• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K9's smashfest!!! (February, 5th and 6th, 2010) CANCELED

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
so K9 will throw down a SMASHFEST at his awesome venue..

bring setups!!!! + BRING GAMES like.. melee, smash64, TvC, w/e good games that you have
(it would be awesome, if someone bring Goldeneye or Perfect Dark 64.. )

if you coming on friday night (Feb, 5th) COME AFTER 8PM !!!!

Since no one will have any responsibilities on saturday due to the ridiculous amount of snow we will also continue the fest on Saturday for those of you snowed in with us.

That means you WILL need to bring food, a change of clothes, and Sleeping stuff.

DATE/LOCATION:
Feb 6th, 2010

13105 Quick Place
Woodbridge, Virginia 22193

Contact Information:
K-9: 571-201-4871

VENUE FEE: $1

Setups: BRING MORE SETUPS PLEASE !
K9 - 4 tvs

------------------
Banned:
1: Sin
2: Poyo

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Would a tourney be possible on such short notice?

Ohhhh right. I will have to charge that dollar venue fee.

No quarters please.

Been tryna do that for a while but people always avoid it :@

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Would a tourney be possible on such short notice?

Ohhhh right. I will have to charge that dollar venue fee.

No quarters please.

Been tryna do that for a while but people always avoid it :@
No quarters?

yo *** better exchange it then

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Make teh whole party a weekend.

idk, apparently people wanted one so I guess I'm going to attempt to throw one.

pluskornhasnoshameandnagslikeamofo

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I might come, as long as there ISNT a tournament. Depends on who else closer wants to smash. Im looking for a fun day not competition.
i will go

obviously there won't be a tourney right kenny?

I will bring a set up if there is no tourney guaranteed

SOVAman

Smash Hero
lol its not even because free money to chu

I just don't like tourneys that much. That's why I never enter singles

llamapaste

Smash Journeyman
I might come. Will it be running for the whole day or for part of it?

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Sorry Chu, seems like the majority just want a smashfest. ;x

@llama - I know that you're young so just letting you know it's not a public venue, it's at my house. Just in case your parents care. It will be all day though.

ChuDat

Smash Master
lol its not even because free money to chu

I just don't like tourneys that much. That's why I never enter singles
Everyone needs to get better (why else do you go to tournaments?). I propose that K-9 make it a $5 tournament so that it is nice and cheap for everyone. Why can people shed out $30 at a C3 tournament, and not spend $10 AT MOST for a tournament of the same quality? (K-9s place is possibly even better than C3 since he has heating, it's cheap, it's a comfortable place, and we actually have time to play friendlies unlike C3).

Someone give me an honest answer to that lolz.

I don't know about the rest of the community, but I enjoy the competition. Getting top 3 at every tournament is an accomplishment to me. I enjoy the feeling of placing top 3 at every tournament because that means I can still compete at top level. I'm still trying to get better, as well. If you guys haven't noticed, I lose to P~S at every single tournament. Now, I'm losing to Boss and Candy. I want to get better at this game so that I can compete at a national level against players from Cali, New Jersey, New York, Texas, ect.

Smashfests are fun, but not serious. It's basically a sandbagging fest since there is no incentive to try. Playing at a smart level is fun to me, though the best way to do that is if there is money on the line. I know that it is unfortunate that money has to be involved if you want to be serious, but that's just how it is.

If this is just a "hang-out" fest, then I won't go and I'll stop trying to convince you guys haha.

I think we should make this a tournament!

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Yeah C3 sucks and I like kenny's venue is a lot better and its cheaper. But sometimes I just want to play and get better that way. Instead of entering a tourney getting knocked out after 4 sets and not learning or getting better.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I have to admit it annoys me to no end sometimes that Chu is trying to turn a Smashfest into a tournament..... but I am trying to test out some **** in a competitive atmosphere and improve so I'd pay 5 dollars to enter singles since he's right, it does make u play harder. The only problem is set ups, people who come just to fest should not be limited to one friendly TV, the set ups should be split equally IF there is a small little side tournament.

Either way though I'll come if Tant goes.

Top Bottom