• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
indeed teams matches were too good. B+ was also a little bit of fun on the side. teams are toooooo good.

also when i was talking about housing for no koast, i meant us housing people who are coming in. unlike previous times, wichita is having trouble shouldering the load of people coming in. it makes sense that they house the southern people whereas people from the north stay with us. that is a problem though, since it is a two day event.... ill try to come up with some stuff for that. anywho anyone who can house anyone for the event please let me know, we got a lot of good people coming through. be some good night-before practice ;)

WmZ74

Smash Cadet
GGs guys, wish i came a bit earlier though.. till next time thor
who was the ROB main that played tonight? i know hes a regular to these meetings

Fino

Smash Master
Good games, ***** with secondaries like I promised ;o

Someone asked me to play olimar, and they went peach... and it was pretty brutal :(

I was playing terrible today too ;-; lol, I'm tired... time for bed =D

xbombr

Smash Ace
You'll soon learn that Falcon is a pretty easy matchup. That helmet wearing female has nothing on a good sheik or puff. That ****'s hard.

From now on we should assume that everyone is going to Thursday JCCC unless said otherwise so that we don't have to go through this "whos' going on Thursday" and "everyone like always" thing.

8BIT STEP UP YOUR GAME. BECOME THE MAN YOU WERE MEANT TO BE.
lol I just wanted to make sure enough people are going because it's like an hour-45 away. So I'll stop asking if it's annoying.

Sheik is an annoying ***** to fight with Samus if she plays it right. Never really faced a good Puff, but I assume they'd have to do something stupid repeatedly and get inside your angled tilt range or mistime over and over to where you can NAir for you to build enough damage to FSmash them out of the side of the screen. Dsmash would be nice, but they sorta have to be close to ground for that and Jiggs never is. >_>

I should really pick up a secondary. :\

Jace08

Smash Lord
Nah it's not annoying xbombr don't worry about it. Pc probably just didn't know you had that long of a drive and really needed to make sure it was worth it

Yeah sheik is a pretty tough matchup for falcon especially. Now that I've dropped ICs I dunno what I'm gonna do if I hit a good sheik in tourney. Just get better at the matchup I guess

Fino

Smash Master
Nah it's not annoying xbombr don't worry about it. Pc probably just didn't know you had that long of a drive and really needed to make sure it was worth it

Yeah sheik is a pretty tough matchup for falcon especially. Now that I've dropped ICs I dunno what I'm gonna do if I hit a good sheik in tourney. Just get better at the matchup I guess
CG with dthrow to 65% and then grab release at the edge and hope they don't know you can gimp them with ice-block if they jump immediately ;o

xbombr

Smash Ace
no johns. its his super secret tech, gotta wave dash/SHFFL 5 times in 5 frames, then input a perfect moonwalk, then taunt. at that time an ice block will appear
Stealth your knowledge of Melee is infinite. I'd main Falcon and shoot ice blocks at people all the time if I knew this before I started playing Samus.

Massive

Smash Champion

You gave up Ice Climber Jace?
This makes me sad.

There's a high probability I will attend this Thursday's JCCC.
There better be some serious melee going on.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Don't listen to this troll, massive! He meant last tuesday, which is generally the day for brawl players. Thursdays have plenty of melee so coooome

and you've gotta be the only one to miss my climbers massive lol. Don't worry I might just go ICs vs your jiggs for the nostalgia of it once in a while

Massive

Smash Champion
Don't listen to this troll, massive! He meant last tuesday, which is generally the day for brawl players. Thursdays have plenty of melee so coooome

and you've gotta be the only one to miss my climbers massive lol. Don't worry I might just go ICs vs your jiggs for the nostalgia of it once in a while
I figured it was MELEE THURSDAYS.
The earliest I can be there is right after work, so probably around 6ish, when do people normally start showing up?

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
arctic/ducker/whoever runs the game club: do you think you could put up flyers around the JCCC campus for a video game tournament?
We only did this for our first major event, back when we didn't really know what we were doing. Tl;dr you're only going to get casual guests out of the College campus itself, which may or may not be a bad thing. I miss our connection to the rest of the college LOL it's been lately nothing but Smash guests coming in. Read on...

A long time ago, before we had such a constant showup of Smash community guests and the club was purely made up of JCCC Students, what we tried doing was a multiple game event in order to draw in the most people. Most of all the people who actually walk around on campus as students are casual game players at most. We knew this, so we advertised accordingly. What ended up happening was a very successful event that included Rock Band, Wii Bowling (the Wii had only been out for 1 month at the time), Gears of War, Melee and Madden... Winners of the small tournaments for each game were allowed to take one of the assorted prizes from a prize table. It was a pretty fun event, and I'd love to do another straight up 'game enthusiasm' event that's not necessarily a smash-specific tournament.

Right now though the plan is to get a two-day Brawl/Melee/64 event, which involves planning for housing. Since my word goes a long way with Chris and Garrett I'll go ahead and say I'd be down for a second event this semester (perhaps before finals week in May) provided we have the planning time.

-Kiros-

Smash Journeyman
No, the tournament we're thinking of will include melee and possibly ssb64.

Calling it Gigabrawl might turn off a large portion of our audience.
So... Gigasmash is around the corner? What day is the planning on? My crew's gonna make its debut there (hopefully we can make it).

Top Bottom