• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
This is completely the fault of some of the school's staff at JCCC. They were messing around with us about whether we'd get the TVs so we all went to ducks house (good of him to have us). We had some good games too, with Fino finally relearning chaingrabbing with ICs.

Wingflier

Smash Apprentice
This is completely the fault of some of the school's staff at JCCC. They were messing around with us about whether we'd get the TVs so we all went to ducks house (good of him to have us). We had some good games too, with Fino finally relearning chaingrabbing with ICs.
You could have just come to the auditorium room where we had it last time. Jace and I were in the dark and nobody called us or told us any different. Jace's phone # is in the thread.

Wing

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
you reallise that you could have gotten in trouble with the school security for doing that? we talked about going to the auditorium but did not based off of that reasoning. duck wants our record untarnished.

Wingflier

Smash Apprentice
Well what's the point of telling them to bring down the tvs and then leaving?

You could have at least told them you had changed your mind.

Or called us and told us what was going on so that we would have known not to stop them.

But like I said, we checked several times to make sure no one was waiting in the corner lounge for those tvs. Besides, if they had been moved, I feel bad for the people doing it. We were only there for like an hour afterwords; it would have been a ton of work for nothing.

Wing

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
we were not even sure if they would bring the tvs down, what with how mean AVwas being. also i dont have yours or jace's number. jace said he wanted to come early, so when we didnt see him there we assumed he wasnt coming.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
you can always call one of us if you have trouble finding us. My number is 787-3094.
stealth you could have jace's number just in case something like that happens again. ^^ i always have a few people's numbers =P

Jace08

Smash Lord
Okay I'm adding everyone's number in my phone now. Friday was partly my fault for not having done that earlier. Duck what is your phone number anyway?

No stealth I was just asking to see if anyone wanted to show up early.

Anyway, I have a hard time believing that the AV guys are "mean." Every time I've talked to any of them, they've always been cool to me. What did they say or do to you guys that was so mean?

D

Deleted member

they were being douche bags saying that they didnt get a request for the TV's even though the game club has been going on for a couple of years in the same room at the same time each week. i wouldnt say they were being mean, but there had to have been some new people there that didnt know us.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Meetings will be Tues 4-9 and Fri 1-6 (those are the official times but we usually always remain longer) in COM CORNER LOUNGE where we've had it the past Fall and Spring semesters. With two date exceptions.

Except TODAY, where it will be CRAIG COMMUNITY AUDITORIUM (Second floor GEB little theatre) and the 16th (next tuesday) will be [Edit: CARLSEN CENTER 211]
since duck is not responding to me right now, assume that it is CC211, since that is what i think its going to be. ill leave my number so you guys can call me, though duck gave a pretty good description on the previous page. my number is 913-485-0664. if you get there and dont see me or any tvs call me

IMPORTANT EDIT: we are meeting in the corner lounge
Stealth Raptor is fail. This Tuesday the 16th is CC211, last Tuesday was Craig Auditorium, and every single other meeting will all be COM Corner Lounge.

Fino

Smash Master
Jace, i dunno if you have me added, but I'm (913-787-5282)
Also, I will be having friendlies at my house on days that I'm not working (Brawl). I'll call people I have, which right now would be Danny, MJG, and duck... I assume everyone else either doesn't want to play brawl or will just come to gig.

~Fino

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
So I heard we have to have JCCC Students, in order to have a JCCC Student Club. Summer meetings are cancelled on account of NOT A SINGLE **** ONE OF US IS ACTUALLY A STUDENT AT JCCC LOLOLOLOL.

Actually, Artik and Leo are enrolled in summer, and I -could- go and make them presidents and they -could- maybe go and make an argument about it, but srs. Too much work.

Meetings are at FINO'S HOUSE until july, and after that we'll figure something else out. I still want to play smash all summer.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
address please? :0
that's an interesting problem, though. LOL

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
thanks for the addy fino, see you on friday ^^

my location is kinda out of the way but it's always (always) open if no one else's is available. so if there's ever a bunch of conflicts with a bunch of other houses i'm willin to host. =P

Fino

Smash Master
Okay, well as of right now I'm working today and tomorrow, and will be gone saturday for wichita tournament. HOWEVER, I do plan to host tomorrow until 4... mainly so MJG and I can get some last minute practice before heading out to tournament. Anyone is welcome to join, but I'm not sure if it'll be worth the time.
I'll get next weeks schedule on sunday to see what days I can host.

~Fino

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
alright i'll show up then, too. thanks for hosting, fino, much appreciated.
imma see how mah marth & fox skilz r

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i dunno. i like melee more still at this point. i might play a bit if there's a setup there.

Wingflier

Smash Apprentice
I'll be there probably around noonish with a friend who also plays B+. I just got off the phone with Stealth and he said he was coming too so we should be fine.

I can't wait to get owned by his B+ pikachu again lol.

edit: Fino, can you post your address? Or at least PM it too me. I think I remember how to get there again but I don't want to take the chance.

Wing

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
k im leavin now, i should arrive sometime around 12:30. see you guys soon =P

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
So, when's the next day for Brawling? I finally have a few days off...

Either way, I'll be at the tournament this weekend, and I hope everyone else will too.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
tuesday
you hostin' again on tuesday fino? if so i need to know when the earliest is i can show up, cos my ride has some stuff to do on tuesday & i might not be able to attend tuesday due to that.

Wingflier

Smash Apprentice
Fino if you can't host tomorrow (or Wed.) we could always have it at my house. Tonganoxie is only about 30 minutes away from JCCC, just off of 24-40. I have one big screen tv, and two smaller ones I think. People could also bring some extra tvs if they wanted.

Also, my parents aren't home so it could start and end at whatever time (aka, no time limit).

Wing

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yup can't do anythin' tomorrow, my vehicle of transportation is in the auto-shop -.- maybe friday O:
if jturley is there tomorrow someone tell him i'll give him the cards he wanted on friday or saturday

Wingflier

Smash Apprentice
Okay, Fino says he's not having it today, and isn't sure whether he'll be able to have it tomorrow either.

I am officially hosting it at my house. It's about a 30 minute drive from JCCC, but on the bright side there is no time limit to how long we can play since there's nobody home.

My address is 2010 Brook Ridge Ct., Tonganoxie, KS 66086

For anybody who doesn't know, Tonganoxie is about halfway between Kansas City and Lawrence. Take the road past The Legends (24-40), and follow it straight into Tongie.

My phone # is 913-575-0113

So if you plan on coming please let me know. It starts right now and ends whenever everybody leaves. I think Jace said he might come, and I have a few of my friends coming too.

Let me know.

Wing

Top Bottom