• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Does anyone else in KC want to vote on the KS PR before I update my preseason numbers?

DeLux

I am hosting at 2pm today if anyone is interested lol

We had 10 people at a smashfest, despite two people with the last minute john outs :)

Shouts to:

- My friend Quinton randomly bringing three people.
- Mario Dittos
- Rockstar's DDD (not even joking this time)

Quote to recap:

- Stop giving away free damage. You aren't going to get better taking the easy option in terms of technical stuff. Hold yourself to a higher standard and the results will come.
- Stop giving away the stage for free. Spacing gain for tactical zoning loss is often not a good trade, even (maybe even especially) as Marth. Pressure people with stage control.
- Shield Trap people. They can't shield grab you if you're behind them. There's the baiting zone where they can't bring up their shield when they dash.
- Stop going for obvious Dairs. Recall the whole "Every time you're on the ledge you try to dair and then land on stage, so I jump over you and fsmash as it happens"

On the last note, I remember you getting mad that I didn't go for ledge hogs at all, stating you were mad that I didn't. From a tactical spot, if I go for the ledge in certain situations, that gives you back the stage. It was safer to just stand on the stage and pressure you when you were on the ledge than to risk going for the ledge and having to contend with Marth's anti ledge option game.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
if I can, I'll go to a smashfest sometime between the 17th and apex.

don't want to be Free Bad

Smash Lord
I am hosting at 2pm today if anyone is interested lol

We had 10 people at a smashfest, despite two people with the last minute john outs :)

Shouts to:

- My friend Quinton randomly bringing three people.
- Mario Dittos
- Rockstar's DDD (not even joking this time)

Quote to recap:

- Stop giving away free damage. You aren't going to get better taking the easy option in terms of technical stuff. Hold yourself to a higher standard and the results will come.
- Stop giving away the stage for free. Spacing gain for tactical zoning loss is often not a good trade, even (maybe even especially) as Marth. Pressure people with stage control.
- Shield Trap people. They can't shield grab you if you're behind them. There's the baiting zone where they can't bring up their shield when they dash.
- Stop going for obvious Dairs. Recall the whole "Every time you're on the ledge you try to dair and then land on stage, so I jump over you and fsmash as it happens"

On the last note, I remember you getting mad that I didn't go for ledge hogs at all, stating you were mad that I didn't. From a tactical spot, if I go for the ledge in certain situations, that gives you back the stage. It was safer to just stand on the stage and pressure you when you were on the ledge than to risk going for the ledge and having to contend with Marth's anti ledge option game.
Thanks for the help Lux.
if I can, I'll go to a smashfest sometime between the 17th and apex.

don't want to be Free Bad
Wait, we're going to see strongbad at a smashfest for brawl?

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
CONFIRMATION: Smash like never before in fantastic full color television and stereo audio ONLY at my place from 5:30 to 11:00pm.

I'll be tired again but this time not as much; I'll suck it up and manage. Last week was so horrible I forgot that Smash even existed until Danny showed up, was awful.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
CONFIRMATION: Smash at my place 5:30-11:00pm. Directions to my house are on first post. If you are new, give a shoutout here before coming.

I want my Galaxy 5000 game back.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000

You're straying from my point: "Pikachu ain't nowhere regal." Defending yourself like that only means I'm right.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
I was happy to see so many people at the last smashfest, just post that you're coming on this thread if you're not a regular to these things.

Two things were left at my place - Firstly, a white/black toque hat that was found on the driveway and had been rained on. I washed it and it's fine. Also left was a copy of Playing to Win.

DeLux

Your old one isn't out of the shop yet? It's been over a year man ;)

Smash Lord
is it at blakes?
I don't know. I'd like to have checked, but I was sick today. I remember that the last time I got sick, multiple other people caught it so I thought I'd be better off not going.

I've been to Blake's, Lux's and Massive's houses with my console in the last three weeks, So those are really the only places that it could be. I just hope that I can actually find the thing. I don't feel like having to shell out money for replacement parts.

DeLux

I checked my apartment and didn't see it, but I have like a billion cables everywhere with all the extra equipment we have

DeLux

If anyone picks up Ike, I will team with you in doubles as long as you promise that you'll throw out a lot of random Smash attacks

Anyone want to go to Apex?

Top Bottom