• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Is there anyway I can take care of this without the guy being arrested? I'd rather not press any charges if possible. I mean seriously, going to jail over a 30$ phone is just dumb and this is coming from the guy that got screwed over.
You don't have to press charges.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
yes i am. i would also point out there is no legal way for me to play the game without buying a euro or japanese wii and importing the respective games. i am also ready to face said consequences if i ever got arrested for it which is not gonna happen

i have never been mad at getting any speeding tickets, including a four hundred dollar speeding in a school zone one i got last week :awesome: missed the sign, should have seen it, my fault. i deserved it

dont smoke weed so there you go

D

Deleted member

im not gay

i just find that acting gay can provide some.....interesting....results

also an old mechanism i had as a child to keep myself isolated from people LOL

still find it funny to do though
You are a cruel, cruel man.

Where's my Fino at? ~<3

Edit: And I fully support ANYONE downloading Xenoblade, since Nintendo won't give the fans what they want and are obviously not caring about the U.S. Wii anymore.

Smash Lord
You don't have to press charges.
This is good to know.
imo if they do something illegal they deserve to go to jail over it, period
You don't know any prison guards, do you? I could get into the whole police not doing their job thing and how XY and Z got screwed too, but I think it would fly over your head.
^ that means like 70% of smashboards would be in jail rofl
This.

Updates:
I filed a police report. I don't expect there to be any arrests, convictions or returned cell phones with all that I observed today. I spent a good 3-4 hours of my time on this today and all for nothing. On top of it all, one of the cops decided to be a real prick and give me the same lecture I've gotten from about 20 different people and treated me like a little kid. I can barely take that from my parents, let alone someone that I don't know.

God, justice is just such a vain value to me now. If you still believe in it, get real. You're more naive than I am now. As a sidenote, I don't think I'll ever call the police again.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Quote,

This is the problem. You have a personal issue of letting people pressure you into stuff. It's to the point where we're starting to get concerned because quite frankly, it's dangerous.

What if the guy you picked up got you at a time when you actually had money on you? What if he was armed? You're making choices that aren't safe because you want to avoid being confrontational. You're damn right people are gonna lecture you, and it's not because they are trying to shove some ideology down you're throat. It's because they are legitimately worried about your well being.

And at that point, please don't retort, "They don't need to worry, I can take care of my own problems." *****, you just got robbed. If this isn't a wake up call for how you see things, I don't know what will be that doesn't end up you getting hurt beyond repair.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
yes i am. i would also point out there is no legal way for me to play the game without buying a euro or japanese wii and importing the respective games. i am also ready to face said consequences if i ever got arrested for it which is not gonna happen
I feel your pain, I illegally downloaded FFV back in the day, one of the only games I ever illegally downloaded.

I actually got caught with games on my laptop, HOWEVER, I only emulate games I own :) so I didn't get in trouble.

I've heard Xenoblade is a lot better than Xenosaga, but Xenogears is the best story ever, so I'll hold off on playing it until I've read enough spoilers to know if it is going to be a mind **** like gears.

Also, Quote, I agree with Lux here.

DeLux

In other news,

I got some time and motivation to practice recently. After I'm done, you won't even recognize my climbers anymore ;)

Retooling my option pool with some new stuff hooray

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
I feel your pain, I illegally downloaded FFV back in the day, one of the only games I ever illegally downloaded.

I actually got caught with games on my laptop, HOWEVER, I only emulate games I own :) so I didn't get in trouble.

I've heard Xenoblade is a lot better than Xenosaga, but Xenogears is the best story ever, so I'll hold off on playing it until I've read enough spoilers to know if it is going to be a mind **** like gears.

Also, Quote, I agree with Lux here.
oh its a mind **** LOL

and i agree i really loved xenosaga and its story, and xenoblade is frankly better LOL

how can you get caught with games on your laptop? did you have the police going through it or something?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I lived on the UNL campus and they caught me DLing files so I was like "well...I'm a nerd and I own these games and I have proof."

DeLux

I didn't have a tv to watch it and I couldn't find an online stream so I was watching the game stream on the journal world and let me tell you, I was freaking out the whole time because it was so back and forth

I'm glad to see our team is still bad on defense this year :(

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Nebraska is going to start abandoning the running game, we don't have the line for power running like we want. Granted Fresno State have one of the best D-lines in the NCAA (Logan Harrell is on the Nugerski and outland watchlists), but that wasn't too encouraging as far as our running game is concerned. Defensively we just need the line backers to start filling gaps better, that's an easier fix.

Didn't see Kansas.

DeLux

Does anyone want to go to either OS4 this weekend in St Louis, or SIIS in Ohio for 24/25, or Pathways in Springfield on the 24th?

DeLux

I'm probably not going to be going to tournaments for a while. I need a few weekends to just relax. I'd do something small scale locally but that's it.
If you want, we can use this as an opportunity to build locally.

I have a master plan atm

Smash Lord
If you want, we can use this as an opportunity to build locally.

I have a master plan atm
Personnally, I'm thinking more along the lines of participation than orchestration right now.

I need to reevaluate a lot of things and get everything in order. I will start working on this once I'm confident that I've achieved this.

DeLux

If I get done with my errands, I'll make it out. Unfortunately, I have so much stuff to do tomorrow and I am stressing about it to the point of not sleeping that I might get a late start tomorrow which drastically decreases my chances of being able to make it

DeLux

I'm a 50/50. I'll help pot fill if I can get clearance from work to go. I won't know until tomorrow though.

DeLux

Free Play. I've been working on my Pit. I keep SDing when I try to arrow camp lol. And even when I don't SD, I can't do enough damage to even matter.

How much would gas cost us if I also came? I need to know if I need to throw down on some plasma money real quick

MJG

Smash Hero
Free Play. I've been working on my Pit. I keep SDing when I try to arrow camp lol. And even when I don't SD, I can't do enough damage to even matter.

How much would gas cost us if I also came? I need to know if I need to throw down on some plasma money real quick

the total trip would be roughly 60 dollars total

4 ppl

yeeeeeee

edit: we will possibly be getting cook as well, who is on the way

waiting for his response

DeLux

Well ICs I'm on like an 8 game losing streak too :(

I'd be willing to help drive if that helps. I get super carsick sitting in the back of small cars as you probably know by now :(

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Dude, the first week the game was out I went 100-0 with pikachu on
ladder and I learned how to play
, 55-2, it's hard to play wifi on a surfboard.

DeLux

How do you guys feel about having a tourney on October 8?

I'll work on a venue (worst case scenario we use the Lounge, but I'm going to talk to a bunch of local companies to see if I can't get something more public since the goal is going to me is to get new people). I feel like it's a good opportunity for us to try to kick start our scene. I'll actually do a flier campaign and stuff like that.

Any objections/thoughts?

Top Bottom