• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
Well guys; looks like we're only getting the Mario Maker stage from what I'm seeing and based on the fact Sakurai nor the Japanese smash bros twitter page hasn't posted anything new since the announcement about the stage. To be honest, I could be wrong; maybe Sakurai is hiding some some sort of secret from us and will surprise us? Maintenace being an hour and a half can't be for one stage, you know. :o
yes you'r right... HOPE not! :p

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'm absolutely baffled they didn't bother to update Smash twitter or their official website for this stage. This is incredibly unceremonious for such a big addition to Smash even if it's not character related. And I was so certain we'd at least get a second stage. I'll be damned. I guess they're just gonna plunk SMM stage in here with nothing else.

If that's the case and we only get SMM, it's honestly making me think the Pre-Ballot DLC is indeed long over with and the exception to that being the SMM stage.

Well now I guess I'll be surprised if we get anything else. If characters were coming you'd be sure as hell that they'd announce it ahead of time, or at least tease it ahead of time. They aren't just going to plunk in Wolf in the ingame store. Oh well. At the very least I'll be having fun on that stage since I dislike most of the other 3DS stages.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
You know, come to think of it, we might already have K. Rool, after all if Grant Kirkhope and Playtonic mentioned that they'd love to see him in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3-DS, then I think Sakurai is just waiting for the right time to reveal him.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
I'm not sure that actually means that he WILL be in the game, but that's a nice touch that there's reknown folks that share the same sentiment as us do. And like I said before, that could go a long way in the run of things.

Anyway, there's little time for whatever rumored 'other stuff' alongside the stage of MM. Any last thoughs of what we 'could see'?

A character?

More customes?

An extra stage?

Nothing else?

A special Smash Bros direct for another time announced...?

:denzel:...

OR, NOTHING AT ALL...

InsaneHippo

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure that actually means that he WILL be in the game, but that's a nice touch that there's reknown folks that share the same sentiment as us do. And like I said before, that could go a long way in the run of things.

Anyway, there's little time for whatever rumored 'other stuff' alongside the stage of MM. Any last thoughs of what we 'could see'?

A character?

More customes?

An extra stage?

Nothing else?

A special Smash Bros direct for another time announced...?

:denzel:...

OR, NOTHING AT ALL...
with it being the night before and no updates, im just thinking its an extremely complex stage...which im honestly really looking forward to. if the maintenance is going to take as long as adding roy, ryu, lucas, and three stages, then there must be a ton of possible layouts.

I don't think the amount of downtime necessarily correlates to how much new content there is. There's no telling what else they might need to work on during the maintenance besides just adding the stage.

CharlieSolark

Smash Cadet
NNID
xXSolarkXx
3DS FC
0259-0796-7972
Maintenance has arrived...
Well, Imma sleep. I better hear some good stuff when I wake up tomorrow.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
I would gladly have waited another couple months for this particular DLC if it came with characters.

Being disappointed really isn't warranted, but if they were going to bother to surprise us at all, they really should have thrown a character in.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Pirate ship stage out of nowhere, and mii fighter costumes out of nowhere!

did they think that we knew about them before?

D

Deleted member

I'm.. actually not that disappointed, i knew what to expect and i'm happy to get pirate ship back!
but i'm sorry for those who are, it can be a pain to wait but waiting is better than a possible deconfirmation, i hope we get the king soon though.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Pirate ship stage out of nowhere, and mii fighter costumes out of nowhere!

did they think that we knew about them before?
If anything they probably just wanted it to be a surprise for once. Before it was made available dataminers were able to determine that there were both new costumes and a new stage, but the guy didn't have time to tell who they were yet.

I'm.. actually not that disappointed, i knew what to expect and i'm happy to get pirate ship back!
but i'm sorry for those who are, it can be a pain to wait but waiting is better than a possible deconfirmation, i hope we get the king soon though.
I outright expected this much. I thought a character was likely, especially due to the timing and everything, but I doubted it once it started getting close. I totally figured we'd get a full update, though.

Duck Hunt stage for 3DS is interesting. Is that one free since it's just ported from the Wii U?

Wasn't really expecting a character because of the hush the last several days. When characters are incoming, there will be another marketing blitz. If it doesn't come in a Direct, expect a countdown on the main site to get everyone pumped for a few days.

There is still the chance that the files contain some trace if upcoming content, if there was another oversight about files going out prematurely.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
That is the true? Nice then.

Glad to see that I wasn't that far off. Told all of you that it wasn't going to be much. But still nice to see some content aside from the MM stage. Pirate Ship is nice because that is one of many Brawl stages that were really fun to play. :pirateship:

Glad to see it back in SM4SH. And some costumes are still nice for the people that likes them, not that I use them, but have them in my reach is nice.

But wait...

Pirate Ship...? Pirate Ship...

Kremlings are part of a PIRATE-LIKE crew commanded by K.Rool...

Is he confirmed then...? :troll:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
MONSTER HUNTER COSTUMES

Bought.

IEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The Rathalos armor set to be specific

Also Pirate Ship! Wow! Glad to see it back. Now we just need a certain kaptain...

Gonna buy SMM, Pirate Ship, and Rathalos Armor

Sad that there is no new character though. Hopefully soon.

Also duck hunt stage on 3DS. More stages for me!

Wait, now I'm hearing Pirate Ship is Wii U exclusive

Screw you. Don't even bother with a new 3DS stage, just copy paste one from the Wii U. At least it's free.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So what is your highlight of the new update? Personally its the Monster Hunter Costumes and the Business Suit (That thing is perfect for my James Bond Mii!) and nice that Pirate Ship is back again!

So what is your highlight of the new update? Personally its the Monster Hunter Costumes and the Business Suit (That thing is perfect for my James Bond Mii!) and nice that Pirate Ship is back again!
Mainly the stages. The business suit is pretty neat; could be one of the few Mii costumes I end up buying for its sheer utility. It's a nice touch that the ties reflect your Mii's theme color, and a briefcase as the Gunner's weapon is a stroke of brilliance.

I like the N64 Fox getup. The Toad Mii in the trailer is terrifying, though.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Eh these two stages are cool but stages IMO don't keep the game fresh enough. I seriously hope someone finds data in the update for potential ballot characters for the 3rd. If not looks like what I had feared will happen and Sakurai says on the 3rd "Thank you for the ballot votes you've waited 8 months for a character and I'm proud to inform you that you will be waiting another 8 months as we start developing characters thank you for your patience and please understand!"

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
The highlights for me is obviously the random ruckus Super Mario Maker stage as well as the Monster Hunter Mii costumes. The MonHun stuff was a very pleasant surprise. I might have made an audible sound of joy when I saw them, though not quite as much as a character would.

Still a little bitter over Pirate Ship being Wii U exclusive. If we were to get a Wii U stage on the 3DS to compensate I would have rather had ...wait...

*goes to check Wii U stage roster*

I guess there really isn't a specific stage I'd absolutely clamor for except Melee Temple or Bridge of Eldin. The former because it's my favorite Smash stage and the latter for Midna's theme.

Though I would have preferred we got a completely different Brawl stage, or just Pirate Ship without the tornado gimmick if that was what was holding it back.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The highlights for me is how well Sakurai kept this hidden. NONE of this was guessed, rumored, or leaked in any way, shape, or form, even the previously announced Super Mario Maker. No one guessed any of these Mii Fighter costumes, let alone "leaked" them. And Pirate Ship? Yeah, a lot of people thought it was likely to come back, and it eventually did, but no one thought it was coming now.

This was a complete and total 100% surprise, and considering how this was a surprise and no one got anywhere close to getting this right, I'm 100% convinced the Shovel Knight rumor is false as well. There's no way a future update got leaked and this one DIDN'T.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
The highlights for me is how well Sakurai kept this hidden. NONE of this was guessed, rumored, or leaked in any way, shape, or form, even the previously announced Super Mario Maker. No one guessed any of these Mii Fighter costumes, let alone "leaked" them. And Pirate Ship? Yeah, a lot of people thought it was likely to come back, and it eventually did, but no one thought it was coming now.

This was a complete and total 100% surprise, and considering how this was a surprise and no one got anywhere close to getting this right, I'm 100% convinced the Shovel Knight rumor is false as well. There's no way a future update got leaked and this one DIDN'T.
Well said and I hope that proves true. I have a little bit more hope for the King now.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
More costumes based on playable characters bodes well for us.

And we got the Pirate Ship, which can function as K. Rool's stage if he doesn't get one of his own.

TallT

Smash Apprentice
Viridi and Toad got costumes, so you guys know what this means. Sakurai saw them as popular characters that everyone was asking for and decided to turn them into Mii costumes to deconfirm them for their fans .:troll:

The highlights for me is obviously the random ruckus Super Mario Maker stage as well as the Monster Hunter Mii costumes. The MonHun stuff was a very pleasant surprise. I might have made an audible sound of joy when I saw them, though not quite as much as a character would.

Still a little bitter over Pirate Ship being Wii U exclusive. If we were to get a Wii U stage on the 3DS to compensate I would have rather had ...wait...

I guess there really isn't a specific stage I'd absolutely clamor for except Melee Temple or Bridge of Eldin. The former because it's my favorite Smash stage and the latter for Midna's theme.

Though I would have preferred we got a completely different Brawl stage, or just Pirate Ship without the tornado gimmick if that was what was holding it back.
The 3DS didn't get the Pirate Ship because of the swimming mechanic on that stage. Sakurai probably wanted the stages to play the same on both versions.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Viridi and Toad got costumes, so you guys know what this means. Sakurai saw them as popular characters that everyone was asking for and decided to turn them into Mii costumes to deconfirm them for their fans .:troll:

The 3DS didn't get the Pirate Ship because of the swimming mechanic on that stage. Sakurai probably wanted the stages to play the same on both versions.
Well ****, I forgot about the swimming mechanics. That probably just about did it. I would have gladly taken Temple to compensate or something. Bridge of Eldin if Temple is too big for the 3DS.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well, Pirate Ship kinda sticks the final nail in the coffin as far as Gangplank Galleon is concerned.

Not that I expected it to to happen, but it was a nice concept.

Even so, PIRATE SHIP HYPE~

And yeah Mii costumes seems a good omen to me.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I'm glad Pirate Ship is back but it probably kills the possibility of a Gangplank Galleon stage

Edit- Greninja'd

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

The 3DS version got the Duck Hunt stage for free; I haven't seen that mentioned much, but it's there.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Glad to see I correctly predicted that we'd at least be getting another level and more mii outfits today :p. But the thirst for character announcements still continues. Maybe we will get some announcement when the Ballot ends on Saturday, or some countdown for a Direct where this Smash character (and Nintendo in general) drought will hopefully be put to an end.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Fox and Captain Falcon Mii costumes... well, this makes me curious to see if they'll make a Mii costume of Donkey Kong himself, and how/if people will consider it as something relevant to K. Rool's chances :denzel:

Pirate Ship stage is nice. Sure, it isn't viable for serious 1vs1 stocks and no items, but I had a ton of fun with this stage back in Brawl time, and playing it again felt great. Seeing a Wii U exclusive DLC stage with only recycled musics also gives me hope to see Fountain of Dreams back despite the fact I used to think it was a pipe dream (due to its only original track being on another DLC stage and reflect effects that could potentially be too much to ask for the 3DS). Pirate Ship will also be an awesome unofficial home stage for K. Rool as a way to emulate Gangplank Galleon in promotional material such as his trailer!

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
K.Rool for best waifu
I̻N̙͚Ț̴O̠̪̙͈͘ ͕̗͡T̗͎͚̘ͅḨ͎̰͍͇͇̬E͕̣̥͕̪̪ͅ ̸̼̪͈͈̥ͅG̗̩̳̯ÙL͎̜͈̣̭̼͔L͉͇̲ͅE͔̳͠T͇͇̤̺̼ ͉͉͔̙̪́ÓF̠͘ ̵̮̘Ṃ̧̪͔̤̞A̦͔͟D͓͇̝̟̳̗͍N͕̼͇Ẹ̖̻̟S̟S͇̟̹̤̣͟

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
This is probably nothing but the K. Rool character costume and the Fox character costume are done in the exact same style as each other.

Look at the other costumes and you'll notice the character hat is usually that characters head enveloping the person's head like a circle, or are just the "hair" part of the costume. With Fox and K. Rool it's the top half of their head being used as a hat and ONLY the top half. They're the only 2 like that.

Go to the DLC index page to see for yourselves:

http://www.smashbros.com/us/dlc/index.html

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Well, that was anticlimactic. Again.

I'm starting to get really nervous. It seems those two empty 'Mario's are still not full, which makes me think that those are the two characters we'll get, end of story. With only two, and the hard-to-shake rumors of them being Wolf and Shovel Knight, I don't know what to think anymore.

I still don't think Fox and Falcon costumes mean anything for K.Rool, since there is a fundamental difference. Like Link, Megaman, Samus, &c., those characters were already in the game BEFORE the Mii costume came out. K.Rool is in the same boat as the Inklings, Toad, Viridi...the characters who are not in but have costumes, despite having loads of requests. K.Rool definitely has the best chance out of any newcomer since he's so requested, but if PushDustIn is right, they've already decided on their ballot character.

Kudos to them for keeping this one quiet, but I liked it better when they announced things so we didn't have to get hyped by leaks, and then let down. Getting let down because we know 90% of the stuff is better than getting let down since we hype ourselves up too much.

Top Bottom