• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

xbombr

Smash Ace
So I want to pick up a new character. Can't decide between Fox and Falcon.

I want someone fast that works well in teams. I feel really limited by Samus's mobility and lack of aerial game when I face faster characters. Any ideas which I should choose?

D

Deleted member

fox if you want to **** harder

falcon if you like the idea of having a lot of people that can teach you quickly, oh and falcon if you wanna get shine spiked

jace where you at

Jace08

Smash Lord
arkive's shines are broken

Here's my advice xbombr. Pick your char based on who you enjoy playing the most; that's what's most important imo. Try and learn the basic meta-games of the ones you're interested in (at least for the ones you don't know already), and test out their tech skill some to see if it fits your playing style. Also know that it can take awhile to fnally settle on a main; took me forever to settle on falcon

Anyway, both fox and falcon are good in teams, so you can't go wrong there either way.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Pick Falcon if you wanna get ***** by me. Pick fox if you want to have the most unoriginal main possible.

In my opinion, play Falco. That's probably the easiest way to get good REALLY fast.

**** should we all just come today? I'm down if Arkive and 8bit come :D

xbombr

Smash Ace
arkive's shines are broken

Here's my advice xbombr. Pick your char based on who you enjoy playing the most; that's what's most important imo. Try and learn the basic meta-games of the ones you're interested in (at least for the ones you don't know already), and test out their tech skill some to see if it fits your playing style. Also know that it can take awhile to fnally settle on a main; took me forever to settle on falcon

Anyway, both fox and falcon are good in teams, so you can't go wrong there either way.
Yeah that's what I'm having trouble with though lol. Both are equally fun for me to play. The issue for me though is choosing between Falcon's recovery or Fox's higher technical demand.

I keep hopping back and forth between all sorts of characters and it's really frustrating. First Luigi, then Marth, then Sheik, then Samus, ect. I really just want to settle on someone fun to play that doesn't have horrible match ups.

I'm going to try to have something worked out by the next time I come, so I can start working on their techniques beforehand and get some practice wtih you guys on actually applying **** to my game.

In my opinion, play Falco. That's probably the easiest way to get good REALLY fast.

**** should we all just come today? I'm down if Arkive and 8bit come :D
Serious ****, I have to be at least half drunk to enjoy playing Falco. That leads to me phantasming offstage into a Falcon who has no chance of recovering, getting caught in the Falcon Dive and being stage spiked, then he gets back on stage. Which I used to have a video of. :(

I also won't be there this week.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Falco is so much fun to play, and he's super good. I would main him if fox weren't so easily broken.

Massive

Smash Champion
Yeah that's what I'm having trouble with though lol. Both are equally fun for me to play. The issue for me though is choosing between Falcon's recovery or Fox's higher technical demand.
Huh? Just play both.
Whichever you're more comfortable with/better at after practicing for a while can be your main.
Skills developed on any character in smash can and do bleed over to most others, that's why most people who are amazing (Darkrain is a nice example of this) can still beat you with characters which you may have never seen them play before.

D

Deleted member

xbombr if u want to play samus dont pick up another character for bad matchups
just train against those

- 8Bit

xbombr

Smash Ace
xbombr if u want to play samus dont pick up another character for bad matchups
just train against those

8bit
I'm just tired of feeling overly limited by my character. :(
She's got a slow air game, a terrible grab game, and no ground speed outside of wavedashing. Fighting floaties and people with better mobility is a nightmare. Basically the only way I win is when people **** up their spacing enough times for me to get them offstage.

I'm leaning towards Falcon. I had a lot of fun playing as him last thursday.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
ggs guys :D another fun day as usual. dont get so down anxiety, getting good takes time, you cant wish it over night. just keep working and training and you will get better :)

fino- please upload all the tlink-pika battles, want to post them in our critique thread

Smash Lord
Lots of fun today. I got so preoccupied with 64 today that I didn't even get to touch brawl. I might have to do a bit more of that next week. It's just that when you do a 0-death combo, your mind and fingers just scream more. I'm definitely bringing a 64 next week btw.

@archive & rpotts & jace- thank you for showing up. It wouldn't have had as much fun if it were only 2 or 3 people.

I was kind of dissapointed that I was the only Leavenworth/Lansing kid that showed up. If they showed up, I think there might have been a good 16-20 people show up for today for 64.

fino- please upload all the tlink-pika battles, want to post them in our critique thread
Where is this thread?

D

Deleted member

you didn't duel me in 64 you *******

gg's dudes

yoshi vs falcon/fox = gay, **** i feel bad for blake lol

Jace08

Smash Lord
Yeah that was lotsa fun. Raith you're getting so good, I have to concentrate so hard when playing you

And 8bit you're really good at m2k comboing me; also, dodging water bottles

D

Deleted member

ill get you next time arkive. i decided i didnt feel like ****** you tonight
taco bell MM me *****. food is on the line fatty.

jokes! lol

@blake i'm going to L2yoshi and we'll figure out how to **** **** on hyrule, that's some bull**** lol

-Kiros-

Smash Journeyman
So... anybody know when GigaBrawl/Smash is? April 10th is the ACT, and there's a music competition that day too.

-Kiros-

Smash Journeyman
YESSSSSSS! Before today, my life was pretty OK, things were planned and laid out correctly and in time slots. Then I go to school and things start piling up like there's no tomorrow, open slots get filled like no other and time conflicts start crashing down on me. With the way my luck has been going (I didn't make an audition to perform a solo with an orchestra today... stupid violin player... robbed me of $200 scholarship) I was expecting to not be able to make Gigasmash. Thank you.

Edit: 24th? NOOOOOOO!!! The second part of the music contest that happens on the 10th is on the 24th... 10th is District at Blue Valley, 24th is State in Emporia. It's for all music types, band, choir, and orchestra. Many young(er) people would be unable to make it, as the audition times are random (but I will attempt to make a change, I will attend Gigasmash! :mad:). But when would the action be for Brawl, in the afternoon (my crew is debuting there, so hopefully we all can make it)?

Edit2: I'm not asking anyone to meet my schedule or anything. I'm just giving info. Sorry if I seem like I'm so demanding.

Edit3: OK, I promise this is the last edit. I'm done with my rant/vent, it's been a long day, and next week is even longer :urg:...

MJG

Smash Hero
YESSSSSSS! Before today, my life was pretty OK, things were planned and laid out correctly and in time slots. Then I go to school and things start piling up like there's no tomorrow, open slots get filled like no other and time conflicts start crashing down on me. With the way my luck has been going (I didn't make an audition to perform a solo with an orchestra today... stupid violin player... robbed me of $200 scholarship) I am very sorry to hear that man >_>. You'll get em' next timeI was expecting to not be able to make Gigasmash. Thank you.

Edit: 24th? NOOOOOOO!!! The second part of the music contest that happens on the 10th is on the 24th... 10th is District at Blue Valley, 24th is State in Emporia. It's for all music types, band, choir, and orchestra. Many young(er) people would be unable to make it, as the audition times are random (but I will attempt to make a change, I will attend Gigasmash! :mad:). But when would the action be for Brawl, in the afternoon (my crew is debuting there, so hopefully we all can make it)? Whenever Fino will be aloud to have the venue that he is shooting for (im not entirely shoot what it is yet), then dates will be set based on when JCCC will allow us to host the tournament (Im not a part of JCCC, so I have no control over that).

Edit2: I'm not asking anyone to meet my schedule or anything. I'm just giving info. Sorry if I seem like I'm so demanding. It will most likely be what is best for most people trying to attend this tourney. April 24th isn't even confirmed (seeing as how we don't have a venue for this event)

Edit3: OK, I promise this is the last edit. I'm done with my rant/vent, it's been a long day, and next week is even longer :urg:...
Answers in Bold.

Smash Lord
YESSSSSSS! Before today, my life was pretty OK, things were planned and laid out correctly and in time slots. Then I go to school and things start piling up like there's no tomorrow, open slots get filled like no other and time conflicts start crashing down on me. With the way my luck has been going (I didn't make an audition to perform a solo with an orchestra today... stupid violin player... robbed me of $200 scholarship) I was expecting to not be able to make Gigasmash. Thank you.

Edit: 24th? NOOOOOOO!!! The second part of the music contest that happens on the 10th is on the 24th... 10th is District at Blue Valley, 24th is State in Emporia. It's for all music types, band, choir, and orchestra. Many young(er) people would be unable to make it, as the audition times are random (but I will attempt to make a change, I will attend Gigasmash! :mad:). But when would the action be for Brawl, in the afternoon (my crew is debuting there, so hopefully we all can make it)?

Edit2: I'm not asking anyone to meet my schedule or anything. I'm just giving info. Sorry if I seem like I'm so demanding.

This happened to me so much last year (and this weekend too :(]). I feel your pain. I had to give up going to several large scale events that aren't likely to happen again because of band. It's not fun to say the least. The rest of the schools should have the rest of the day off so that they can do these things on Friday.

Just curious but do you come down to play at JCCC or not?

I'm bringing an N64 setup again. I'm really looking forward to this right now. It's been a rough day for me so far.

-Kiros-

Smash Journeyman
My friends and I rarely go to JCCC to smash, as Tues. and Thurs. are pretty hectic for us. But we are planning on going the 18th of March to Brawl.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
This is Perfect Duck, I haxxed Stealth's account. (lol he logged on my computer and I'm too lazy to log myself in). We got conflicting messages. Student Life says our meetings this week will be in Regnier Center 144, but that's not what AV department says, they chanced upon one of our officers and told him the meets will be in the COM Corner Lounge. I doubt it's RC144 (that's a classroom with sensitive computers and a projector; it's locked when not in use so why would they select that room for us?) but be prepared for either. Only sure thing is we don't have Craig Auditorium this week. Also I'm not coming today; I have an exam.

Top Bottom