but we really need to support by bringing brawl setups. i would like to see at least one setup from each person if possible

Smash Lord
ok guys, little update on stuffs for this weekend

PRICE: gonna shove a final price of six dollars per person. this will cover gas PLUS toll of driving. fino you only have to pay five as you are already a part ways there. MJG: i would like to have you be at the college area around eight. Quote: meet at my house around seven fourty or so. Fino: we should be in lawrence around eight thirty, so be ready. scrub will be staying overnight at my place. i will probably have to leave between eight and nine, as i gotta take a lot of people home and i work the next day loooool

PLEASE BRING AS MANY WIIS AS YOU CAN: reg is working on getting TVs right now, but we really need to support by bringing brawl setups. i would like to see at least one setup from each person if possible
I can bring a setup + TV. I'm bringing both unless told otherwise. What time can I expect to be back?

Smash Lord
O.....

It is a "tiny ***" TV though.

I'll be at JCCC tomorrow. If there's any chance that I can do anything up there tomorrow, let me know.

Danny, I need your address.

Top Bottom