• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

D

Deleted member

This is ridiculous. The smash community isn't even legit anymore.
ik right? its getting worse than the halo community. thats why i picked up CS again son, yayhuzzz. CS cleanses the scrub out of you.

is anything going down on this tuesday?

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
ik right? its getting worse than the halo community. thats why i picked up CS again son, yayhuzzz. CS cleanses the scrub out of you.

is anything going down on this tuesday?
I've been playing starcraft and yuri's revenge. RTS FTW BABY

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
edit: LOL nvm i completely forgot im having dinner w/ my family tomorrow.
XDDD

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
So, when do things resume? I've kinda been looking forward to some quality in person friendlies; I don't intend to get 17th again come Gigabrawl. In general, I'd really like to not be in 17th again.

If nothing at all is going on, we could get together and play Brawl beforehand. I still have a big basement, and I'm sure if I tried we could get together enough people to constitute a smashfest instead of being three people. Is there any interest?

D

Deleted member

**** dude every1 loves B+ now, its better than brawl but its still terrible lol

**** has worse hitstun than ssb64

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i can bring b+ if u want

and arkive it sounds like you've played a REALLY old version of b+ (like before there was a regulated codeset) if you're talking about the hitstun in such a manner. atm it's around the same amount as melee. the only reason the hitstun was (keyword here :p) as ridiculous as you say is because the way the physics in brawl works didn't allow for much horizontal progression during combos. this has since been fixed (both the momentum physics engine and the hitstun).

Wingflier

Smash Apprentice
**** dude every1 loves B+ now, its better than brawl but its still terrible lol

**** has worse hitstun than ssb64
It may not be as good as Melee as far as the amount of adrenaline pumping gameplay that you're used too, but it's much closer than vBrawl will ever be. And it's getting better with each patch. It's really come a long way.

Besides, in B+ there are over 40 usable characters that are all pretty evenly matched and powerful in their own unique way.

In Melee you have like what, less than 10 even worth playing?

You should really give it another chance. It will never be Melee, but it's a hell of a lot better than vBrawl, and is getting better all the time.

Wing

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Besides, in B+ there are over 40 usable characters that are all pretty evenly matched and powerful in their own unique way.
there are only 39 individual movesets in the game.... and whether or not they're evenly matched is a different story lol.

Wingflier

Smash Apprentice
Yes, however you have to consider that they've taken apart some of these characters to create more.

For example, Pokemon Trainer's 3 Pokemon are now individual characters.

Now granted, they don't have a down-b attack, which kind of sucks, but there are many characters in the Brawl with crap special attacks, so it's not that big of a problem.

The great part about being able to select individual Pokemon is that you never have to worry about being "force switched" to the next one after you die.

Obviously, this creates a lot of trouble with having to main 3 characters instead of one and being potentially forced into a bad matchup mid-battle.

Being able to choose an individual Poke means that you can master only that Pokemon and become godlike with it, just as if it were another character.

There are a LOT of B+ Squirtle mains out there because he's so god dam* fun to play now.

And of course, the option to be the original Pokemon Trainer still exists, and is definitely a lot more realistic, since all your Pokemon are actually good.

Looked at from that perspective, there are actually more than 39 characters.

meh ill stick with brawl and melee, but i do want to try out brawl+. i heard one of my mains is pretty good
They're all pretty good.

Hell even Mario kicks a.ss now. That's got to say something.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
ill just use mah lucario in B+ :) though i wanna see how pikachu does, every time i come back from melee i try combos though should work in b+ but cant do in brawl lol

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
the 39 counts Zero Suit Samus, Sheik, and the 3 Pokémon. there are 39 unique movesets in Brawl and Brawl +.

Wingflier

Smash Apprentice
Yea Pikachu combos like a monster now, and you don't even have to be Anther to do it ;p

They're also doing a lot of work on making the bigger, slower characters better now.

They are definitely much faster than before, but then again, so is everyone else.

However, it's really fun to actually be able to play with Charizard, Ganondorf, or Bowser and be able to inflict the hurt.

You should watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZGTmxdAoNQ

It's only 2 minutes long; but it will give you an idea of how things have changed.

strong bad is right lol you cant count PT as one unique moveset
I never said anything about a unique moveset. You two are the ones that keep bringing that up.

I said more than 40 characters. And there is a big difference between a 3 individual characters without a down-b and a character that incorporates all three but is forced to switch between them.

It would be like if Zelda were forced to play as Sheik everytime she dies or if Samus were forced to play as ZSS after every stock.

It may seem trivial to you but it's really not. Especially because every pokemon has such a different playstyle. Very few people have or ever will master all 3.

GOTTA CATCHEM ALLLL

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
actually anther isnt known for his combos, hes more known for his incredible mindgames. ive seen better comboers then anther (no offense i know you name search D: )

Wingflier

Smash Apprentice
I never got to meet you last time I came to play Brawl with the rest of the crew :(

I know I met Ampharos and his annoyingly good G&W; and a few others I can't remember now.

But I remember you couldn't be there for some reason.

I look forward to meeting you this time.

Wingflier

Smash Apprentice
I think if more people knew about B+, we would have more people playing Brawl in this city.

;)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
:(
yeah...

so still no word on when jccc meets are starting again?

D

Deleted member

arkive it sounds like you've played a REALLY old version of b+
my brother and tanooki played a recent version of brawl+ as a joke and i played one round as zelda. the hit stun is just as bad as ssb64

uh....brawl+ is still derived from brawl, aka the game with terrible character balancing. don't try to talk about which game has better character balancing either because this is coming from the kid that was probably the best in KC and used LINK

Top Bottom