• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Boomer3d

Smash Journeyman
Also, watching him last tournament, Dream the Kirby has gotten really really really good lately. Like scary good to me. Just saying
That's funny because matt (dream/gim(b/r)) , me and blake literally talked about 30 minutes on the subject monday night. Also, you have videos of him?

Cook

Smash Master
So, people (Future and Bpow) keep telling me to do another Kahoka. All the weekends in October are currently available at the building, so you dudes have any recommendations or requests???

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Do it later in October because I think MJG, Fino, and I are going to be going to Devastation in AZ in early October, and I don't want to travel repeatedly lol

Smash Lord
I can't make it today. I have to work at 3:30 in Kansas City.

So today, I found out that there was 85 acres of parking in the crown center parking garage. How do I know this? I walked through about half of it trying to find my car today.
And because the security guy who helped me 45 minutes in told me

Boomer3d

Smash Journeyman
Hey blake I have the opportunity to request 1day off of work every week.Are we set to stay on monday for a while or do you think it will change soon?

DeLux

Most people request Saturdays so they can play in tournies ><

Boomer3d

Smash Journeyman
My reasoning is I can get individual saturdays off as long as I get them in within 2 weeks (and I hardly get sched sat anyways its just back to school rush at office depot). So i can guarentee myself to go to big tournaments and blakes while being able to go to Lux's every one in a while.

DeLux

Alright, who wants to go to Pathways this Saturday?

Time to get rides n **** organized

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
CONFIRMATION: Smash tonight (monday) from 5:30-11:00pm.

The times have been moved to 1 hour sooner.

So far nobody has presented a preferred day over Monday. Expect monday smashfests at my place for this entire semester. If any of you wish to object, speak now or forever hold your peace.

Thinking about opening my doors for the entire day or something for Labor day.

-all- of my work hours are consolidated into Saturday and Sunday, so that greatly hinders any tournament interest I would have had. I will still try to enjoy this game
even though I hate it immensely
and keep you guys fresh.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, A.R.K. IV is coming up September 17th-18th in Jacksonville, AR! We are expecting ~200 people with games such as Melee, Brawl, BlazBlue:CS II, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat 9, SSF4:AE, Street Fighter 3rd Strike: Online Edition, and more! Smashers are coming in from several states to compete!

Note that our tournament is working on securing sponsorships from well known companies which will each be providing additional prizes and bonus pots for our tournaments. The Traveling Circus has expressed interest as of this time. Also, well-known regional modder DaRabidDuckie will be on hand to provide dual mods (PS3 <-> 360) for fight sticks.

If you have ANY questions, please post on the official tournament thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=308992
I'd normally respond to replies on this thread, but I'm so busy with Med. School that I don't have time. Please try to make it and show your support not only for us, but for the Regional Smash community as a whole. Thanks guys!

DeLux

Hey, I'm looking for two more to go to Pathways besides Quote and me. If I can't find two more, I don't think I can afford to go :\

DeLux

Make sure you ask Jace to come. He likes doing these trips a lot. Springfield seems to like having him show up too.

I asked Jace. He's a negative.

I don't have anyone else's number that might want to go :(

If we can't get 4 to go to Springfield, I'll probably just have a smashfest at my place. If we have 8, we might even do a bracket for ****s and giggs to prep for BTEH2.
I'd rather go to Springfield, but apparently most of KC is too poor to travel lol

DeLux

Double post to update you guys:

Quote, a friend of mine that plays casually wants to go with us. If we could get one more, that would be ideal.

DeLux

Let me rephrase that

I don't have a phone where it's worht the trouble to type in a phone number because of a broken touch screen

Smash Lord
Lux, I'm assuming Springfield is a no go tomorrow. If this assumption is wrong call me, text me or at the very least post here. Otherwise, I'm probably going to sleep in until noon or something like that and won't be going.

My number is 913-704-7907.

Top Bottom