• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Jace08

Smash Lord
Oh yeah I remember that happening last year

It must be an annual thing. They'll be outta there next week

Jace08

Smash Lord
I'm considering not going pc so we can all save gas for the tourney this weekend

But I'm still down if there's a decent number of people interested

rpotts

Smash Lord
Jace, we should just play some games at Mac, rather than driving to JCCC, using gas for a low (melee/64) turnout. I used my newfound melee skills on spencer last night, much to his dismay. He has been playing this game for years and I am already pretty substantially better than him, lol.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Well if Arkive and 8bit show I think we should go.

Truthfully I kind of want to get better at 64 now. I also want to try out Tekken 6, and of course play some melee. I've actually been practicing this week and I think it's helping me a lot. I'm pretty sure I'm going to **** people now.

rpotts

Smash Lord
Yea, if arkive and 8bit go then I'm down. What time does the lawrence carpool leave? I have class til 515 but don't mind cutting out early if i need to make it before then.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Yeah I'll go today then. Arkive & 8bit are you guys coming?

Although since we are catching a ride with Fino everyone should come earlier than normal and leave earlier than normal. Fino says we are leaving at like 3 so pc, arkive, & 8bit are you guys able to show up at like 3:40 to 4ish? Cuz I'm guessing that's the time we'll get there.

D

Deleted member

i'll be there with tan and 8bit

tekken 6 *****es

edit: the ****? 3? man that's the worst ever

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Yeah I can be there by 4, provided one of my siblings will let me borrow 5 bucks for gas. I don't get money 'til tomorrow and I am completely out of fuel.

i'll be there with tan and 8bit

tekken 6 *****es

edit: the ****? 3? man that's the worst ever
Haha get outta bed son and come play some games.

I don't wanna hear you cryin'.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Sounds like today should work out pretty well then

I may even give you guys an oppurtunity to **** me in tekken 6

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Arkive link me a Tekken 6 video that will make me good before I play.

Ya know kinda like those KoF tutorial videos.

8BitRevolver

Smash Journeyman
i'll be there

sorry i didnt come today but i just got NSMB:wii and so far nintendo didnt **** up like usual

-AZ

xbombr

Smash Ace
Does anyone know if there is going to be one of these next week at all (probably Tuesday)? I'll be in town and I'd like to play some melee. :)

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Does anyone know if there is going to be one of these next week at all (probably Tuesday)? I'll be in town and I'd like to play some melee. :)
Melee people don't go on Tuesdays most of the time, only Thursdays :(

Speaking of which, I now have a dilemma. I work now 4am - 4pm on Tuesday - Friday. Meaning I could come this thursday, but I would probably get like 3 hours of sleep for work the next day. Whaddya guys think? GAMEZ OR NO GAMEZ?

xbombr

Smash Ace
I was just wondering about mainly about Tuesday since Thanksgiving was next Thursday.

No Melee on Tuesdays though? :(
Darn...

Jace08

Smash Lord
But we can't meet on Thanksgiving, so

I guess we melee players could try showing up next Tuesday instead of Thursday then? For me it would have to be earlier than normal since I have class at 6:30....

Maybe we could meet from like 1:30 to 6ish?

Edit: Oh dangit I just realized then it wouldn't work for pc

Xbombr are you gonna be in town this coming Sat. night? Cuz we meet then too at pyro's

xbombr

Smash Ace
I'll probably be there after 3:30 or so. I have a test in the morning then a 2 hour or so drive back into KC. As long as I get a couple hours in and get to meet everyone then I'll be happy. I've been trying to find a way to make it to a meeting or something for quite a while now. :D

edit: This weekend I won't be in town. My thanksgiving break starts Tuesday afternoon.

Top Bottom