• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kadaj's ask me anything thread.

MasterOfGalaxies

Smash Apprentice
If they're hit with the dair, you are pretty much guaranteed the kill, though. You can use the DS regrab trick or you can drop and stagespike with DS and either one finishes him, because Falco Fire takes so long.

C.J.

Smash Master
Stagespiking with DS isn't a good idea. That lets them techjump and then sideB to recover. Weak fair to push them under the stage, respiking, and regrabbing the ledge are your best options.

Haze~

Smash Journeyman
counter oos, is it possible or do yuo have to drop shield first(can't try it out atm but i want to know)

Haze~

Smash Journeyman
You have you drop shield, you can jump and do it but it still has some decent start up time
That's ok wasn't expecting that lol. But it's interesting to practise it so you have a built in reaction for it.

quoting here sure looks dumb

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
Hey, Kirby main here, I happen to have Marth as a secondary.
My problem as a Kirby main is that ICs are my kryptonite. But, lo and behold, Marth vs. ICs is an even matchup, so im thinking there's hope for me yet.
How does a Marth go about fighting ICs? I'm gonna need to bust him out for when my Kirby gets counterpicked...

MasterOfGalaxies

Smash Apprentice
There is a Marth FAQ thread that you could ask these questions in too, you know.

Marth kills with gimps and edgeguards a lot, but for straight up kills Dsmash is the way to go on the ground in my opinion. It's a good killer plus the first hit is really fast. Pretty much any tipper aerial will kill eventually, too, especially a fresh Bair. You can also kill quite early with a tipper Fsmash, but it is very difficult to do well. DS OoS can kill if fresh too, and with those invincibility frames it's quite a boon.

Against the ICs, stay mostly to the ground and retreat all aerials. It's way easier to get grabbed by mis-spacing an offensive aerial than being careful on the ground and pulling back with rising aerials. SH Blizzard shenanigans can be outspaced with a careful Nair, although Counter is good too and sometimes easier. Dtilt is good for your ground options as long as they're too far away to shiedl grab it, and that isn't too hard to do as Dtilt has excellent range. DB is good, but if they shield it there goes your stock, so only use it to punish. I'm pretty sure there's a guide somewhere on the Marth boards, but if not you can just ask around more and people will help.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Hey, Kirby main here, I happen to have Marth as a secondary.
My problem as a Kirby main is that ICs are my kryptonite. But, lo and behold, Marth vs. ICs is an even matchup, so im thinking there's hope for me yet.
How does a Marth go about fighting ICs? I'm gonna need to bust him out for when my Kirby gets counterpicked...
If you're looking to play Marth vs ICs, just know that it's a very very slow paced match up. Waiting for openings while putting out safe pressuring tools is really the only way the match up can be played effectively.

Once you get your initial hit you need to be to sure capitalize on it as much as possible without leaving yourself vulnerable to being hit or in this specific case being grabbed. Pushing them to the ledge or keeping them in the air should be your main focus outside of keeping yourself in safe ranges

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
something ive always wondered..um why do players have disputes over which port the controller goes in? whats the significance with ports?
Because of port priority, it's important in MUs where explosions are involved, and probably a few others.

Edit: Example, you have port priority, and are fighting against a snake, you grab him while he's got a nade in hand, his nade goes off, but because you have port priority, he takes knockback and you don't.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Personally, I prefer only having a higher port number than someone i'm playing in singles if it's snake...

OTHERWISE;

Lower port is better for Marth (imo) due to ledge grab priority being given to lower port numbers (could be the difference between a gimp/getting gimped)

Top Bottom